Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Xid
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 12:18 pm

In the special ed. department at my school, we have always been known for a lot of drama.  This year, it seems to have reached a whole new pinnacle.  There are only three men in the whole department including myself.  But, it is the women who keep wanting to stir crap up.

It seems like every teacher, and even the female aides, want to try to lord some authority over all the other classrooms and boss everyone else around.  Most spend so much time trying to do this that they aren't doing their own jobs well.  We have one aid and the teacher she was to be working with no longer working together.  We have another teacher trying to get rid of one of her aides despite the fact that she is always in everyone else's rooms butting in and trying to usurp authority.  The 2nd aide in my classroom has just turned in her two week notice and is leaving due to disagreements with my teacher.  We are already short handed and have been told that there are NO applicants for aide jobs, so hiring someone isn't happening.

While our students are needy and overly clingy, I can handle them.  The drama needs to stop as it is draining the fun out of my job and is slowly sucking the life out of me.  Everyone needs to refocus on their own classrooms and remember that we are there for the kids' educational needs.  If we don't put that first, we are just going to break what was literally the best special needs department in the county.  We have kids that are moving to our state and county and want to be in our particular school, but the drama is going to kill that vibe.  It needs to stop; but as a lowly aide, I don't have any control over this.

The administration is aware, and HR is even getting involved in some of this.  However, with teacher shortages all over the country, I don't look for anyone to get fired even if they cross professional lines.  If they do, there isn't a pool of available teachers dying to get into our line of work.  So, if they fired one of our SPED teachers or aides, they would end up having to reassign students to the remaining classrooms and increasing the workload until we can't do anything well.  We have reached a point that if everyone can't get along, this department will quite literally implode and ruin what we once had.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 10:59 pm

That's such a drag.  Sorry you're in the middle of it.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Oh man, I can't stand work place drama like that.  One or two bad seeds can ruin the entire work environment for everyone else.  Makes me just want to slap people sometimes.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 5:12 pm

I just needed a safe place to vent.  Thanks for allowing me to do so without judgment, friends!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 6:44 pm

So what changed? It didn't get to be a top-notch program acting like that though you do so say it's known for drama. scratch Someone higher up apparently no longer cares or they would be intervening to right the ship.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 7:42 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
So what changed? It didn't get to be a top-notch program acting like that though you do so say it's known for drama.  scratch  Someone higher up apparently no longer cares or they would be intervening to right the ship.

While there has always been drama surrounding one particular teacher who wants to boss everyone around if she could, we had some changes in staffing last year after several years of no changes.  The new teacher and her aide don't get along, and that has devolved into both of them trying to garner support for their side while not really doing their jobs at all.  HR is starting to get involved in this, but with a teacher shortage everywhere, I don't see them doing much.  Do you want a bad teacher or aide or no one doing the job?

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 4:24 am

To have drama at work is not good.
Sorry you are in the middle of this drama.

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 10:17 pm

Some people just thrive on drama... there's at least one at every job
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 6:55 am

Aw man, that stinks.  I know it is different when you work as part of a team like that, but workplace drama is one reason I just stay in my room, do my job, and go home at the end of the day.  Choir has enough drama of its own to deal with.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 7:36 am

I hope th8ings at school can improve.
Or is that not possible.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!   I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I AM SO TIRED OF DRAMA AT WORK!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: