Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe Empty
PostSubject: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2022 1:51 pm

It seems that Jamie Rowe is working on a hard-rock album and has a kickstarter campaign going.
I kinda dig the song he has already recorded, but it certainly isn't knocking my socks off in excitement or anything like that.

I might skip this campaign out and possibly pick up the digital download later after he has more songs to sample.
But I certainly thought some of you might be interested in at least hearing this.

Here is the link to the Kickstarter campaign if you are interested.

KalamityKillsKickstarter

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2022 9:40 pm

I really like the song.  However, to get a CD, you have to pledge $25 and that doesn't handle the shipping.  I want to help, but not that badly.  I will wait until the album is out and pick it up then.

Besides, I still remember the last campaign that he was involved in that I backed.  It took over two years and I couldn't stand what the band did.  I am not sure I want to go there again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2022 12:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I really like the song.  However, to get a CD, you have to pledge $25 and that doesn't handle the shipping.  I want to help, but not that badly.  I will wait until the album is out and pick it up then.

Besides, I still remember the last campaign that he was involved in that I backed.  It took over two years and I couldn't stand what the band did.  I am not sure I want to go there again.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about throwing in that much for a cd (and would probably just get MP3 files anyway since I have little space left for cds....but even the MP3 album was $15... which is about $5 more than I'm used to).
Are you talking about the Guardian album that took so long to get, or Jamie's last solo album?
Two years for a kickstarter seems pretty quick compared to Rose's current project...how long has it been now 20 years?  
lol!

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2022 10:04 pm

I was referring to the Guardian record.

Randy Rose is almost at three full years with no end in site despite him saying that he's close.  Maybe before year four is complete we will actually get the CD.

I don't think I will back any more Rose releases.  Three years for two projects in a row is ridiculous.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 11:02 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I was referring to the Guardian record.

Randy Rose is almost at three full years with no end in site despite him saying that he's close.  Maybe before year four is complete we will actually get the CD.

I don't think I will back any more Rose releases.  Three years for two projects in a row is ridiculous.

Hopefully it was obvious that I was joking about the 20 years, but yeah I agree.  I won't be backing anymore projects from RR.  I'd buy another record, but I won't commit funds for something in hopes of maybe getting a cd in 3 or 4 (or maybe 5) years.  
I had an odd thought about that campaign.  Since it has take so long for him to make that record what if one or more of his backers died suddenly? (I mean we are all getting older here... even Fundy and Kerrick aren't spring chickens anymore).  How would you send a cd or t-shirt to a backer that didn't respond to kickstarter e-mails because they had passed away?
scratch

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 12:27 pm

Not completely sold on the music, but Jamie sounds great. I’ll check it out when it drops, but I’m not interested in funding it.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 5:20 pm

I backed it.  For me it's not about spending $30 on a CD.  It's about helping somebody reach a goal.  And I get a CD in the process.

Staybrite and DANet like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe   Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kalamity Kills - Jamie Rowe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: