Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
nazpastor
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer Empty
PostSubject: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:26 am

Quote :
2008 Summer/Spring schedule:

• 7TH POWER - Dominion And Power (all drums by Robert Sweet)
  • BARNABAS - Approaching Light Speed
  • BARNABAS - Feel The Fire
  • BARNABAS - Little Foxes
  • DANIEL BAND - On Rock +2
  • FINAL AXE - Beyond Hell's Gates (All drums by Robert Sweet)
  • HIS WITNESS - Kingdom Come (Produced by Elefante Bros)
  • MENCHEN - Red Rock (feat. Robert Sweet & Tony Franklin)
  • REZ BAND - Colours (Digipak)
  • TITANIC - Maiden Voyage (All drums by Robert Sweet)
  • TITANIC - Screaming In Silence (All drums by Robert Sweet)

Let's see.....I'll definitely be picking up:

Menchen - Red Rock
7th Power - Dominion & Power
His Witness - Kingdom Come

I'll also see if I can find clips closer to the release time of:

Final Axe - Beyond Hell's Gates
Titanic - Maiden Voyage
Titanic - Screaming In Silence

I have those three already, but I might consider getting the new one if changing the drummer (Robert Sweet is doing them all) really makes a difference to the overall sound. On the Final Axe Cd, that was the one thing I felt held that album back.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:27 pm

I understand the separate releases of Feel the Fire and Little Foxes,
since their original double album reissue was so bad, but I wonder why
are they reissuing Approaching Light Speed again? scratch
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:35 pm

I think that the demand for some of these titles is still there, and the original reissues are OOP now as well. So, you do another reissue of just the titles that the demand is for, and you sell out of these quickly too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:44 pm

Makes sense.

I may pick up those reissues and sell the double disc. Hopefully they got a decent recording this time. No
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:32 pm

I don't see how a "decent recording" is possible since they are probably going to be working from pretty much the same masters. Face it, most of the music of that era can only be tweaked so far and it is not every going to be up to today's standards. If they can leave the skips out and messed up sections it will be an improvement on them though the sound quality will still be lacking.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:07 pm

Quote :

His Witness - Kingdom Come

That sounds very interesting.
The Seventh Power and Menchen releases might be interesting too.

I am not very interested in the re-released albums of Titanic.
I am content with those I have.

Is there more news about "His Witness - Kingdom come and the Menchen and Seventh Power albums?
Are it new albums or re-released albums?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:20 pm

The Menchen and Seventh Power CDs are new releases.

His Witness is a remastered project. It was originally mixed by the Elefante Bros. and is being remaster by Bill Menchen. I would think that he probably played in the band, but I don't really know much about it. I know that it is supposed to be similar in style to Whitecross and Guardian.

Quote :
I don't see how a "decent recording" is possible since they are probably going to be working from pretty much the same masters. Face it, most of the music of that era can only be tweaked so far and it is not every going to be up to today's standards. If they can leave the skips out and messed up sections it will be an improvement on them though the sound quality will still be lacking.

The only way to really improve on it much is to go back to the original recordings from the studio, remix those through a lot of today's preamps, effects, etc. and then master them from the new mixes. Otherwise, you're just boosting quiet spots and taking out some of the hiss from analog recordings.

When I saw that they were redoing the Barnabas discs, I immediately thought of TT and the skips. I knew that those grated on your nerves, Nick. I hope, for the sake of Barnabas' fans, that they can fix that problem.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I understand the separate releases of Feel the Fire and Little Foxes,
since their original double album reissue was so bad, but I wonder why
are they reissuing Approaching Light Speed again? scratch

I have the double disc, and didn't think the recording was bad. Of course I never heard the original. I will definately be picking up "Approaching Light Speed" because I can't even find a copy of the last reissue.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 pm

From that list I will definately be picking up these titles.

7TH POWER - Dominion And Power
BARNABAS - Approaching Light Speed
HIS WITNESS - Kingdom Come (Produced by Elefante Bros)
REZ BAND - Colours (Digipak)

I also might pick up the Daniel Band disc (not sure yet). And I will get the Bill Menchen disc only if it has vocals. If it's going to be an instrumental album I'm just not interested.

