Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Storyside:B returns!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Storyside:B returns! Empty
PostSubject: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:18 am

Tuesday, Storyside:B released their latest CD "We Are Not Alone". Storyside:B mixes pop vocals, acoustic based pop and heavy guitars in their music to make up a rock band that is radio ready.

Having loved their debut "Everything & More", I had to get the new one. To be honest, I didn't like it very much to start with. It seemed like they had lost some of the rock edge. But, Storyside:B isn't a hard rock band per se. They are songwriters who use a lot of elements to reach a larger radio audience. They aren't as heavy as Kutless or Disciple, but they do rock out more than Casting Crowns. They are somewhere in between those.

With a couple of subsequent listens, though, the new disc has grown on me quick. I love their vocal harmonies, and the songs show a new level of maturity that the band needed. OK, they do depend on the acoustic guitars a bit more, but it's seems to fit where they are going for now.

Their first single should definitely be the song "Tell Me What You Think of God". It's just a song to get people talking about what they believe so that people who have misconceptions about Jesus Christ can share in a conversation and hopefully learn who He is. I think it would be a great song to release on secular stations because it isn't preachy--yet the point can be clearly seen.

That's one of the things I like about Storyside:B. They can right songs that clearly point to Christ without being too blunt. No, they aren't afraid of using the "J-word", but they are not using a "Jesus Counter" to make sure that they say it enough in every song. They write so that non-Christians can hear and believe, but the church can also be encouraged. This band, to me, is one that could easily exist in both the Christian and secular market because they have not forsaken the message or the songwriting.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:07 am

Time to check out what my thoughts are of "We Are Not Alone"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 2:49 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
No, they aren't afraid of using the "J-word", but they are not using a "Jesus Counter" to make sure that they say it enough in every song.

LOL, a "Jesus Counter" where do you get one of those? I bet if you pledge a large enough "love gift" to TBN they will send you one.

Hmmm, I just might have to check these guys out too.

--

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 3:16 pm

My CD is ordered.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Now I wonder what TNB means?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 3:19 pm

TBN is a Christian cable station in the USA that features a lot of TV preachers and such. While they are watched by many Christians world wide, there are several of us who think that the network is largely a 3 ring circus wearing the name of Christ.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 2:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
While they are watched by many Christians world wide, there are several of us who think that the network is largely a 3 ring circus wearing the name of Christ.

Count me as one of the several who think it is a three ring circus.

There is actually some decent stuff on that channel, but there is a lot of garbage as well (which is really sad).

--

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:32 am

I wonder when I can listen to the new Storyside:B CD.
It seems the mailman is not in a hurry to deliver this CD to me.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 4:53 pm

Maybe your mailman has gone on vacation--with your CD!!!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:05 pm

I think the mailman is on vacation, but has forgotten to deliver me the new Storyside:B
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 7:31 am

Ruth - Secondhand Dreaming
Half Past Forever - Take A Chance On Something Beautiful

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 2:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Ruth - Secondhand Dreaming
Half Past Forever - Take A Chance On Something Beautiful

Umm I think you put this in the wrong spot.
Did you maybe mean to put it in the "New Additions" sticky thread?

geek

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:29 pm

That was my thought too staybrite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storyside:B returns!   Storyside:B returns! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storyside:B returns!
Page 1 of 1