Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) Empty
PostSubject: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Playlist for 7/13/08:
Six Feet Deep - Homeless
Eden - Show Me
Tourniquet - Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
Eowyn - To My Surprise
Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There
Psycoma - Footsteps
Seventh Power - Heavy Laden
We As Human - Dead Man
Mission of One - Surrender
Ilia - Portrait of a Lying Heart
Blood Bawt - Push the Limit
I Am Alpha and Omega - Commiting Murder In Your Sunday Best
Letter 7 - Follow the Light
Torman Maxt - Job's Resolve
Three In One - Sacrificial Love
Green Sleeves - Danger Zone
Illuminandi - Hymn of All Creation
Rob Rock - Savior's Call
New American Standard - As the City Sleeps
Virginia Creeper - Deny Yourself
Ultimatum - Game Over
Parable 51 - The Passion
Starchild - Rising Star
Seventh Avenue - New Era

Battery issue again caused me to miss about a minute at 30:50.

I'm trying a different provider for the download to avoid all the nasty advertising Megaupload has. Click on the Free User button. Let me know how this works for you.
http://rapidshare.com/files/129525624/20080713.mp3.html

WARNING: NO SHOW JULY 20!

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 am

Looks like an interesting show with a good variety of styles. Thanks for playing MO1!

You played the band Ilia. Do they have a full length CD out yet?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:00 am

I was going to download the show, but it is gonna take 14 minutes even with AT&T's premium DSL. Too bad you can't set it up just to stream it with different players.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:48 am

14 minutes isn't too bad for a 44 MB file. When they're giving you tons of storage for free you don't complain. I imagine it's no slower than Megaupload was, but I never tested it. Maybe SB or Vonnie will tell me otherwise.

Ilia is working on a full length.

I still wish you would have had someone master MO1. While the music is great, it paled between those 2 songs. It's my fault for playing it there I guess, but I don't generally care about what style or sound quality (within reason) I play. I pride myself in never knowing what I'll play next.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 am

You mean you wish I had had someone ELSE master the CD. I used software on the computer (what a lot of mastering houses are going to these days), adjusted the EQ, used a ton of compression, added surround sound effects, removed electronic buzzes, removed the hiss from the beginning/end of tracks, and boosted/normalized the volumes for each track. Essentially, what I did is called "mastering".

But, I'm not worried about not sounding like Ilia or We As Human. Those are totally different styles of rock. Put me between say Titanic and Stonefuze, and it will flow a lot better soundwise IMO.

I realize there is still some weakness in my recording that needs fixing. But, I think that this weakness is more on the recording end--not the mastering.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:34 am

I'm not talking style wise but sound wise. The songs on either side were fuller and louder even though I have foobar set to make every song play at the same perceived loudness. That is part of mastering to me. Of course, some producers master way too hot.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:59 pm

Cool to see there was a show yesterday night.
I will download this show too.
Great to see a lot of different styles in this show.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:53 am

It took 13 minutes to download the show.
That's not bad isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23443
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 am

I'm downloading it right now, and it looks like about 13 to 14 minutes as well.
I think Megaupload might have been a tad faster (may 10 minutes or so). But it is worth it to me to avoid the unsavory advertising on Megaupload. I don't really care to meet any single "dancers" in my area.
Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:56 pm

That is the main reason I'm moving away from Megaupload, SB. I didn't like all the junk, and I'm sure nobody else did either.

Maybe next time I'll try zshare if I remember. I think they delete after 90 days though.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23443
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)   Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:15 pm

Hey cool set, some really good stuff on this weeks show.
I need to go listen to my Psycoma album again, I forgot how good it was.

Rocksalt playlist 7/13 (download available)
Page 1 of 1