If you have never heard His Witness I actually have a copy of one their songs on one of the Retroactive/Heavens Metal sampler discs. Not to shabby if I remember correctly.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:47 pm

E-mail me that track, if you don't mind. I did a search on MySpace for His Witness, and I only found some sort of techno band.

According to the MySpace page for Menchen, I think this is going to be a full band release. Here's the lineup of who's playing:

Ken Redding-Vocals
Bill Menchen-Guitar
Tony Franklin-Bass
Robert Sweet-Drums

Back to top Go down
exact33

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 pm

anyone know what the +2 are on the Daniel Band re-re-release? I think after On rock is issued again it will mark the second re-release for the first 3 of their catalog...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 1:02 am

alldatndensum wrote:

According to the MySpace page for Menchen, I think this is going to be a full band release. Here's the lineup of who's playing:

Ken Redding-Vocals
Bill Menchen-Guitar
Tony Franklin-Bass
Robert Sweet-Drums

Can't say that I've ever heard of the singer, but Tony Franklin has done some fantastic bass work with several secular bands over the last few decades (The Firm, Blue Murder and several others).

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:10 am

All interesting stuff.

I'll be picking up the Seventh Power album, and posssibly the Menchen album, depending on how it sounds.

I'll say one thing though, Bill certainly keeps busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:43 am

Staybrite I am very interested in the a song of His Witness.
Let me try to find more information about His Witness.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:34 pm

I don't have any of this stuff, so, I am looking forward to them.

I really like the sound of Menchen.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:31 pm

After hearing the one His Witness track, I will DEFINITELY be picking this up! This is classic style hair metal at it's best!

Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:47 pm

So, if I don't own any of these...I should wait, even if some of them are available now?????
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:53 am

I can't wait to listen to a sample of His Witness.
Staybrite would you be so kind to e-mail me the His Witness track too Question
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:13 am

LateFortheParty wrote:
So, if I don't own any of these...I should wait, even if some of them are available now?????

I would say wait. Some of the other releases of these titles were not very good quality. Or, maybe you would find someone who wants to sell their early release version cheap so they can pick up these re-releases. Either way, they are all good albums.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:19 am

[quote="alldatndensum"]
Quote :
2008 Summer/Spring schedule:

• 7TH POWER - Dominion And Power (all drums by Robert Sweet)
  • BARNABAS - Approaching Light Speed
  • BARNABAS - Feel The Fire
  • BARNABAS - Little Foxes
  • DANIEL BAND - On Rock +2
  • FINAL AXE - Beyond Hell's Gates (All drums by Robert Sweet)
  • HIS WITNESS - Kingdom Come (Produced by Elefante Bros)
  • MENCHEN - Red Rock (feat. Robert Sweet & Tony Franklin)
  • REZ BAND - Colours (Digipak)
  • TITANIC - Maiden Voyage (All drums by Robert Sweet)
  • TITANIC - Screaming In Silence (All drums by Robert Sweet)

I will probably try to pick up:
7th Power
His Witness
Menchen

I have the earlier releases of the others, including both earlier versions of Titanic "Maiden Voyage"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 pm

avdb11 wrote:
I can't wait to listen to a sample of His Witness.
Staybrite would you be so kind to e-mail me the His Witness track too Question

Just sent it!

Anyone else who wants to hear this track just p.m. me with your e-mail addy.

Late4 wrote:

I agree with Naz, you should wait, or try to score someone's original copy on the cheap.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:56 pm

His Witness sounds very cool.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:30 pm

Yes, sounds very good Gary. Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Thanks, Gary. When His Witness comes out, I'll be all over it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

The only way to really improve on it much is to go back to the original recordings from the studio, remix those through a lot of today's preamps, effects, etc. and then master them from the new mixes. Otherwise, you're just boosting quiet spots and taking out some of the hiss from analog recordings.

I really don't think there was much of anything wrong with the original albums. They all sound great to me.

Quote :

When I saw that they were redoing the Barnabas discs, I immediately thought of TT and the skips. I knew that those grated on your nerves, Nick. I hope, for the sake of Barnabas' fans, that they can fix that problem.

Yep. As long as the record is complete, I'll be happy. But I'm going to wait for some feedback before rushing to purchase them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer   Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Release Schedule for Spring/Summer
Page 1 of 1