Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What would you take...

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
nazpastor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

What would you take... Empty
PostSubject: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:15 pm

OK, as many of you know I finished my master's degree last year. I have taken a year off from education, and decided to start taking classes through the community college where my wife works just for my own interests. I am taking a class on the history of the Middle East this semester.

If you were going to take courses just for self-interest, what would they be?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:46 pm

I personally wish I didn't sleep during my history classes...

I'd take more world history classes. I've studied much of Church history and the religions of the world's histories, but the history, rise and fall, cultures throughout recorded time is very interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:55 pm

My wife did that with a few classes. She took a "History of Rock & Roll" class (with me....back when I was a student). She also took a photography class just for the fun of it.

I went to college for so long (6 years) that the thought of taking any more classes makes me a little nauseous. I might do it, if I could just audit the course. I love history myself, I took a literature class in ancient Christianity that was fantastic (but tons of reading).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I'd take a class on photography and one on sound engineering.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:06 am

When there's a class landscaping I would take that class.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
When there's a class landscaping I would take that class.

Oh yes, I bet my wife would really like that one too.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:32 pm

I would take sound engineering, or urban planning.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 pm

A lot of varied interests it seems. I wish I had taken advantage of my opportunity when she worked at the community college that is 5 minutes from our house. She switched jobs a few years back and now drives 45 miles each way, so I have to take online classes. Maybe when my daughter hits high school next year I can drive over a couple of days a week and pick up some other stuff that I want to take in person.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:59 pm

What class I would like to do too is how to play a stand up bass.
Since I was a kid I love the sound of a stand up bass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Music theory. outside of the Bible, that's a subject that interests me.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm

My wife is faculty at a small Christian university and I can take undergrad courses for free. I've thought about taking some Greek and Bible classes after I get this stupid dissertation finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you take...   What would you take... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you take...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: