Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

House of Heroes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:54 pm

They posted a new song/video complete with lyrics to their site today. This song is extremely original and not a band easily compared to others. Their last album was a huge hit on the market, as I'm sure this next one will be as well. You can hear/see the song/video here:

House of Heroes "God Save The Foolish Kings" lyrics video

I would just post the video in the post, but it won't let me embed a Vimeo video lol
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Why do the Vimeo videos start/stop so blessed much? Do they use different (larger) file encoding than Youtube?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:14 pm

I like these guys a lot. House of Heroes 676823
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:31 am

I dig their sound, but over all the song seems a little goofy (kind of like old Meatloaf). I should probably listen to it a few more times.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:48 am

Quote :
Why do the Vimeo videos start/stop so blessed much? Do they use
different (larger) file encoding than Youtube?

I'm not sure to be honest. I would say it has something to do with the Vimeo player itself because the file is a flash video just like youtube videos. And it's still choppy even if you let the video load before you start it. I never really did like Vimeo in the first place, but the video isn't available on youtube yet, so for now I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Staybrite wrote:
I dig their sound, but over all the song seems a little goofy (kind of like old Meatloaf). I should probably listen to it a few more times.

That's kind of been their style for a while now. On the last album they had a song called "In the Valley of the Dying Sun" that told the story of Jacob wrestling an angel but in a modern setting (a fight between two soldiers). When they wrote the song, they wrote the music first and then added in lyrics to fit the flow of the song. There was also a song called "Baby's a Red" that's about a guy that fell in love with a communist girl but loves her despite their differences. IMO, it was one of the better albums of 2008.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:28 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:

Staybrite wrote:

That's kind of been their style for a while now. On the last album they had a song called "In the Valley of the Dying Sun" that told the story of Jacob wrestling an angel but in a modern setting (a fight between two soldiers). When they wrote the song, they wrote the music first and then added in lyrics to fit the flow of the song. There was also a song called "Baby's a Red" that's about a guy that fell in love with a communist girl but loves her despite their differences. IMO, it was one of the better albums of 2008.

Ok, I don't think "goofy" was the word I really wanted to use there. Mabye more "tongue in cheek" or "playful sounding". Definately original.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:29 pm

While they do have a unique style, I just cannot get into this band. I downloaded a couple of their albums to see if I'd like them. (Yes, free ones....I admit it.) However, I did not like the projects enough to keep them and have since deleted the files from my Zune and my computer.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

House of Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: House of Heroes   House of Heroes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House of Heroes
Page 1 of 1