Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lincoln Brewster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 am

Are there any fans of this worship leader? Lincoln got his big break playing for the former singer of Journey, and he released his first worship record in the late 90's. I love his playing style, and he has only done a couple of cover tunes in his career. His studio albums typically are new songs. His last two albums "Today Is The Day" and "Real Life" (just came out) are playful, full of guitar solos, and very heartfelt even for the simplistic lyrics. Some people compare his writing/playing style to John Mayer.

I think over the years that Lincoln is probably my favorite in the worship field. Jeff Deyo would have to be a close second as these guys write new stuff but are not afraid to rock it out a bit.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:27 pm

I have one of his albums, but almost never play it. Which is strange because when I do play it, I am left full of joy with a light heart. He has a good talent for crafting good pop songs. I need to break it out today and give it a spin.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Lincoln Brewster is very good.
I love his music.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:28 pm

I love Lincoln Brewster as well! We play some of his song for Praise and Worship in Youth Group.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Actually, I have all 6 of his albums!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:20 am

Let me see, I only have a small part of his albums.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Actually, I have all 6 of his albums!

Are some of those "live" albums? For some reason I thought he only had 3 or 4 studio albums.

Admin
alldatndensum

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:12 pm

He has one live album, but even with that, there are different songs than on his studio projects. I don't usually like live discs, but Lincoln's was worth it because it wasn't just songs he'd already done. Plus, he cuts loose with a lot more lead guitar.

Here's the complete discography:

Lincoln Brewster 1999
Live To Worship 2000
Amazed 2002
All To You Live 2005
Let The Praises Ring--The Best Of Lincoln Brewster 2006
Today Is The Day 2008
Today Is The Day expanded 2009
Real Life 2010

I don't have the greatest hits disc or the expanded version of "Today Is The Day".

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm

The only one I have is "Live to Worship". Looks like I might need to check out some more of his catalog.

Admin
alldatndensum

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:48 pm

The very first one and the three newest ones are chock full of guitar solos. The one you have, Gary, is pretty void of them.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:13 am

Let me search for some songs of his newest albums.
I really like "rocking" musicin this genre.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:26 pm

It looks like several of his albums are available on emusic.

Lincoln Brewster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln Brewster   Lincoln Brewster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lincoln Brewster
Page 1 of 1