Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gone Out of Country?

Go down 
+3
Driven
rockerVu2
Staybrite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Gone Out of Country? Empty
PostSubject: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Ok we are a rather diverse (but small) group from the U.S., Canada, and Western Europe (mostly).
I am wondering how many of us have traveled outside of our native country. If so, where did you go and why? Was it a vacation? Or maybe work related? Or have you even immigrated to a new country?

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Almost two years ago we made a trip to Canada to visit family.
Yep, that was vacation.
I've visited other countries in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:43 pm

I have visited the United States, Mexico (one afternoon in Brownsville, TX, we crossed over), France, and other European countries.

I've visited the US for family and for tourism, mostly along the East Coast. However, I've been to Texas and across the country (Ontario to Washington via many states).

Of course, I have a lot of family in France, thus why I've been there. There's an element of tourism, too, so I've seen the Normandy beaches, the Alps, the south coast, Loire, and others. My family is dispersed in those areas too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:00 pm

I have been to Mexico on a vacation and to Canada once when I was a teenager while traveling with my dad for work.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Almost two years ago we made a trip to Canada to visit family.

I remember that trip, you and your husband came down the boarder to Washington State too, to meet me and my boys. Very Happy

rockerVu2 wrote:
I've visited other countries in Europe.

Didn't you go to Germany for some great concerts, and then to Austria or Switzerland to climb the Alps a few times?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 pm

danielbandfan wrote:

Of course, I have a lot of family in France, thus why I've been there. There's an element of tourism, too, so I've seen the Normandy beaches, the Alps, the south coast, Loire, and others. My family is dispersed in those areas too.

Where else besides France have you visited in Europe?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:09 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I have been to Mexico on a vacation and to Canada once when I was a teenager while traveling with my dad for work.

Isn't it mandatory to go to Mexico once a year if you live in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona? (lol)

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:05 am

Never been out of the USA.. funny since I live 3 hours from the Mexico border.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 am

Staybrite wrote:
Isn't it mandatory to go to Mexico once a year if you live in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona? (lol)

I hope not, it's been quite a few years since I went to Mexico, despite it being just a few hours away. lol!

Other than border towns, I've only been to Mexico once, when I was about 14. We only made it as far south as Mexico City, but it was a cool trip.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:29 am

Staybrite wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

Where else besides France have you visited in Europe?

I don't know for sure (I was, like, 5 years old Laughing) but I think we visited Italy and Monaco. One day I hope to visit Spain or Germany.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 am

I've been to Mexico twice. Both times we smuggled drugs (anabolic steroids) back into the U.S. for a guitar player I used to tour with.

There is only 1 other country I would even consider visiting, and that is Australia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 am

Never been outside of the USA.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 am

Quote :
I remember that trip, you and your husband came down the boarder to Washington State too, to meet me and my boys. Very Happy

I remember that too Gary, we had to wait hours and hours to cross the border between Canada and the US.
I was scared to be to late for our appointment.

We are thinking to go back to Canada.

I've been in Austria, Switserland, Germany, Belgium, France, Italy and Greeceand in the United Kingdom for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:10 am

If you come back to Canada, rocker, feel free to drop into Ontario. It's way far from the West, but I'd be delighted to take you geocaching in the area. Thumbs Up

And yes, border waits are tiresome when driving. I've had my share.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am

I have never been outside of the USA. There are places I want to see, but I probably will never go.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Never been out of the USA.. funny since I live 3 hours from the Mexico border.

Hardkore wrote:

Never been outside of the USA.
Alldat wrote:
I have never been outside of the USA. There are places I want to see, but I probably will never go.
I figured there would probably be a couple that had never left the country. But I'm a little suprised that G/F lives so close to Mexico and has never gone. I would still visit Old Mexico, but with as bad as the gangs and drug cartels have gotten, I'm not sure I would go without 3 or 4 people.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Okay guess it's my turn now.

I lived in Germany for a little over 2-1/2 years (3rd, 4th, and 5th grade). My father was in the U.S. Army and he was stationed there. While living there we visited The Netherlands twice, they have fantastic cheese and bread.

I travelled to a few places out of country when I was in the Army myself. Trained in Oman with their Army for a few weeks (far east of the middle east). Spain, Egypt, and The Azores for a few hours of refuling (not that it counts much). And went to Panama twice, once for training and once to avoid getting shot at by the Panamanian Defense Force.Laughing

I have vacationed a few times in Victoria Canada, and once while visiting an old army buddy in Texas we spent a day in Jaurez Mexico.

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 pm

I would not go to Mexico now. It is to risky and dangerous....of course in Lubbock where I live Mexico came to us. 85% of all restaraunts here are Mexican. There are lots of mexican shops and alot of products here are mexician. The grocery stores and walmart sell tons of Mexican products and they have Mexican festivals and concerts here all the time. It is kinda cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 am

danielbandfan wrote:
If you come back to Canada, rocker, feel free to drop into Ontario.

That reminds me, I have been to Windsor, but that's like going to Juarez and saying you've been to Mexico. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:44 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:
If you come back to Canada, rocker, feel free to drop into Ontario.

That reminds me, I have been to Windsor, but that's like going to Juarez and saying you've been to Mexico. Smile

Hey! I resemble that remark.....Gone Out of Country? 362604

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:47 am

DBF, when we go back to Canada, we go to the west coast.
I think Ontario is very from from BC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Never been outside the continental U.S. Guess I'm stuck in the forsaken Midwest forever(or at least til I die)... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gone Out of Country?   Gone Out of Country? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gone Out of Country?
Page 1 of 1