Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are you decorated for Christmas?

Go down 
+6
deathisgain
Staybrite
rockerVu2
MikeInFla
Xid
alldatndensum
10 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Are you decorated for Christmas? Empty
PostSubject: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 12:02 pm

I have all of my outside decorations up that I am going to use this year.  We don't have our tree up yet, but I did bring it up from the building yesterday.  I still have the door wreath to hang as well.  

We still use a 22 year old fiber optic tree that is only 3 feet tall due to having cats.  That tree is almost an antique and has outlived the sweet baby we originally got it because of.  Callie has been gone for 4 years and she lived to be 18 1/2.  We got this little tree back in 2001 and it still looks good and still lights up!  I guess all cheaply made Chinese crap isn't all bad!  LOL

With as rambunctious as Albus and Belle are (especially Belle), we continue to use this little tree that lights up itself and has little star ornaments made onto it.  I don't see getting another as long as this one works and looks nice.  I have higher standards for the tree than my wife has for me!  I stopped looking nice a long time ago, yet she hasn't replaced me!   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 12:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have higher standards for the tree than my wife has for me!  I stopped looking nice a long time ago, yet she hasn't replaced me!  

Funny!

We haven't gotten ours up yet.  We've talked about doing it since the beginning of the month but just haven't made the time yet.  We keep it simple, too.  A few lights around the poles on the porch and a tree.  We did watch "While You Were Sleeping" last night which is one of our all time favorite Christmas movies.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 12:55 pm

None outside but 6 trees up in the house, 4 of them full size!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 12:56 pm

Xid wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I have higher standards for the tree than my wife has for me!  I stopped looking nice a long time ago, yet she hasn't replaced me!  

Funny!

We haven't gotten ours up yet.  We've talked about doing it since the beginning of the month but just haven't made the time yet.  We keep it simple, too.  A few lights around the poles on the porch and a tree.  We did watch "While You Were Sleeping" last night which is one of our all time favorite Christmas movies.
Almost watched that last night too! We love that movie but decided to watch The Family Man.

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 7:46 am

I don't have the mood to decorate for Christmas this year.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 11:11 am

MikeInFla wrote:

Wow!  That's a lot!  I truly don't have the room for those, and I definitely don't have the time to decorate that many!  You guys really love the Christmas decor!

rockerVu2 wrote:

I don't think that's a problem.  You have to have time to grieve, and that can take up to two years for most people.  If you don't feel like it, then that is what you should do.  You will know when, if ever, to decorate again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite, rockerVu2 and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 3:17 pm

Most of our decorating is done.  Just need to finish some of the outdoor lights in the back yard.  Of course my wife does pretty much all of it.  I just get the boxes down for her and put them back as she empties the decorations out of them.

I thought the wife was a little crazy for making me buy her a second "pencil" tree (really skinny artificial tree)... but now that I hear Mike has six of them I'm guessing I got off easy!

Are you decorated for Christmas? 1f332  Are you decorated for Christmas? 1f332  Are you decorated for Christmas? 1f332  Are you decorated for Christmas? 1f332  Are you decorated for Christmas? 1f332  Are you decorated for Christmas? 1f332

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 3:18 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

It sounds like you need to have your children and grandchildren over for a decorating party.  Maybe they can help you get in the mood!

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 7:33 pm

Nothing so far. Usually I get lights up on the bushes outside in mid November and then the weekend of Thanksgiving we decorate the house. But this year I got set back with a cold, a tooth pulling and then Covid. Finally feeling better. Hoping to this weekend.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 10:03 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Shocked

Everyone gets their own to decorate?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 6:29 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Nothing so far. Usually I get lights up on the bushes outside in mid November and then the weekend of Thanksgiving we decorate the house. But this year I got set back with a cold, a tooth pulling and then Covid. Finally feeling better. Hoping to this weekend.

Is that your first time with the Rona-bug?
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 7:04 pm

The topshot rhit wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Shocked

Everyone gets their own to decorate?
All I do is assemble them. Wife and two daughters decorate them. You’d be surprised how many Christmas decorations you have after 30 years! We have most of our decorations. There’s a few that have disappeared over time but we have boxes and boxes of them enough to cover all the of trees.

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 8:37 pm

The only decoration in which we partake is our Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  It even plays the CB theme.

Staybrite, Fundy and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 7:42 pm

Normaniac wrote:
The only decoration in which we partake is our Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  It even plays the CB theme.
Make that 7 trees! We have that one too and I forgot all about it until I saw it earlier today!

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 9:49 pm

Quote :
but decided to watch The Family Man
Absolutely love that movie, watch it every year!

Quote :
Of course my wife does pretty much all of it
Mine too. I've got the nutcrackers out, all 100 of them + the 6 footers. But she does the rest

Quote :
Make that 7 trees!
We usually have 5 trees each year, but this year we're scaling back due to a new dog in our house. She's still a pup and would demolish all those trees.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 9:54 pm

New pup ("Bun-E" pronounced Bunny) and (some) Nutcrackers
Are you decorated for Christmas? 20231210
Are you decorated for Christmas? 20231211

alldatndensum, topshot rhit, rockerVu2, MikeInFla, kerrick and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 2:32 pm

Such a cute little pupper!  I hope she is fitting in well with the rest of the family.  For a split-second I thought that electrical wire behind her head was the cords to some ear-buds in her ear holes!  Shocked 
lol!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 3:04 pm

Quote :
For a split-second I thought that electrical wire behind her head was the cords to some ear-buds in her ear holes!  Shocked 
LOL! Nope, that's the cord to my laptop. Although when i do play music, she is forced to listen and far as i know, she likes metal

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 1:30 am

Our small nativity and a little group of nutcrackers are up, but our trees and lights will go up this weekend coming.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 6:34 pm

We put up the tree and got the lights on this past weekend.  We may put ornaments on it this week.  The jury is still out on that one.  We are going to put lights around the front porch posts.

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2023 5:50 am

Have fun to raise this puppy to a brave dog.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you decorated for Christmas?   Are you decorated for Christmas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you decorated for Christmas?
Page 1 of 1