Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gungor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Has anyone else heard or gotten into Gungor by any chance? I had wondered about them, and my daughter came home from college over the weekend and we were discussing them. I bought a couple of MP3 albums by them, and I am really liking what I hear from them. Just curious as to other opinions on them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Is this the same as "The Michael Gungor Band"? My wife downloaded a song from them called "Beautiful Things" that is pretty cool. It has more of an alternative/pop vibe to it (definately not your cookie cutter type CCM that usually gets played on our one "Christain friendly" radio station here).

nazpastor

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Is this the same as "The Michael Gungor Band"? My wife downloaded a song from them called "Beautiful Things" that is pretty cool. It has more of an alternative/pop vibe to it (definately not your cookie cutter type CCM that usually gets played on our one "Christain friendly" radio station here).

According to my daughter, they were called The Michael Gungor Band and later shortened it to just Gungor. Beautiful things is the title track from their first Gungor album. It is not typical of the album, as it is extremely diverse and not cookie at all. It is a great modern worship type project with huge variety in the music, but very worshipful lyrics. I highly recommond checking them out if you are looking for some great modern worship music.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:34 pm

I have a Michael Gungor CD around here somewhere if you are interested. I just didn't really get into it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Gonna hafta check this out
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have a Michael Gungor CD around here somewhere if you are interested. I just didn't really get into it.

Definitely interested. Let me know what you are looking for for it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:04 am

Actually, I've got several worship CDs that I might just list. I'll get back to you this weekend about the Gungor one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Actually, I've got several worship CDs that I might just list. I'll get back to you this weekend about the Gungor one.

I look forward to the list. I haven't bought a lot of CDs lately, so if I can work something out with you that would be great.
Back to top Go down

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:01 pm

A kid I know (heh... college freshman, so not really a kid, I guess) recently posted a blog post by someone called Gungor that was pretty scathing. I'll see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Here is is...

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:52 pm

OUCH! That was indeed scathing!

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Personally, I found the blog refreshing that someone would actually step out and call the "Christian" community to be truthful with themselves and others. While I don't drink, I do like what Gungor said about buying a Coke rather than shutting the business down is a valid way to approach something like that. The older I get, the more uncomfortable I am with extremes. What I used to rigidly hold to, I now find that people are pushed away rather than embraced. There are a number of ministries that are being founded around the world that focus on building the relationship (i.e. buying a Coke from a bartender and striking up a conversation) rather than holding "sinners" at an arm's length so you don't get a reputation of being a "sinner" yourself.

Personally, I pastor a pretty moderate congregation. Some are more conservative than others, some more liberal. The thing I have to do is to try to spur every one of them on to becoming what Christ desires them to be. There are times I forego something that the conservative side would find offensive, simply because I don't want to be offensive. At other times, I am more liberal on a stance so that I don't become staid in my views and believe that rigorous legalism is the way we should be.

I believe being honest with myself and my congregation is vital to being able to effectively work for the Kingdom, and that was what I read Gungor really calling the reader to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gungor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungor   Gungor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gungor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: