Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Mastedon Cd

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
Fundy
alldatndensum
dale434445
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Mastadon has a new cd coming out, later this year. There is a good article on Melodicrock.com
http://www.melodicrock.com/
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23471
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Yet another one to add to the want list! Awesome!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:47 pm

It'll be hard pressed to beat the other two, but those soundclips on dino's myspace do sound very very solid.

Favorite tracks from the previous 2.......

"It’s A Jungle Out There"
"Right Hand"
"Holiest One"
"It Is Done"

(strangely enough those are the first and last tracks of both albums!)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:19 pm

I expect this is actually the solo album Jon has been working on. The last article I had read indicated that it was going to be released as a Mastedon album in Europe but as a John Elephante solo album in the U.S. Sounds like maybe they just decided to call it a Mastedon album world wide.

From the sound samples on John's site, I would sound it sounds like it will be a pretty good album.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:53 am

This is awesome news.
I can't believe it.
A new Mastedon CD.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Mastedon   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:51 am

OK, not to be a Negative Ned, but I wouldn't expect this to happen by the fall of this year. John, in reference to his first solo disc, said it took him years to get it where he would release it because he wanted it perfect. It might happen, but if John has much influene with the lable, it could take a while to get an album of the quality that John wants put out. This is a bittersweet thing: It takes longer to get an Elefante release, but when it happens, it is stellar sound.

Whenever this one comes out, I want to get it though. I just don't expect it this fall.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm

nazpastor wrote:

Whenever this one comes out, I want to get it though. I just don't expect it this fall.

That wouldn't suprise me. But maybe he waited to release any info about the album until he was nearly finished. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Admin
alldatndensum

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Let's hope you are right, Staybrite.

But, until that releases, you can always feast on the new Lou Gramm Band CD that is out now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:57 pm

That's an other great CD.

I really hope the third Mastedon will be released.
Always loved this band.
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm

From what I know, the cd is basically done. He was just shopping labels. It is the same cd, though I am not sure if they decided to go with Mastedon everywhere or just in Europe.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:05 am

www.myspace.com/johnelefante

Check out some samples of the new stuff.
Does this rock or not?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 am

Just as I'm speechless standing before a Matisse, a Rafael, or a Cezanne, I am unable to express words for the beauty of the new Mastedon album. I have been a fan since the "Jungle" album, and have praised our Creator for their talent being used to glorify Him and not themselves.
Needless to say, I am greatly looking forward to this long overdue release.
God WILL use it for His glory.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 pm

I've been having a Mastedon musical marathon in my CD player

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I expect this is actually the solo album Jon has been working on. The last article I had read indicated that it was going to be released as a Mastedon album in Europe but as a John Elephante solo album in the U.S. Sounds like maybe they just decided to call it a Mastedon album world wide.

From the sound samples on John's site, I would sound it sounds like it will be a pretty good album.

I read today that in the US they are going to release it as John Elephante's Mastedon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:22 am

dale434445 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I read today that in the US they are going to release it as John Elephante's Mastedon.

Ah, I thought so. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Either way the teaser sounds great so I don't really care what he names it, just as long as I get a copy.
Thumbs Up

Admin
alldatndensum

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:38 am

Quote :

They need to keep the Mastedon name on it as John's rock fans know this name. They know that a John Elefante disc is a mellower sound--very adult contemporary stuff.

But, people in the metal world are more accustomed to the band MastOdon which has nothing to do with John. There could be confusion with the Mastedon and Mastodon names. Making it "John Elefante's Mastedon" could work.

It might be best, however, just to come up with a new band name.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

It might be best, however, just to come up with a new band name.

Hmmmm that might not be a bad idea, how about "Return of Pakaderm"?

ROTFL

New Mastedon Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mastedon Cd   New Mastedon Cd I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mastedon Cd
Page 1 of 1