Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saint - Desperate Night

Go down 
+3
MikeInFla
KellyM
Fundy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Saint - Desperate Night Empty
PostSubject: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:32 am

My copy arrived yesterday, and after a rather bad day (with a migraine) I finally settled down to listening to the album at about 11.30pm. First impressions... well it's definitely up there with the better Saint albums, not that any are that bad anyway! I've only listened to it once but I'm really liking it. For some reason I love how Inside Out and Desperate Night fit together so well, really want to listen to that sequence again. And Brian is a great replacement for Josh, although I do hope that Josh somehow gets to sing one song on each future album as that would be a nice tip of the hat to each other. All tracks seem to be at least GOOD, so that's a positive place to begin! Looking forward to many more listens!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:50 am

I've listened through a couple of times and I really like this album. I was thrilled to see the remake of 'To Live Forever'. That was my fav from The Perfect Life and I had been hoping for a redo. It turned out very nice. There are a lot of upbeat groove riffs on this album that sound great. Rich's bass guitar sound is the best of any Saint album (IMO) and the drum work is right on. I really dig the new vocalist... and that's coming from a diehard Josh Kramer fan. All in all, I am very impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Agreed the bass sound is stellar. I think my favorite tune is The Key. I also hope Rich sings at least one song on future albums. Not a bad track on this one. I've had it since he downloads were released and have probably listened to it 20 times.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

This album has surpassed my love for any other Saint album. This is the absolutely best thing they've ever done in my opinion.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:46 pm

I really dig it, but I think I still like Hell Blade just a smidge more.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:16 am

Yes, I'm a yes -- now fan of Saint.
I like some albums, but not all of them.

When I listened to the songs of "Desperate Night" my thought was, wow this is very good, or vet gaaf.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Vet Gaaf Indeed!!!!

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Vet Gaaf from me too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:02 pm

This sounds really good. I might buy this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint - Desperate Night   Saint - Desperate Night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saint - Desperate Night
Page 1 of 1