Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fireflight - Unbreakable

Go down 
+5
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
Staybrite
nazpastor
alldatndensum
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Fireflight - Unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 am

For those of you who like the sound of Evanescence (and other bands in the same genre), you should really check out Fireflight. On their new CD, the music is a bit more haunting, and they are clearly reaching for the same feel as you would get with Evanescence. Lead singer Dawn Richardson uses a more "breathy" style this time around to give each song almost a lonely, longing feeling which works great with the lyrics this time. Every song, while not being preachy, clearly illustrates either your or the band's need & longing for a Savior.

As much as I loved the first CD of theirs on Flicker Records, I think I'm gonna love this even more!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 am

I started to post about this band last night. I ran across the new disc on ebay and wondered about them. There are some videos by the band, which are actually just the songs with a picture of the band on the screen, and they sound like some good songs. I will have to look into getting this in the near future.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Good news! Christianity Today is giving them pathetic reviews. Usually, if they hate it, then I love it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 3:57 pm

I really liked their last album too. It would be cool for them to go a little darker (or even more aggressive) with the new album (as hinted by the new single "Unbreakable").
Either way I'm all over it like white on rice.

BTW That is one big candle she's holding on that new album cover, just kinda looks out of scale to me.

http://www.myspace.com/fireflight

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:04 pm

They did go a little darker, but not more aggressive. But, if you liked their last disc, then this one will not disappoint.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Time to listen how Fireflight sounds.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:03 pm

I spent half of my lunch hour looking for the new Fireflight cd, to no avail. Walmart, Best Buy & Christian Family Bookstore all didn't have it yet.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Really? OK, I can see Wal-Mart not carrying this due to it not being a very popular band just yet. I think that is going to change more for them this time around. But, with it being on Flicker Records, I would think that almost all Christian bookstores would have this. You just never really know, huh?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:10 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Really? OK, I can see Wal-Mart not carrying this due to it not being a very popular band just yet. .....

Yup, I could see that too, but I was pretty sure I got their first disc at Walmart (or maybe that was Flyleaf's album). Well you know what they say about getting old.

It doesn't surprise me that the local Christian book store doesn't have it. They always seem to get the new releases a week late (and then charge $3 more for them than anyone else).

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:32 pm

How lucky you all are to buy your favorite bands in a Christian bookstore.
What they sell here in Christian bookstores is Praise & Worship, a lot of CCM
But no Christian hard rock.
I can buy bands as Third Day, Hillsong Music, Paul Baloche etc.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:03 pm

A lot of smaller bookstores here are the same way, Yvonne. But, both Family Christian Stores and Lifeway Christian Stores both have really good selections. If I can't find something at either store chain, then I go online.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Thats wierd because as I've mentioned before the Family Christian Store in my area sometimes carries the album BEFORE it comes out. I've noticed this with some of the smaller bands like the time I got the latest Manic Drive a few weeks before the release date. Like ALLdat has said, I don't know how they don't get in trouble.

We also have another Christian store that use to carry a lot of like the M8 stuff from years ago. I also wen in thier about 2 years ago and got Petra "This Means War". They use to carry a lot of the stuff I can't get at Family Christian Stores. I was surprised thou a few weeks back I was in another FCS and low and behold they had Bride "Skin for Skin". I guess retroactive has a distribution deal with infinity which is good with some of the more promising stuff they have coming out
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:44 am

Only in the cities they have bigger Christian bookstores with a wide selection.
I never come in the cities so I first order online.
One of the first CDs I ordered from a Dutch distro took six weeks to find my mailbox.
They ordered the CD in the USA first and send it to me.
Well I can order CDs in the USA too and never have to wait 6 weeks.
I would love to find a cool Christian book store where I can find all the CDs I like to buy.
CD shopping is still cool.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:43 pm

We don't seem to get a look of the harder rockin stuff here in most of the Christian Book stores unless it sells well nationaly. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that our state (Washington) is one of the most "unchurched" states in the country. Not a lot of bible believing Christians out here, so the market for Christian music is not as big as say Georgia or Tennessee.

We have only one Christian radio station (FM) and they uses a top 20 format (if it ain't stale you wont hear it there), and tend to market themselves more as "family friendly" then as boldly Christian (eventhough all the music is from CCM artists). We have one Christian talk radio program on AM that has one of the worst transmitters in the state. I can't seem to pick it up much of anywhere.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:11 pm

In the Nashville area, there are four FM stations. WAY-FM plays some rock and pop, The Fish plays more straightforward CCM stuff (and advertises as "safe for the whole family"), and WNAZ plays a mix of Christian rock, rap, and hip hop. The fourth stations, Solid Gospel, plays nothing but southern gospel.

So, since there is no shortage of Christian music on the airwaves around Nashville, I suppose it would make sense for the stores to stock a lot more of it.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:17 pm

Staybrite, there may be a lack of christian rock in the state of Washington but in my opinion,one of the best unsigned indy christian rock bands are now from Washington. They just located there and I think they are amazing. Check em out. They are called OverKast

http://www.myspace.com/overkastmusic
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:32 pm

There is really no "Christian" bookstore within about 2 hr drive of where I live. There are a couple of mom & pop family run stores with the latest hot Southern Gospel or CCM, but not much more than that. I almost always just order the discs I want.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:48 am

For CDs that are sold in Christian bookstores, who do you all order from? Christianbook.com? Musichristian.com?

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:11 am

I like this. It sounds like Guardian's Bottle Rocket.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:15 am

We have one national Christian broadcast corperation.
They have programs on TV and have radio programs.
We don't have a Christian broadcast corpration with an own TV or radio station.
The radio programs play harder christian music.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:44 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
Staybrite, there may be a lack of christian rock in the state of Washington but in my opinion,one of the best unsigned indy christian rock bands are now from Washington. They just located there and I think they are amazing. Check em out. They are called OverKast

http://www.myspace.com/overkastmusic

Hey not bad, (hadn't heard of them before). We do have few other cool christian bands out here, but not nearly as many as in the South or Midwest.
Souldeep is another local favorite. (check the link)

Souldeep @ Myspace

And Bloodgood is supposed to be a local band, but I am pretty sure they don't all live here. (they don't seem to play shows here at all). Michael is the Pastor at a church about 10 miles NE of Seattle.

Most of the other local Christian Bands (and there might be 5 of them) play lighter rock/pop music.

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:55 am

I think the new Fireflight is pretty strong. Lyrics went back to being a bit bolder as well. Not quite as bold as the EP.

I like OverKast as well. Have played them several times.

You should also check out We As Human from WA. They remind me of Seven System a bit so there's some nu influence.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:46 pm

I remeber checking out "We As Human" when someone (probably you) posted about them a little while back. A little to Nu-metal sounding for my tastes, but I am very picky when it comes to the modern style bands.

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks for this thread! This sounds pretty good. I will buy this disc when I see it in a store. My local Wal-Mart actually carried their last one. So did Best Buy. I didn't buy that one but this new one sounds a little better to my ears.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:41 am

I grabbed a copy of this last night and have spun it twice now. Pretty solid modern rock disc. A few songs get a little too happy/poppy/punkish or something. Overall it's quite good for this genre though. The songs are well structured and catchy. My only complaint is that it's too short. The disc is less than 35 minutes total. Just feels a little thin. Maybe if a few songs were a little longer and it had 12 tracks or something. Overall a great listen though!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireflight - Unbreakable
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next