Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Fear Not single

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Staybrite
DANet
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DANet

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-12-08

New Fear Not single Empty
PostSubject: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 11:05 pm

I just discovered this news yesterday...although this "news" is a couple months old.  I searched the forums and didn't see any discussion on this so I thought I would let you all know...

Fear Not is working on a new LP (releasing around Christmas?) and have posted a video for their new single called "Struggle" on YouTube...

You can watch it here...

The guitars do remind me a lot of the songs from the Fear Not self titled album...and you can hear Larry Worley on the BGV's in the chorus Smile.  I love love love Larry's voice...

Change is inevitable...we all get older...and I can understand Larry's decision not to provide the lead vocals anymore.  Eddie is giving his all...he sounds different...but I think he sounds great.

I'd say it's worth a listen...

Fundy, Normaniac and Messenger like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 11:56 pm

I don't know how I had forgotten about this.  I do remember hearing this tune when Roxx released this video.  I dig the song and I really like what they did with their EP a few years ago as well.  Looking forward to a new album.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 6:43 am

I know there's a new Fear Not album.
I'm looking forward to this new Fear Not album.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Thought we talked about this but anyways, I like this better than anything on the EP.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 8:51 am

Black Rider wrote:
Thought we talked about this but anyways, I like this better than anything on the EP.

I love the EP and seriously just played it this week!

I like the direction they have gone with the band.  The new singer gives them that modern twist, but overall they still sound like the same band to me.

In this video, it is great to see Chris Howell back on guitar with them.  While he is a monster guitarist as we've seen from Fear Not and Red Sea.  While he is doing the lead licks during the verses, it is also cool to see the band grow into a two guitar attack with Larry Worley handling the main solo.

My only complain with Fear Not is their drummer.  If you listen to the first album on up to now, he has to be the most basic drummer I've ever heard.  He seriously sounds like a drum machine with almost no fills.  I don't even consider myself a drummer even though I have played drums on a few songs on my own albums, but I do more than this!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider and Messenger like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Messenger

Messenger

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-01-08

PostSubject: Re: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 8:16 am

Yeah, but at least the drum tone is killer! It is well mixed.

Staybrite and DANet like this post

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 5:14 am

Sorry, but this song doesn't grab me. Too much "I" and "me". Musically, I like it. Lyrically, not so much. It's all "poor poor pitiful me" with no message of hope. They closest they get is the bridge when they say "why shouldn't I be the one to say 'no more.'" But no more what? No more struggle? No more hoping? No more trusting? How about "no more whining." That's what I've learned (am learning, really) with my own life. Trust in Jesus and be content with your circumstances. They can, and likely will, get worse. God "never promised [us] a rose garden."

topshot rhit, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fear Not single   New Fear Not single I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fear Not single
Page 1 of 1