Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fires of Babylon

Go down 
+6
kethdredd
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
dale434445
Staybrite
Dynamis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

The Fires of Babylon CD arrived this afternoon (from NEH), the new project featuring Rob Rock.

Musically, I might describe it as straightforward heavy metal: if you like any of Rob's prior or current work - including Impellitteri, his solo albums, Warrior or Driver - then I can see you getting into FOB.

Lyrically, this might be his boldest and most forthright work to date. Just check out the lyrics to "When The Kingdom Comes":

When the Kingdom comes, the dead in Christ shall rise
We'll hear the trumpet call; we'll meet Him in the sky
When the Kingdom comes, the whole world will see
Like a flash before our eyes, immortality

What I find interesting is that Rob is not the only Christian in the group. In the albums liner notes guitarist Lou St. Paul thanks "my Lord and savior Jesus Christ".
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:47 pm

I posted a section of those very same lyrics a few weeks ago. Very impressive.

Let us know when you get a review up.

Quote :
What I find interesting is that Rob is not the only Christian in the group. In the albums liner notes guitarist Lou St. Paul thanks "my Lord and savior Jesus Christ".

If I remember correctly, Tall Tyron posted quite some time back that Lou St. Paul was a fairly new believer, and that he was working on putting a Christian metal album together.

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the cd.
I just placed my order. I didn't even listen to the samples.
You cant go wrong with any cd that Rob is on.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:31 pm

I'll try to get it ordered this weekend.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:24 pm

Quote :
Let us know when you get a review up.

Uh, it might be a while.

This evening I finally finished the first rough draft of a review of the new Seventh Avenue (all 15 songs of it!).

This weekend the main project will be putting together a review of the new Jacobs Dream (which is only 77 minutes!).

By that time I hope to be ready to begin a review of Fires of Babylon.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:38 pm

I finally put an order in for this. The End Records has this for $16.99. For those of us in the USA, you can select free Media Mail shipping. So, the CD was a buck cheaper here that at NEH, and I had no shipping costs. I like it.

You can also preorder the new Seventh Power there as well.

WARNING: This website carries a lot more secular and non-Christian titles than Christian. If you shop here, you must know in advance what you are looking for.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:42 pm

At least one site where you can preorder Seventh Power.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:54 pm

With Bill posting that bulletin where you could hear the whole project, I wouldn't think that it will be much longer before the Seventh Power is released. As a matter of fact, you can already buy the MP3s. The CD will not be far behind.

Back to top Go down

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:

If I remember correctly, Tall Tyron posted quite some time back that Lou St. Paul was a fairly new believer, and that he was working on putting a Christian metal album together.

Yep, I did an interview with Lou a few years back where he talked about his faith in Christ. We actually became friends through that interview. Although Winter's Bane remains a secular project, he had planned to do an instrumental album with scriptural references and liner notes that discussed his faith.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 3:00 pm

What amazed me is that both Fires Of Babylon and Seventh Power are available to order and to preorder at a site where you can buy lots of secular music.
I really expected that both albums should be available or to preorder at one of the Christian sites.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 3:15 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Yep, I did an interview with Lou a few years back where he talked about his faith in Christ. We actually became friends through that interview. Although Winter's Bane remains a secular project, he had planned to do an instrumental album with scriptural references and liner notes that discussed his faith.

Cool, my brain does still kind of work.
I remember the interview you posted here (and at Trog's "Cave" if I remember correctly).

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:03 pm

That's correct.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:16 am

I got my copy of this yesterday. Four days it all it took from the time I put in my order to the time I received it--and that was with the free Media Mail shipping! As far as distros go, The End Records is cool.

I have only listened once to this. But, I can say it is definitely Rob's most evangelical lyrics yet. This is almost up there with the lyrical content of early Disciple with its bold, in your face approach. Funny though......Rob can sing about Jesus and it doesn't sound preachy. Disciple was accused of being too preachy. Weird, huh?

I would also call this Rob's heaviest work. This is almost a thrash CD. But, because the song length is averaging around 4-5 minutes, you won't get bored. Also, Rob knows how to write a BIG hook, and that really draws you in to the songs.

I did not really have this on my radar for 2008, but it has sneaked in and will definitely rank somewhere in the top 10.....or maybe top 5. X-Sinner and Stryper have some BIG competition this year!

Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm a big fan of Rob's solo work, i just can't find any hooks in the songs that I've been able to sample...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:05 am

All what Rob Rock released is good.
He doesn't is able to make bad things.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:58 am

bump

How come I am only hearing about this band NOW? How did I miss this? I found them simply by mistake while listening to Ultimatum on Spotify. One of their songs popped up and instantly had my attention so I googled them but found little information. I think they are no longer a band? Either way, I'm gonna look around for some more sound samples or check it out on iTunes. The one song I heard was excellent.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 10:22 am

See.  If you tune in to Untombed Radio, you would have heard them already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 4:56 pm

I wouldn't say "I hate this album", but it has to be one of my least Favorite Rob Rock projects.  
I don't think it was ever supposed to be a "band".  I got the impression that it was Lou St Paul (guitarist of Winter's Bane) wanting to do a "Christian metal album" and he got Rob Rock to collaborate with him on this project.

Admin
alldatndensum

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 6:07 am

I enjoy it from time to time still as I do all of Rob's work.  I wouldn't mind another from these guys.

I am excited, though, that Impelletteri is working on a new album.  I just wish that Rob would do another solo record.  It has been quiet around his camp for some time.  Let's hope that this means he is doing a ton of writing.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 am

It's a very long time ago Rob Rock released a CD.
I've always liked his solo stuff.

Have read Rob Rock was touring in Korea.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Fires of Babylon was a great album....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 9:25 am

I didn't get into this band at all. It was not nearly melodic enough for my taste. Pure American power metal = boring to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fires of Babylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fires of Babylon   Fires of Babylon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fires of Babylon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: