Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ken Tamplin.

Go down 
+3
ChosenOne
Staybrite
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 am

Now Shout is coming to the Legends Of Rock I thought it's nice to know what's your favorite Ken Tamplin project.

You liked it when Ken played in Joshua?
Or is Shout your favorite Ken project?
Or is it his solo stuff you liked the most?
Or are there other project Ken played in you like?

Now we are curious to hear about your favorite Ken Tamplin project.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:41 pm

For some reason I have never been able to get into Ken Tamplin's solo stuff. I dig the albums he did with Shout and his first Solo album. I also liked the album he did with Lanny Cordolla (Magdallen, or Madgalen or however they spelled it).

I didn't know he did any vocals for Joshua.

rockerVu2

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Jeff Fenholt did the vocals for Joshua on "Surrender".
Ken Tamplin played guitar on "Surrender".
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:16 pm

I liked Ken w/Shout more. I thought AATG was good but after that his solo albums went downhill for me. I thought his solo album when he signed to Benson Records wasn't that bad, but I must of lost the cd because it's not in the case so haven't been able to listen to it in years
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:03 pm

That Tamplin disc that you speak of is the cat's meow to me. I love most everything that Ken had done, but that one had more grit and attitude than anything else he's done.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 pm

I'll have to track it down sometime and give it another spin. I know it was probably the heaviest of his solo albums
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:10 pm

"In Your Face" is my favorite of the SHOUT releases. In terms of his solo work, I have to go with the self titled "green" album from 1994, although AATG is also very good. But "Big Bang" by MAGDALLAN has to be mentioned as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 pm

The Magdallan stuff I just didn't care for. I thought with the Tamplin/Cordolla combination it would rock ala Shout but it wasn't that good for me. I think maybe I just liked Shout way to much that I wanted him to stay in that genre but guess it wasn't meant to be.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:46 pm

The Magdallen stuff was killer, but was WAY overproduced. I remember an interview with Cordola way back in the day where he said that they knew when the project was done that they could never pull that off live. Too many instruments and vocal parts.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Tamplin, S/T by a street mile.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Fundy wrote:
Tamplin, S/T by a street mile.

Fundy

A "street mile"? Is that longer than a "road mile" but shorter than a "highway mile"?

Ken Tamplin. Icon_geek

rockerVu2

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 am

Gary, maybe it's an English mile?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:25 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Gary, maybe it's an English mile?

Or possibly even a British mile?
We know it can't be a European mile because then it would have to have been a kilometer (wich is a little shorter than a mile).
Ken Tamplin. Lol

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Ken Tamplin can nearly do no wrong for me. I can't think of a single album by him that I have not liked (even his Christmas album!). I love Shout, Magdallan, and his solo projects.

My favorite Tamplin album? Wow...that's tough. Probably Shout's "It Won't Be Long".
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Actually, he can do some wrong for me. I don't have the Christmas album. It's just not a fit with his other catalog to me. The album "We The People" that he did for Rugged Records was awful. I want to hear Ken Tamplin rock--not do R&B/Motown.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:20 pm

He's such a great singer, though. He can do just about any style and make it sound good (at least to these ears).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 am

You are right, but there are styles I don't want to hear from anyone. Ken Tamplin. Lol

He's not the only singer I just want to hear hard rock from. The latest solo project from John Schlitt where he went into the adult contemporary music never made it out of the store with me. I want to hear John belting out some bluesy hard rock in the style of Petra.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Oh man, that John Schlitt solo record was HORRENDOUS! He's got the pipes for a rock band, but when everything was stripped away and he was doing adult contemporary, his voice sounded terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ken Tamplin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin.   Ken Tamplin. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ken Tamplin.
Page 1 of 1