Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Omega release from Roxx

Go down 
+3
deathisgain
Staybrite
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Omega release from Roxx Empty
PostSubject: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 11:09 am

Did anyone else order this?  I bought the two disc version and find the quality to be very low when it comes to sound quality.  I don't mind lower quality if we're just swapping MP3s, but a lot of this I wouldn't listen to more than once.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 2:43 pm

I did not purchase it... I was not really terribly impressed with the songs that Roxx posted on Youtube.
I was very afraid it would be poor demo quality stuff like that first Latter Reign release they did last year.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 3:03 pm

Yeah, both of these mentioned albums were not wonderful.  The sound sources for both were low quality to begin with and going to CD or MP3 will just highlight that.  I am thankful that Roxx is trying to preserve Christian metal history, but at what cost?  When people buy your releases and then can't or won't listen to them due to the sound quality, you actually erode your good name a little each time.  Fortunately, Roxx is releasing a lot of top-notch projects that helps smooth over the occasional snafu of picking and releasing something that sounds second, and possibly, third rate.

With Latter Reign, a complete re-recording would take those songs and make them so much better.  Their second album is quite enjoyable!  I know they are working on new music, too.  I hope they go back and fix that first album as it sounds atrocious.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Guilty/Forgiven and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 3:49 pm

For me, this is just scraping the bottom of the barrel. It just seems like labels are trying to find anything to fill the void of old metal. Most of these type albums are from bands that were, at best, local favorites, but not ready for a big label in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a garage full of these gathering dust.

alldatndensum, Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2023 12:13 pm

deathisgain wrote:
For me, this is just scraping the bottom of the barrel. It just seems like labels are trying to find anything to fill the void of old metal. Most of these type albums are from bands that were, at best, local favorites, but not ready for a big label in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a garage full of these gathering dust.

It serves a purpose in gauging interest if the guys from the band want to start recording again.  Other than that, it was an expensive coaster set.  I am glad that I didn't get the three disc set.

I am looking forward to the Swingle & Thompson and Affector albums coming later this week from Roxx, though.  They do really good work with new releases.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am looking forward to the Swingle & Thompson and Affector albums coming later this week from Roxx, though.  They do really good work with new releases.

What?!?  This is news to me!  Where did you see this?  Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2023 2:56 pm

deathisgain wrote:

And since the label has done this at least twice now (as far as I'm concerned) I hesitate to jump at preordering much of anything from them that I'm unfamiliar with.  I want to wait until I can hear two or three songs before committing to getting anything unknown.

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 pm

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

And since the label has done this at least twice now (as far as I'm concerned) I hesitate to jump at preordering much of anything from them that I'm unfamiliar with.  I want to wait until I can hear two or three songs before committing to getting anything unknown.

The red flag for me was that the recordings came from demos and I believe a sound board recording. Nothing of substance.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 2:50 pm

kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Man, I bought Harmagedon based on the acclaim it got and thought it was super boring. Do not understand why people rave about it. 

Now Trinity and Omegashift are fantastic. (Gotta keep on Kerrick’s good side).

Staybrite and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 5:33 pm

LOL.  Admittedly I rarely listen to Affector but when I'm in the proggy mood, it scratches that itch quite well IMO.  Smile  Did you hear the single they released after Harmagedon?  It's super catchy and I actually like it more than anything on the full-length.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 8:14 am

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

The red flag for me was that the recordings came from demos and I believe a sound board recording. Nothing of substance.

I don't mind demo albums if they have something listenable and then master it properly.  I have a few classics in my coolection that I would not have any other way if not for this process.  Were all of them big budget pro studio demos?  By no means!  But, we still have some releases that are decent listens from time to time chronicling Christian metal history and giving us something to actually edify the metal loving body of Christ. 

What I take issue with is when the label uses sound sources that are extremely substandard and releases them to CD.  We already had Retrospect Records doing this and the sound quality on some of those was atrocious.  Just because you slap a 12 page color booklet on it doesn't mean its a quality release.  This will be something that will eventually tarnish some of these specialty labels as people will trust them less and less when they get subsequent albums of poor quality.  For me, this is strike two with Roxx as they gave us the first Latter Reign album and now this.

Like Staybrite, I will be paying more attention to this type of release.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 8:16 am

kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Sorry--I got in a hurry and typed the wrong name.  It should have been DEFECTOR.

I am not excited about this as it is just the first Millennial Reign album repackaged under a new name and remastered.  I didn't realize this at the time or I would not have preordered it.

kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:17 am

^Oh gotcha, ha I thought you knew something I didn't!

That is... a very odd thing to do: re-release an album under a different name like that!  It's only remastered?  I'd be curious to know how that all came to be.
Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2023 11:51 pm

Oh my...I didn't even know about this release until seeing this thread, but after listening to some of the samples I feel safe in saying that this is probably the worst release I have heard from Roxx.

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 6:40 am

Yeah I haven’t ordered anything in over a year. There just isn’t anything left that interest me… Perhaps a reissue of Scarlett Red or Messiah Prophet would perk my ears up!

Staybrite, Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 12:32 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Yeah I haven’t ordered anything in over a year. There just isn’t anything left that interest me… Perhaps a reissue of Scarlett Red or Messiah Prophet would perk my ears up!

Not even new releases, or were you referring to only reissues?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omega release from Roxx   Omega release from Roxx I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omega release from Roxx
Page 1 of 1