Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old bands that you are just discovering?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21856
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Old bands that you are just discovering? Empty
PostSubject: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:14 pm

I recently found out that I like quite a bit of the latter Tourniuet
catalog. Today, I am listening to MP3s of the band Detritus. I'm not
sure I like everything I hear, but some of it is not bad.

Are there any old bands that you are just now discovering/rediscovering?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm really just discovering Im a fan of REZ band (the older stuff). They really know how to make a music video too. The video they made for Love Comes Down

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Kreyson, just this week.
I had heard of them years ago, but never heard them or even saw any of their discs for sale. I'm very happy to hear that Retroactive has released a new album of their rerecorded classics.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:08 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
I'm really just discovering Im a fan of REZ band (the older stuff). They really know how to make a music video too. The video they made for Love Comes Down

I've actually heard a few people diss on that video, but I thought it was cool.

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Only recently...my daughter has been listening to some female singer called Miss Angie. I kind of like it. It's not hard rock, but more pop rock/grunge. The vocals are pretty awesome. Miss Angie only put out two releases that I know of and the last one was in 1999 called Triumphantine.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:17 pm

Nope. I have all of the CDs mentioned above (except for the Tourniquet I traded to alldat). Keep going, I would love some new old stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 pm

Dreams wrote:
Only recently...my daughter has been listening to some female singer called Miss Angie. I kind of like it. It's not hard rock, but more pop rock/grunge. The vocals are pretty awesome. Miss Angie only put out two releases that I know of and the last one was in 1999 called Triumphantine.

Miss Angie! I remember listening to her, think I still have both albums somewhere.

been listening to a bit of Liaison lately myself.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:17 am

nazpastor wrote:
Nope. I have all of the CDs mentioned above (except for the Tourniquet I traded to alldat). Keep going, I would love some new old stuff.

Ok, here's one for you Nazpastor. How about Mind Garage? I discovered them when I was looking for a good band to cover for my final project in my History of Rock and Roll class. They were from Morgantown, West Virginia and were technically the first rock band to fuse rock 'n Roll with a Christian message (yes, even before Larry Norman, although Larry Norman was the first to be noticed on a national level) back in 1967 and take it into churches. They even played an actual mass in a Catholic church with Communion. Although, they only had one album on vinyl called "Electric Liturgy" (which was what they played for the mass). It was later released by the singer of the band on CD format. It's psychadellic rock which isn't my style, but it's an interesting listen if you're just wanting to learn more about the history of Christian rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Garage
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:31 am

Although I am quite familiar with Xalt, last night I had to crank up "HIstory" while I was driving in my truck.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:52 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
nazpastor wrote:

Ok, here's one for you Nazpastor. How about Mind Garage? I discovered them when I was looking for a good band to cover for my final project in my History of Rock and Roll class. They were from Morgantown, West Virginia and were technically the first rock band to fuse rock 'n Roll with a Christian message (yes, even before Larry Norman, although Larry Norman was the first to be noticed on a national level) back in 1967 and take it into churches. They even played an actual mass in a Catholic church with Communion. Although, they only had one album on vinyl called "Electric Liturgy" (which was what they played for the mass). It was later released by the singer of the band on CD format. It's psychadellic rock which isn't my style, but it's an interesting listen if you're just wanting to learn more about the history of Christian rock.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Garage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Garage[/quote[/url]]

Now that is a new one for me. And I love this kind of music. I went through a spell over the past year where I was really loving All Saved Freak Band, Fraction, The Exkursions, etc. I will have to track down Mind Garage. I hope I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Christian Bands Id have to say None

but Secular ones Id have to say The Doors
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockcityonline.net

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:08 am

Miss Angie played here, opening for Guardian. Good band, very energetic show.

My clearest memory of them was they were late getting on stage because they were trying to enter the venue by a side door which was locked. I was sent around to lead them in through the back door. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Here is another post I just discovered..

Saint and Barnabas are bands I am just now exploring further..
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 pm

I just discovered that this old 80's band Disciple has an mp3 album availible at Amazon. I first heard about them from Guilty/Forgiven some time ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Knights-Bonus-Tracks/dp/B0078VC0LQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3TB5QOWXMUN6B&coliid=I2ECX1MKS1HMSJ

BTW it's cool you are digging up these old threads BT, keep it up!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:17 pm

I will have to get those downloads. That just sounds great from the Amazon samples.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Saint and Barnabas are bands I am just now exploring further..

Two of my all time favorites!

That "Disciple" album sounds cool as well.

An album I just got about a month ago was Armageddon - The Money Mask. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Dreams wrote:

actually she just released a new album not too long ago for free download (don't know if its still free)

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/t4069-miss-angie-new-album

not quite the same style as her older stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old bands that you are just discovering?   Old bands that you are just discovering? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old bands that you are just discovering?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: