Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2023-08-18

Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album Empty
PostSubject: Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album   Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 8:14 am

I hate acoustic music, but I bought this just to be a completist. Man, was I wrong about all the negativity I had about this. This album was fantastic..from opening track to the last. Every song was enjoyable and sounded great.

Maybe because they had the full band involved? Maybe Robert's drumming made it work? 

I don't know. I just know that it really did shock me at how much I loved it.

I bought the BluRay/CD combo from the band direct (that people are hawking for over $200 on eBay right now, greedy greedy greedy). They announced they did contract with a label to give it an official release.

I HIGHLY recommend checking it out.

https://stryper.com/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album   Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 10:58 am

AtomicFan wrote:
I hate acoustic music, but I bought this just to be a completist. Man, was I wrong about all the negativity I had about this. This album was fantastic..from opening track to the last. Every song was enjoyable and sounded great.

Maybe because they had the full band involved? Maybe Robert's drumming made it work? 

I don't know. I just know that it really did shock me at how much I loved it.

I bought the BluRay/CD combo from the band direct (that people are hawking for over $200 on eBay right now, greedy greedy greedy). They announced they did contract with a label to give it an official release.

I HIGHLY recommend checking it out.

https://stryper.com/

Oh yeah!  I dig acoustic rock myself (assuming it is recorded/performed well).  I just wanted to check it out before buying (and I'm really hoping to buy a legal MP3 or WAV download instead of a blu-ray and CD combo).

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album   Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

I missed the boat on this one  Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album 1f601 . Busy buying other releases

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album   Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I missed the boat on this one  Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album 1f601 . Busy buying other releases

It's going to get another release soon Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album   Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2024 7:57 am

I don't think I would enjoy this as it is a novelty record much like Petra's "Double Take".  I will sit this one out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album   Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2024 9:21 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't think I would enjoy this as it is a novelty record much like Petra's "Double Take".  I will sit this one out.

Obviously, to each his own

But Petra's DoubleTake, in my opinion, was hardly a "novelty" record. The acoustic sets were rearrangements of the original songs, plus I believe there were two new songs. They even had a guest vocalist.

As for Stryper, their Second Coming album was also completely enjoyable, I would consider the acoustic release to be of the same category of something like the Second Coming. Simply new takes on their music. Which I personally am okay with. I also enjoyed their covers album they did, which has actually grown on me a lot over the last couple years.

I should add that Stryper is actually touring in support of this album

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album   Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper "Acousticyzed" I was sooooo wrong about this album
Page 1 of 1