Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation" Empty
PostSubject: Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"   Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Quote :
NEWS SOURCE: Provident Label Group
March 27, 2008
(Nashville, Tenn.) March 27, 2008 – When Third Day’s newest project kicks off with vocalist Mac Powell declaring “I’m the son of a good man/I’m the child of an angel,” you don’t get the sense the statement is necessarily autobiographical. It’s personal yet universal; a reflection of man’s never-ending search for his identity.

That thread of searching for definition plays throughout Revelation, the veteran Atlanta-based band’s 11th studio album, set to release on July 29. For Powell and his longtime bandmates – guitarist Mark Lee, bassist Tai Anderson and drummer David Carr – that search involved stepping out of their physical comfort zone by recording the project in Los Angeles, and out of their creative comfort zone by bringing in producer Howard Benson, known for his work with artists such as Daughtry, P.O.D., Flyleaf and Hoobastank.
The result is a muscular sound, strung taut with hooks and hat-tips to its Southern-rock influences, but also a real, palpable vulnerability in both song matter and performance.

“As we mature in our faith, we come to a point where we realize that everything is not black and white. The older you get, the more questions you have,” Powell says. “The point is that it’s okay that we don’t have all the answers - but we know the One who does.”
Just as this season of definition for Third Day involved bringing Benson into the fold, other artists step into to the creative mix as well, such as Chris Daughtry on the track “Slow Down,” Flyleaf’s Lacey Mosely on “Run To You” and “Born Again” and pedal steel guitar wizard Robert Randolph on “Otherside.”

But it’s the core of Third Day that pushed them to this bigger, more polished and yet edgier musical stance, with lyrics designed to relate to a broad swath of the human and Christian experience. “So many Christians have a story of being lost, experiencing Christ and then their lives are all better. But for the ones who were brought up in Christian homes or who have been Christians for most of their lives, are they supposed to have it all together?” Anderson asks. “These songs are for people who are walking through something, right now. They add a tension that can only be found in our daily experience.”
T
he 13-song album’s first single, the aching love song “Call My Name,” releases to Christian radio on April 4, and sets the stage for the album’s release on July 29, followed by a summer of festival appearances and an ambitious fall tour schedule together with Switchfoot and Robert Randolph & The Family Band.

About Third Day:
Over the past decade, Third Day has racked up 24 No. 1 radio singles and sold more than six million albums, with RIAA certifications including one Platinum record, one Platinum DVD, and six Gold records. The band has garnered 23 career Dove Awards, three GRAMMY Awards (with eight career nominations), two consecutive American Music Award nods, multiple ASCAP honors, and has developed a historic partnership with Chevrolet. Third Day has maintained a touring record second-to-none by playing for audiences reaching into the millions. In addition to these many accolades, the band is most proud of its humanitarian efforts that include raising nearly $300,000 for the victims of hurricanes Katrina and Rita and charities such as the Blood:Water Mission. The band is responsible for encouraging more than 15,000 fans to sponsor children across the globe through the work of World Vision. For more information on Third Day, please visit: www.ThirdDay.com.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"   Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 pm

Quote :

(Just as this season of definition for Third Day involved bringing Benson into the fold, other artists step into to the creative mix as well, such as Chris Daughtry on the track “Slow Down,” Flyleaf’s Lacey Mosely on “Run To You” and “Born Again” and pedal steel guitar wizard Robert Randolph on “Otherside.”

Hmm this kind of scares me. I hope they aren't doing the "older band trying to be hip and young" thing.
Guess we will have to wait and see.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"   Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 8:36 am

The Daughtry influences could be cool on a track. Take a look at Third Day's last CD. While it did still have some southern flair to it, it was more modern sounding. In some ways, it didn't really sound like them. If you hadn't had Mac Powell's signature vocals, it could have been a much younger band. So, putting some modern touches on their stuff, while striving to revive their southern roots, could be an excellent experiment.

Third Day has used a steel guitar player before. Go back and listen "You Know I'll Always Love You" from Time. This doesn't scare me at all. It just shows that they are falling on a formula that they know works to draw attention to their music. Add some southern flair, and your old fans stay with you while you experiment with other things.

Adding Lacey Mosely from Flyleaf is an interesting move. Oh, I doubt you'll hear anything that heavy from Third Day. But her voice could make for an interesting duet with Mac if she stays away from her screamo voice (not like she uses it all the time anyway).

Overall, it probably IS a move to be more hip, but as long as they continue to rock, people will still take notice. Look at Petra.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"   Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Are Daughtry and Lacey appearing on the album or did they just co-write some songs. I think it is pretty cool if both are actually on the album. Especially with Daughtry considering his fame in the mainstream market and writing with mainstream acts. I belive he thanked Third Day on his album. This could be a cool album
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"   Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:23 am

I'm betting that they are on the CD. Third Day is one of the few Christian rock acts with enough clout to pull in almost anyone they would want to work with. With Daughtery and Flyleaf both having most of their impact on secular radio, this could be another attempt by Third Day to cross over into the mainstream but still hold on to their message. Flyleaf has proven that it can be done, and it doesn't always have to be completely hidden. Knowing that there are a lot of "anal" fans who have to have everyone their favorite singers or musicians play on, Third Day also knows that having Chris & Lacey on the disc can fuel sales.

But, with it being Third Day, I'll probably love it, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"   Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third Day opens hearts, minds on "Revelation"
Page 1 of 1