Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lifehouse?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23598
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Lifehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Lifehouse?   Lifehouse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 7:32 pm

Okay so what gives with this band Lifehouse?

I remember hearing about them several years ago, when I was still listening to secualr music, but I don't think I ever heard much of their music (at least not that I remember).
Well now were are compiling a list of secular (and CCM/worship) songs to learn/play for an outreach event our church is doing, and one of the tunes is a song by Lifehouse called "You & Me".

Someone insists that this is a Christian band, but for some reason I have never heard them even discussed in the same circles with any popular Christian groups.
What gives?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9971
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Lifehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifehouse?   Lifehouse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:18 pm

They were playing a Lifehouse CD at Church a while back too... I wondered the same thing.
It seems there are a lot of bands out there that have Christian band members but don't classify themselves as a "Christian band". Kind of a Kings-X thing. I thank God there's bands like that... gives the secular world a taste of the Lord while not scaring them away with blatant Christianity.
God uses all kinds of people and things to draw people to Him.
(sorry, got off on a tangent)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Lifehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifehouse?   Lifehouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:35 am

apologetixfreak wrote:

It seems there are a lot of bands out there that have Christian band members but don't classify themselves as a "Christian band". Kind of a Kings-X thing. I thank God there's bands like that... gives the secular world a taste of the Lord while not scaring them away with blatant Christianity.

So your thinking more like a U2, Kings X sort of thing. A band with Christians in it, but not a "Christian Band" so to speak.

Hmm, who else would fall in this category (we should make a list).
Maybe "Sixpence None the Richer", Big Dismal, Alice Cooper, almost everything Lance King has done etc?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9971
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Lifehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifehouse?   Lifehouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 am

Antithesis, The Glimmer Stars, Switchfoot, Acceptance, Adriangale (and other Jamie Rowe projects)

what about Liberty N' Justice ? I've never understood that band...

Impelleterri ?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3884
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Lifehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifehouse?   Lifehouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:22 am

Y'all are on the right track for the most part. U2 and KX would be the best examples I think. Lance King's stuff is probably good also.

The last 2 LNJ at least have been concept albums telling the story of someone from a Christian perpsective. Justin just gets a lot of famous secular singers as well to lay down the vox.

Impelleterri could be considered as long as Rob Rock is the lyricist. Chris doesn't write any of the lyrics.

Switchfoot is a Christian band but are in that vein like Bleach where they aren't all that bold - they sing a lot about relationships, having fun, etc in a clean manner.

As for Lifehouse, I've heard them discussed in Christian circles before but they are the "Christian(s) in a band" as you mention. You can clearly see their faith in some of their songs.

Norm would be a good one to add to this topic as he listens to a lot of "safe" bands.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Lifehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifehouse?   Lifehouse? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:44 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Norm would be a good one to add to this topic as he listens to a lot of "safe" bands.

Come on Norm, I know you're out there. Give us some other examples....

Threshold, Magnitude 9, Line of Fire ?

--

Lifehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifehouse?   Lifehouse? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lifehouse?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: