Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a closet ABBA fan...

Go down 
+7
Guilty/Forgiven
Black Rider
Staybrite
Samson
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
Fundy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

I'm a closet ABBA fan... Empty
PostSubject: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 2:39 am

So, I'm really excited about the new album coming out!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 7:00 am

Ummm....if you are a dude and a fan of ABBA, you probably should come out of the closet! lol! lol!

I heard about this on the local talk station here yesterday.  They will also tour with a band and all the singers will be holograms.  I kid you not.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 10:43 am

lol! 

Yes, I saw that.  ABBA are really well known in the UK. They had a string on No. 1 singles.

I actually own all their studio albums.  Very Happy  The only song I don't like is their most famous song (Dancing Queen).

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 am

To be honest, that is the only song of theirs I could think of off the top of my head.

I know they had a big following here in the USA, but I just never got into them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 10:51 am

I don't normally find that sort of stuff enjoyable, but their songs (or at least most of them) were so catchy.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 1:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
To be honest, that is the only song of theirs I could think of off the top of my head.

I know they had a big following here in the USA, but I just never got into them.

You don't know more ABBA songs??? Mamma Mia!! Why don't you Take A Chance On Me, Super Trouper, since you know that The Winner Takes It All.  lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

You don't know more ABBA songs??? Mamma Mia!! Why don't you Take A Chance On Me, Super Trouper, since you know that The Winner Takes It All.  lol!

Sorry.....I can't recall any of those.

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 2:32 pm

Believe it or not, Dale Huffman was a HUGE fan of ABBA. We used to joke about it with him on the Firestream board.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 3:15 pm

Pretty big fan of ABBA myself.  I don't have anything other than their Gold-Greatest Hits album, but I really enjoy it.  As a kid (especially the few years in Germany) I had two of their cassettes and played them to death.  Most people in the U.S. don't know this but in some European markets ABBA has outsold the Beatles.  ABBA's Gold-Greatest Hits album is the second highest selling album in the U.K. pushing The Beatles "Sgt Pepper" album to #3. (the #1 album is Queen's Greatest Hits).

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 4:48 pm

I mean, I like some stuff like Neil Diamond, even some Bee Gees but ABBA? I have more self respect then that.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I mean, I like some stuff like Neil Diamond, even some Bee Gees but ABBA? I have more self respect then that.

Now Neil Diamond has some pretty cool stuff, but I wouldn't be caught dead listening to the Bee Gees.  lol!

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 pm

I'm a closet ABBA fan... Images10

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 2:47 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
To make everyone feel a bit bettter...

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite, Black Rider and ChristTrekker like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 9:43 am

I freakin love ABBA ! Got several albums, good memories from when the songs were new and on the radio

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 2:40 am

Just a bit of a disclaimer...  I'm not a fan who's collected all their albums over the years, I just bought the box set about 5 years ago, so I have all their songs from their official albums.  Prior to that I only had their black 'Gold' album.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Fundy wrote:
Just a bit of a disclaimer...  I'm not a fan who's collected all their albums over the years, I just bought the box set about 5 years ago, so I have all their songs from their official albums.  Prior to that I only had their black 'Gold' album.

That black "Gold" album is the one I have (It's like 20 songs).

When I was a kid in the 4th and 5th grade (back in the mid 70's).  I got two of their albums on cassette.  I'm almost certain I got "Arrival" as a brand new release in 1976, and I think the other cassette I had was their self-titled from 1975 (the one with S.O.S. on it), although it might have been a cassette rip copy that someone gave to me.  I had a few other cassettes at this time that I listened to quite a bit.  I had a bootleg ripped cassette with a handful of C.W. McCall songs on it (remember the Convoy song, featuring the "Rubber Duck" trucker?).  I also had a John Denver cassette that I really liked and Paper Lace's hits compilation album (Remember the song "The Night Chicago Died).
So instead of listening to AC/DC or Kiss in the mid 70's I was listening to European Pop (of course I lived in Europe between 1974-76 so that might have had something to do with it).

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 6:58 pm

Daddy was a cop... on the east side of Chicago....  I'm a closet ABBA fan... 1f3b5 

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Daddy was a cop... on the east side of Chicago....  I'm a closet ABBA fan... 1f3b5 

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na!

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Samson wrote:
Believe it or not, Dale Huffman was a HUGE fan of ABBA. We used to joke about it with him on the Firestream board.

I forgot all about that  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 10:16 pm

I'm a "goldie" too. Always thought "Does Your Mother Know" would sound great if it were heavier.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 4:11 am

ChristTrekker wrote:
I'm a "goldie" too. Always thought "Does Your Mother Know" would sound great if it were heavier.
 Like this?

and here is Leo doing Mamma Mia...  

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 4:56 am

Leo and PJ Roraback are great one-man bands!

cheers Rockin' Headbang
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 7:28 am

Normaniac wrote:
Leo and PJ Roraback are great one-man bands!

cheers Rockin' Headbang

Agreed. Leo is SUCH a great entertainer too. Shamelessly silly.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 5:35 pm

Okay so I'm wanting to shoot Benny right now. This stoopid song has been running pretty much on repeat in my head since hearing it ONCE! I'm in the studio right now. Every time my own music is quiet, friggin ABBA is there. When I woke up yesterday morning (and today), ABBA was there too. 4am. ABBA. Making dinner. ABBA. Brushing my teeth. ABBA. In the car.......  Mad

"I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded. I'm fired up. I'm hot. Don't shut me down!' Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Stoopid ear worm

topshot rhit, Staybrite, ChristTrekker and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Jen5 wrote:
ChristTrekker wrote:
 Like this?
That's pretty good. Though what was in my head was somewhere between Def Leppard and AC/DC. Oh, and changing the line to "does your mama know" — sounds better in a hard rock song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a closet ABBA fan...   I'm a closet ABBA fan... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm a closet ABBA fan...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: