Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark Empty
PostSubject: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 5:41 pm

This is only a bit of light relief (scratching an itch), but I've made a preview of the songs I'm doing.  Here's the YouTube link.  9 of the 12 songs are previewed.  It's been great fun doing the songs, and whilst they'll never become a real album, I've enjoyed every minute!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 2:24 pm

I checked that out last night on Tooyube while I was outside.  Sounds really good (just missing a few song samples... probably not recorded yet I'm assuming).

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 4:24 pm

Yes, the other 3 will be done later this year.  Smile

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 3:04 pm

So it sounds like several of these songs are recorded by the same Artist.
How many different musicians are represented on this compilation of Fundy hits?

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 5:52 pm

All the same guy.  I've used 3 other artists a number of years ago, but the current one I like a lot, so I'm using him for all the songs on this 'album'.
The 3 final songs will also be done by him, but not until the end of the year.  Smile

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 2:21 pm

Very cool!  You are like the Jim Stienman to his Meatloaf! (sorry that reference might be a little too old for you... doesn't that make you feel young?)

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 3:21 pm

Why would you not release this as an album seeing they are being done by the same guy?  Perhaps you should speak to him and see about doing this as a full release even if you just do digital.  You could easily do that through CD Baby or DistroKid and get this on all the digital platforms.  You could also do a release yourself on BandCamp.  What could it hurt?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 2:44 am

The songs aren't really good enough for an official album release.  It's just been an absolute blast doing them, but I couldn't really charge folk for buying an album.

The process went a bit like this (so far, at least).  I write the lyrics, and then keep tweaking them over a period of weeks/months/years.  When I'm really happy with them, I send them off to Tom, and give him some basic musical direction.  So, I tell him I'd like layered vocals on the chorus, I'd like it folk/rock or whatever, and I'd like some different musical element at certain points (on Here Comes Death I asked for a clock ticking at the start).  He then spends up to 2 weeks creating the tune, and then records it for me.  I then listen to it, and if I'm not happy I can ask for one alteration.  (I have only asked him to do that on one song, Spitalfields, where he pronounced Spitalfields wrong, and then missed out half a line).  Everything he's done for me I love, although if we were together in a band I know we'd be tweaking thing alot more, and making the sound bigger (maybe knocking the vocals back in the mix too).

For me, what he does for the cost is incredible, but I could never charge people for it.  I'd happily give the album away for free, but I don't know if you can do that on CD Baby or Distrokid.  Failing that, if there's any tracks that people like, I can send them an email with the tracks attached.

My favourite tracks I've done so far are Come Warm You Heart (which I did a few years ago).  Kind of got a soft spot for that track, although it needs a few tweaks here and there.  And I also love Spitalfields as I thought that came out really well.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 2:50 am

Staybrite wrote:
Very cool!  You are like the Jim Stienman to his Meatloaf! (sorry that reference might be a little too old for you... doesn't that make you feel young?)
Love Jim's stuff.  He was soooo good at writing songs.  In fact, oddly enough he was one of the reasons I love rock/metal so much.  I remember hearing Dead Ringer For Love with Meat Loaf and Cher, and being absolutely amazed by the song.  The vocals, song and lyrics really made a competely incredible song.  So I bought the album, then started to buy all the other Meat Loaf's albums.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Fundy wrote:
The songs aren't really good enough for an official album release.  It's just been an absolute blast doing them, but I couldn't really charge folk for buying an album.

The process went a bit like this (so far, at least).  I write the lyrics, and then keep tweaking them over a period of weeks/months/years.  When I'm really happy with them, I send them off to Tom, and give him some basic musical direction.  So, I tell him I'd like layered vocals on the chorus, I'd like it folk/rock or whatever, and I'd like some different musical element at certain points (on Here Comes Death I asked for a clock ticking at the start).  He then spends up to 2 weeks creating the tune, and then records it for me.  I then listen to it, and if I'm not happy I can ask for one alteration.  (I have only asked him to do that on one song, Spitalfields, where he pronounced Spitalfields wrong, and then missed out half a line).  Everything he's done for me I love, although if we were together in a band I know we'd be tweaking thing alot more, and making the sound bigger (maybe knocking the vocals back in the mix too).

For me, what he does for the cost is incredible, but I could never charge people for it.  I'd happily give the album away for free, but I don't know if you can do that on CD Baby or Distrokid.  Failing that, if there's any tracks that people like, I can send them an email with the tracks attached.

My favourite tracks I've done so far are Come Warm You Heart (which I did a few years ago).  Kind of got a soft spot for that track, although it needs a few tweaks here and there.  And I also love Spitalfields as I thought that came out really well.

I would still put it out there even if you do decide to let people take it for free.  Unless you have the ability to tour, that's what us indie artists are doing for the most part, anyway.  By the time we recoup costs of having artwork done, paying for studio time, the time we take to try to promote the album, etc.  we won't earn a lot of that back as people don't buy music anymore.  They stream, but it is incredibly difficult to get an indie release added to playlists of established acts.  So, we are practically giving our art away.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:45 pm

I think it's good enough for an album release. I'd totally buy it

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 2:08 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Fundy wrote:

I would still put it out there even if you do decide to let people take it for free.  Unless you have the ability to tour, that's what us indie artists are doing for the most part, anyway.  By the time we recoup costs of having artwork done, paying for studio time, the time we take to try to promote the album, etc.  we won't earn a lot of that back as people don't buy music anymore.  They stream, but it is incredibly difficult to get an indie release added to playlists of established acts.  So, we are practically giving our art away.

Are bandcamp, CD Baby or Distrokid free to use, or are there costs involved?  If it's free, I don't mind sticking the songs on there and then letting people download the songs for free.  I've got the CD cover and inlay done (although it's in word or a pdf).  I definitely don't want people to pay for them.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 2:10 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I think it's good enough for an album release. I'd totally buy it

Cheers, Guilty/Forgiven.  Thank you for the nice comment  Smile

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 3:10 pm

Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Love Jim's stuff.  He was soooo good at writing songs.  In fact, oddly enough he was one of the reasons I love rock/metal so much.  I remember hearing Dead Ringer For Love with Meat Loaf and Cher, and being absolutely amazed by the song.  The vocals, song and lyrics really made a competely incredible song.  So I bought the album, then started to buy all the other Meat Loaf's albums.

Cool, I'm glad you were old enough to catch the reference!

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 3:33 pm

Currently creating a bandcamp page, and thinking about putting out a 3 song EP with the first 3 songs I did with Tom, then do the 12 song album at the end of the year.  Just asking Tom if that's okay (as he did most of the work for the songs)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 4:13 pm

https://bite7777777.bandcamp.com/album/bought-in-to-eternity-ep

Here's the bandcamp link.  Let me know if it works okay or not.
Smile

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 12:58 pm

Link worked perfectly, thanks for the great tunes!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 2:57 pm

Downloading now!

To be honest, with no more copies than I actually sell, I wonder if just recording and giving away my music would be more beneficial to getting the word out.  People don't value music as they once did and expect it for free anyway.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 2:22 am

I couldn't sell my stuff as it feels rather disingenuous.  I spend time writing and tweaking the lyrics, but there's not a lot of effort for me, other than that, and paying for Tom to turn it in to a song.  With you, you craft your songs over a longer time, so getting some money back for your endeavour is a good thing.

Maybe you could give the albums away for free, but also suggest a $10 contribution.  That way at least some people will part with their cash, but maybe the songs will spread out more as they're free too.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 3:21 am

Alldat, the laborer is worthy of his wages. I like Fundy's idea.

alldatndensum, Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 3:28 pm

Here's my final update for probably 8 months or so...

I've added a new track to the album 'This Is War' which has the same feel as 'Pick up The Bones' by Alice Cooper, and I've put it on the end of the album, as I wanted the album to finish with a rock song (tracks 11 and 12 are ballads/worship songs)

01 – These Words (0:56) 1 Thessalonians 4 v 16 – 18 - really just an intro to track 2
02 – Rise (3:10) 1 Thessalonians 4 v 16 – 18
03 – This Dragon’s Rage (4:20) Revelation 12
04 – Black Tomb (3:17) Revelation 6
05 – A Dash Between Two Dates (3:56) Psalm 103 v 14 - 16
06 – Here Comes Death (3:16)  Hebrews 9 v 27
07 – Spitalfields (3:36) Psalm 82 v 3; James 1 v 27
08 – Wretched (Beyond the Brink) ( : ) 1 Timothy 2 v 3 - 4  (STILL TO BE RECORDED)
09 – Outcast ( : ) 1 Corinthians 1:20 - 21 (STILL TO BE RECORDED)
10 – I Am The Curse (3:26) Genesis 3
11 – The Shepherds On The Hill (3:05) Luke 2 v 8 - 16
12 – In the Darkness (4:19) John 3 v 16
13 – This Is War (5:12) John 16 v 33; 1 Peter 4 v 8 - 10

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark   Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bite - Songs Of Light In A World Of Dark
Page 1 of 1