Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I ordered a new truck

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

So I ordered a new truck Empty
PostSubject: So I ordered a new truck   So I ordered a new truck I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 4:10 pm

My 2000 Ford Ranger, while dependable, is on its last legs. About a month ago the door latch on the driver's side broke so I have to go in from the passenger side. What a pain. It also has other numerous issues but it is 22 years old 

I have been eyeing online the new 4 door Ford Maverick. They are a bit smaller than the new Ranger but are the best price of any new vehicle for sale now. They come with a 2.5 hybrid engine or a 2.0 Ecoboost.

I decided to bite and ordered online selecting only the options I want. Then I emailed the link to the local Ford dealer. A lady instantly emailed back and said the hybrid engine version is no longer available due to high demand and you can't order them until late summer and you might get it in early 2023. So I revised the order for the 2.0 Ecoboost and sent it back in. Orders for those close this Thursday 1/27/22 and will no longer be available again until late summer. 

All I had to do was stop by the dealer and sign the paperwork. No money down, no obligation. I can even walk away once the truck is on the lot. 

It won't be ready for 6 to 8 months. Since I am not in a pinch I will keep driving my Ranger and opening the door from the passenger side. Plus it will give me time to save up for an even bigger down payment. 

Seems like a nice mid-sized truck, I have watched a ton of videos on YouTube about them and glad I got my order in before tomorrow's deadline.

Oldiesmann and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: So I ordered a new truck   So I ordered a new truck I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 4:15 pm

I ordered the XLT which is a bit nicer and has different wheels but this shows you a basic rundown.

rockerVu2 and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So I ordered a new truck   So I ordered a new truck I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 4:55 pm

It's always exciting to get a new vehicle.  New vehicle payments...not so much... Laughing

So can I ask what are you going to do with your old truck?  Are you going to sell it yourself?

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: So I ordered a new truck   So I ordered a new truck I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 6:31 am

Going to trade it in, transfer the tag (which will save some money). My wife's car will be paid off in March or April and the payments on this will be less than what we pay for her car. So it will be like getting a discount. And hopefully I can get 20 years out of it like I did my Ranger.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So I ordered a new truck   So I ordered a new truck I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 2:48 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Going to trade it in, transfer the tag (which will save some money). My wife's car will be paid off in March or April and the payments on this will be less than what we pay for her car. So it will be like getting a discount. And hopefully I can get 20 years out of it like I did my Ranger.

Very cool!
And 20 years for any American vehicle made in the last 25 years is almost unheard of.  So certainly fantastic.
My wife's car (2015) has been paid off for just over a year and I would like to replace my car (gave it to my son when we left Washington because he lost his in a "no fault" accident).  But I really don't want another car payment.  I still have another 2-1/2 years to buy my old partner's business shares (which is pretty much the same as a car payment on a new vechicle)....so I certainly don't want to try and do that at the same time I'm making a car payment.  Also a little tough right now to get a new car.  My mother just bought a new Subaru Forester and she had to wait nearly 5 months for it to come in (which from what I hear isn't too bad).

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I ordered a new truck   So I ordered a new truck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I ordered a new truck
Page 1 of 1