Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Voice of Glass - Hours EP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Voice of Glass - Hours EP Empty
PostSubject: Voice of Glass - Hours EP   Voice of Glass - Hours EP I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 3:12 pm

Some here might remember he female fronted gothic-tinged rock/metal band Voice of Glass, several of you may not.
The do not release music with any real consistency.  They had a EP back in 2007 and a full-length album in 2011 (with and 85% rating at Angelic Warlord).
Well they have a 3 song EP that recently released (at least digitally) here in 2022.  These latest batch of songs come off as almost an acoustic "atmospheric" offering to me (complete with string arrangements), maybe modern classical....I'm just not sure how to describe it.  It's almost as if they took gothic/power-metal songs and performed them acoustically.  They have youtube vids for all three songs on the EP so you can check them all out here if you want.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Voice of Glass - Hours EP   Voice of Glass - Hours EP I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 5:21 pm

Wow. This is a blast from the past. I'm not sure I even knew they had eventually released a full-length. Shocked

I was literally thinking what happened to them last week since they had played at my church long ago and pastor gave David his remote kit for guitar.

Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Voice of Glass - Hours EP   Voice of Glass - Hours EP I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 2:48 am

Wow. The lead vox is reminiscent of Annie Lennox.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Voice of Glass - Hours EP   Voice of Glass - Hours EP I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 10:41 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Wow. This is a blast from the past. I'm not sure I even knew they had eventually released a full-length.  Shocked

I was literally thinking what happened to them last week since they had played at my church long ago and pastor gave David his remote kit for guitar.

I was expecting you to be the only one who remembered them.  I think I only heard about them from you in the first place.  They had one single that was independently released (maybe for "Song of Songs" if I'm remembering correctly), I think way back in 2006.  You probably played them on your show, which may be where I heard them first.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Voice of Glass - Hours EP   Voice of Glass - Hours EP I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 10:45 am

Normaniac wrote:
Wow.  The lead vox is reminiscent of Annie Lennox.

She does seem to have a lot of Annie Lennox in her voice (I can totally hear it).  What's interesting is that their earlier music was much more "metal" sounding (at least compared to the current
 EP).   I think the first song they released was this one (Song of Songs)...at least that's the first one I heard.

PostSubject: Re: Voice of Glass - Hours EP   Voice of Glass - Hours EP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice of Glass - Hours EP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: