Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Troglodyte Dawn News

Go down 
+6
Guilty/Forgiven
Dynamis
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Fundy
Staybrite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Troglodyte Dawn News Empty
PostSubject: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:34 pm

Trog (Randy) used to post here on occasion (several years ago), but like many of us he has scaled back and I believe he mostly keeps to his own board "The Cave".

I noticed that he fleshed out his one-man "Troglodyte Dawn" project (doom and ambient music) into a full fledged band and actually performed at Cornerstone this year. John Tinker (Tink has also been known to post here on some rare occasions) of "Stevie and the Saints" fame was filling in on drums, but has had to leave. I was shocked to find out who will be replacing him.......

Quote :
The big news in the TD camp is that our drummer, Big John Tinker, had decided that the UFTA show would be his final performance with the band. We are forever grateful to him for his efforts that helped get the band out of the Cave and on to the stage. We wish him well in his new endeavors and remind him that he will always be a part of this family whether he likes it or not...blood in...blood out, brother!

The rest of the story is that we have, after a six year long search, finally found a local drummer with the right stuff to propel us into the next chapter of our history. Enter Greg Chaisson, former bassist for BADLANDS, DIE HAPPY, RED SEA and BLINDSIDE BLUES BAND. Greg, having switched to drums several years ago because he wanted a new challenge musically, saw the ad we placed online, heard the music and was intrigued enough to contact us for an audition. Of course, my first question after he introduced himself was: "But Greg, you're a bassist and I'm looking for a drummer." Yeah, yeah, yeah...nobody had asked him that question up to this point in time, right? Right. Once he shared the specifics of his migration to drums, we scheduled a date and time for him to come play with the band. After that short audition, Kev, Justin and I were convinced we had found our man and offered him the job on the spot - which he accepted. Along with his natural drumming abilities, Greg also brings his years of professional experience to Troglodyte Dawn and a personality that fit so well with the rest of us, it felt as though we had already known each other for years when we met.

Many exciting things are on the horizon, but for now we will be returning to the Cave for a short time to work out a new live set for some local gigs in the near future and focus on writing new material in order to get this lineup into the studio as soon as possible.

It's been a long road here...many thanks to those of you who have walked beside us and not faltered!

How cool is that!?

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:59 am

That sounds pretty good to me. Bring it on!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:27 am

I found it cool for Randy, but it sucks for those of us who loved Greg playing bass. I guess that guitar is boring him too as he was doing that in studios for the past few years.

I hope this addition really helps them get TD off the ground again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:09 am

Let's see how Greg will do in Troglodyte Dawn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:34 am

I got that message. Cool news, but I do wish Greg would do another project in the vein of Badlands/Red Sea. Since it doesn't look like that was going to happen, I'll take what I can get. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I got that message. Cool news, but I do wish Greg would do another project in the vein of Badlands/Red Sea. Since it doesn't look like that was going to happen, I'll take what I can get. Very Happy

Agreed.
Speaking of Trog and his "Cave". Tall Tyrion was the first person I met many years ago over at Trog's board. I remember TT sticking up for me when I suggested that F.O.G. had elements of "doom" in their music.
Troglodyte Dawn News Icon_lol

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 pm

This is good news- looking forward to hearing some new TD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Speaking of Trog and his "Cave". Tall Tyrion was the first person I met many years ago over at Trog's board. I remember TT sticking up for me when I suggested that F.O.G. had elements of "doom" in their music.

And I'll still stand behind that! Twisted Evil

Did you have the same username? I can't say that I recall this, but it was a few years back...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Yes I did have the same user name.
I remember you and I where one of the few people who would post in the "reading section" I believe you actually encouraged me to read C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" and "The Screwtape Letters" (both great recommendations btw).
I was something of a baby Christian at the time. (I don't know why I remember all of that).
Smile

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Sweet! I can't recommend CS Lewis highly enough. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Since this is here, I'll give y'all an update on the dichotomy that is Troglodyte Dawn:

the Greg Chaisson connection/lineup was short-lived and did not yield any live shows or recordings, unfortunately.
I'm still in touch with Greg from time to time though, so you never know.

Since the summer of 2010, the band has been mostly dormant...until this year.

I released 3 new epic-length ambient singles as part of a new group of recordings called the Mystoric Series:

1. Ant Tattoos (Retold)
2. Zatanfallen

3. Flaatinslang [free bonus track only available with the purchase of Zatanfallen]

and I also released an extended single version of the Fallen World suite which includes all 5 sections of the entire piece available for the first time as a single track.

These and all of the previous releases are available on my Stone Groove Records label at Bandcamp:
https://troglodytedawn.bandcamp.com/

And, as always, I have my good eye open for opportunities that will allow me to return to the live stage and to record the next doom-focused album which has been on the planning boards for so long.
- Trog  Headbang 

Last edited by Staybrite on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Link to bandcamp page)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Great to hear from you again brother, it has been a long time since we have seen you hear. Hope all is well, and very much looking forward to hearing you crank out some new doom. I will have to get over the Stone Grooves Bandcamp sites and check out all the new (and some old) releases.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Thumbs Up  You Rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Headbang @ both of you!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Good to see you here again, Randy!  Welcome!

Like yourself, I am also looking for ways to return to the stage.  I am switching gears and going in a blues direction for an album just to see how that works for me.

I'm glad to see that TD is still active.  I still spin your solo album from time to time.  I thought you had a great unique sound.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 am

Here's hoping I finally break out that digital recorder I bought from you years ago  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Welcome back Randy.

Good to read that TD is alive.
That's right the sound of the solo album unique.

You rock Randy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks, Yvonne.  Lots of new ambient stuff to check out too at the link I posted above  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 4:53 pm

And it's some pretty Groove-y stuff Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Thank you, Sir Of the Saints!  You Rock 
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Welcome back, Trog. Good to see you. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Driven wrote:
Welcome back, Trog. Good to see you. Smile
 Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:09 pm

Do you have your albums available on CD for sale, or just digital download?  I really dig your sound though whenever possible, I much prefer to get the hard copies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:17 pm

kerrick wrote:
Do you have your albums available on CD for sale, or just digital download?  I really dig your sound though whenever possible, I much prefer to get the hard copies!

At the moment, they're only available digitally.  I have spoken with Roxx Records about putting out an anniversary edition of the debut though.  The only thing holding it up is me mixing down the bonus tracks.

After that, I hope to have CD production (and vinyl) through my own label so I can reissue the other ones as well.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Right on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troglodyte Dawn News   Troglodyte Dawn News I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troglodyte Dawn News
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next