Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) Empty
PostSubject: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2023 2:31 pm

Who else got Albus Mendacium yet?  What are your thoughts?  I'm not usually a big thrash guy but I'm definitely digging it!

https://ritualservant.bandcamp.com/album/albus-mendacium

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2023 5:44 pm

I am not usually a fan of most thrash, but this is well done.  They somewhat remind me of what Megadeth and Metal Church would sound like if they had a love child who later was saved.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 10:48 pm

This album smokes. A lot of the Slayer-ish riffs that the last album had, but perhaps a bit more variety on this one. Could easily be an AotY contender.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 3:00 am

I hear Slayer, Sacrament, and a bit of Maiden in this outstanding release!

kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 6:53 pm

I bought the download of this to try it.  Ummm, it's a hard pass.  I should continue to stay away from thrash.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 7:00 pm

I love it, but I still find it curious how some non-thrash fans make an exception for these guys. It’s great thrash, but that’s what it is—thrash. And it’s not particularly melodic thrash. It’s just really good thrash, so if someone doesnt like thrash, I’m surprised they’d like this.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 1:37 pm

Pethead, you lookin' at me?   Razz

As someone who doesn't generally care for thrash AND who likes Ritual Servant... I'll give you my two cents!  I usually find thrash to be pretty boring and one-dimensional, BUT sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered.  RS is some of the only thrash I own (besides Tonka and Seventh Angel - the latter I basically never listen to anymore due to the band's apostasy...).  I've opted to buy Ritual Servant's CDs over many others mostly due to their strong biblical lyrics.  Like you said, there are many thrash bands out there but very few that I'm aware of with lyrics like RS.  I do have some personal connection too which I'm sure plays a part: my interactions with Mr. Best have always been incredibly positive and someone I feel good supporting.  I've been able to help them by geting their page on the Metal Archives added and updated as well.
Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 1:44 pm

You said a lot of things there, but all I see is a cry for help that can only be solved by listening to more thrash.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 1:51 pm

lol!

I'm perfectly content with me and my foreign-language-doooooom, thank you very much!  Razz
Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2023 6:23 am

On a serious note, have you ever heard Sacrament? Their lyrics are often lifted straight from Scripture, and they’re still walking with the Lord, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2023 11:19 am

I gave them a quick listen a long time ago but haven't given them a full chance.  Where would you recommend me starting with them?  Did they turn more groove oriented or was that Testimony Of The Apocalypse?  Groove metal is even less my cup 'o tea than thrash haha.
Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2023 11:43 am

Both their first two are great and not as groove-based. I’d recommend Haunts of Violence because the vocals are a bit more legible on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)   Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)
Page 1 of 1