Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeremy Camp

Go down 
+3
LateFortheParty
Staybrite
Dynamis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:01 pm

Any fans of this CCM artist? No, don't worry, I am not "mellowing out" or anything it is just that at work today a co-worker seemed to "insist" that I listen his latest album "Beyond Measure".

While not exactly my cup of tea, I am pleasantly surprised with Jeremy's lead vocal abilities and the production and songwriting seem quite good as well.

Now, I cannot wait until tomorrow because I am going to "insist" that the co-worker in question listen to the Letter 7 CD. Turn about is fair play, huh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23598
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 pm

I liked his first two albums "Stay" and "Restored", but his latest album "Beyond Measure" did absolutely nothing for me (too mellow for this dude).

I know this guy at church who has a demo album that Camp did (before "Stay", I'm assuming) and it really rocks. Pretty heavy compared to most of his stuff. For some reason Camp never released it, and I can't get my church friend to burn me a copy of it (what kind of friend is that?).

--

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:49 pm

I don't have any of his cds, but I purchased the dowload "Tonight", which, I really like. Haven't liked him enough to purchase more songs, though. If he puts out a rockin' song, I'll download it.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Ive heard A couple of his songs he is okay
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23602
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:49 am

Um...after the "mellowing out" statement, I'm almost afraid to admit that I have all of his CDs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16616
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:58 am

Um ... I don't have problems with your "mellowing out" statement.
It's free to listen to the music you like. Better listen to mellow music with bold Christian lyrics than to music you don't like isn't it?
I have one CD of Jeremy Camp.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:17 am

There is nothing wrong with mellowing out or listening to Jeremy Camp (who I think has a lost of good songs). Just not my cup of tea- although it sounds like I might like his earlier albums better than "Beyond Measure".

And speaking of mellowing out, I've been listening to Liberty N' Justice's new acoustic rock album "Independence Day" and enjoy it a great deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9971
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:46 am

Camp is a very talented guy with an awesome testimony (losing his first wife to cancer - which many of the songs on "Stay" were inspired by)... He is more CCM than we are into here at CHM, but he's an incredible guy who loves his Savior.

As for his tunes, we have all of his albums, my wife really digs him, but I feel like a many of his songs sound the same and have trouble getting into him beyond his 2nd album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23598
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:53 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:
... but I feel like a many of his songs sound the same

Ah the curse of many a modern rock band/artist (at least for me anyway).

But that is probably the case with any kind of music I/you/anyone, only marginally appreciates, much of it sounds the same after awhile. I could probably say the same of Progressive, Power Metal, Blues, CCM, Pop (for me anyway). If most of it sounds the same, it is probably because it is not your favorite style of music (some wise music fan told me that not long ago). Tongue

And if it all sounds horribly the same (or horrible and the same Tongue ), then you souldn't be listening to it at all (ie Rap/Hip-Hop etc).

Jeremy Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Camp   Jeremy Camp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Camp
Page 1 of 1