Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence Empty
PostSubject: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 2:11 pm

Really digging this last minute Christmas release from Warpriest.
I wasn't familiar with the "cherubic hymn" so I also listened to a few renditions from other artists.
A few of them are from choirs accompanied by organ and some were solo singers set to piano or guitar (I included one of the choir arrangements after the Warpriest version).

Here is one of the better choir versions (at least IMO)

Fundy, kerrick and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 2:52 pm

Awwww yeah! Free download on Bandcamp too:
https://warpriest.bandcamp.com/track/let-all-mortal-flesh-keep-silence

Staybrite and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 10:24 pm

My favorite is Fernando Ortega's version.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 11:05 am

deathisgain wrote:
My favorite is Fernando Ortega's version.

I did hear that one yesterday as well.  There are some pretty decent modern reeditions of the song, but I'm kind of partial to the Warpriest version.  Thumbs Up

kerrick and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 2:26 pm

I've listened to this song a few times now and am really digging the depth and variety this song brings to the table. It's epic indeed! I wanna hear more like this on Warpriest Album #3!

Staybrite and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 6:58 pm

kerrick wrote:
I've listened to this song a few times now and am really digging the depth and variety this song brings to the table.  It's epic indeed!  I wanna hear more like this on Warpriest Album #3!

Whoa! Pump the brakes there junior. I don't do requests. Razz Thanks. This song has gone through a few different iterations over the years as I tried to get something I liked. Even this year it started out different than what you hear now. Was even clocking in at 9 minutes.

Staybrite and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 8:15 pm

So you're saying I'd be out of line for suggesting Warpriest Album #3's title as "Kerrick The Strong And Handsome's Journey Of Epic Awesomeness"? Each song could be about the myriad ways I'm really cool. Quite shockingly no other band has done this yet; you might want to get on that before someone else does! Razz

topshot rhit and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 10:36 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2022 10:46 am

kerrick wrote:
So you're saying I'd be out of line for suggesting Warpriest Album #3's title as "Kerrick The Strong And Handsome's Journey Of Epic Awesomeness"?  Each song could be about the myriad ways I'm really cool.  Quite shockingly no other band has done this yet; you might want to get on that before someone else does!  Razz

Thanks for that (not)  Fight
I just threw up all over my keyboard. No

lol!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2022 12:07 pm

lol!

You should know by now that any post of mine should come with an automatic "probable spam - read at your own risk" warning.   Laughing
Spam

topshot rhit and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence   Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warpriest - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: