Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bride remasters...

Go down 
+2
MikeInFla
mr.electric40
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 12:59 pm

Ok ok ok...

First I really really dig Bride... Those first 5 albums are absolute classics... The rest can be hit or miss for ME...

I was pretty excited when Girder announced they were reissuing these classic albums... The licensing from Universal Music/Capital Christian music had to be a pretty penny for sure...

Anyway I opened up Kinetic Faith remastered and popped into my car stereo ...

and was completely disappointed... It sounded like EVERYTHING from 250hz down was pushed up so loud it muddied out a lot of the mid range... I listened to half of Troubled Times, Half of Hired Gun and bits of Mountain... and Ever Fallen in Love... sounded completely muddy....

Now I put into my computer and I listened with Bose speakers ... sounded better but... Maybe source material that was used... Rob Colwell has done good work before... He made Xalt sound great... I just don't know about this yet...

Anyone else listen to this yet???
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 4:44 am

I didn't order that one, just snakes and I can't compare it to anything else because this is the only copy I have. Curious to read your thoughts on that one. I think it sounds good but it's the only version I have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 8:19 am

Hopefully mine will be shipping soon, and I'll weigh in once I've given it a spin.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 10:00 am

I would only have brough Kinetic Faith if it had sounded amazing, but I won't buy it now.  The original is good enough for me, although it's the weakest of their first 6 albums.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 5:28 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
Ok ok ok...

First I really really dig Bride... Those first 5 albums are absolute classics... The rest can be hit or miss for ME...

I was pretty excited when Girder announced they were reissuing these classic albums... The licensing from Universal Music/Capital Christian music had to be a pretty penny for sure...

Anyway I opened up Kinetic Faith remastered and popped into my car stereo ...

and was completely disappointed... It sounded like EVERYTHING from 250hz down was pushed up so loud it muddied out a lot of the mid range... I listened to half of Troubled Times, Half of Hired Gun and bits of Mountain... and Ever Fallen in Love... sounded completely muddy....

Now I put into my computer and I listened with Bose speakers ... sounded better but... Maybe source material that was used... Rob Colwell has done good work before... He made Xalt sound great... I just don't know about this yet...

Anyone else listen to this yet???

I wondered how this would turn out.  With KF, the low end is muddy anyway but the mids cover it well in the mix.  Unless you opted for a more open airy EQing with the remaster, you would be bringing that sludge to the top.  Colwell usually does good, but there are some of his remasters I can't listen to because of them being to bassy (Eternal Ryte, Recon).  I did my own remasters of those and went with a brighter overall sound and enjoy those.  So, I am glad that I skipped these and went with my own remasters here as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Raluces

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2021-06-08

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 9:42 am

Their first 6 are absolutely amazing . The "Universalist Dale Thompson" phase is also very interesting as well ...
Back to top Go down
Raluces

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 10:10 am

Fundy wrote:
I would only have brough Kinetic Faith if it had sounded amazing, but I won't buy it now.  The original is good enough for me, although it's the weakest of their first 6 albums.

I Kinda agree ...
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 am

I was informed that the Bride LPS will be officially released tomorrow. Yass.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 5:21 am

Currently (and it does change from time to time...)

Albums that I love
Show No Mercy
Live To Die
Silence Is Madness
Snakes In The Playground

Albums that are good
Scarecrow Messiah
Oddities
This Is It
Skin For Skin
Tsar Bomba
Snake Eyes
Here Is Your God

Albums that I can't get in to (although I see their quality)
Kinetic Faith
Drop
Incorruptible
The Jesus Experience
Fistful Of Bees

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 9:57 am

My list would look so different, Fundy!

ALBUMS THAT ARE GREAT THAT I LOVE:
Snakes In The Playground
Scarecrow Messiah
Skin For Skin
Kinetic Faith
Here Is Your God
This Is It
Snake Eyes
Fistful Of Bees
The Jesus Experience
Drop

ALBUMS THAT ARE GOOD:
Tsar Bomba
Incorruptible

ALBUMS THAT ARE GOOD BUT I RARELY PLAY:
Show No Mercy
Live To Die
Silence Is Madness

ALBUM I CAN'T LISTEN TO ANYMORE:
Oddities

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Raluces

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 4:09 pm

Most Bride Material is good to excellent , but that "grunge" deviation they had arond the 90's plus fist full of bees I just can´t get into . 

My Faves are : Live to Die and Scarecrow Messiah .
Back to top Go down
Raluces

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 pm

Just out of curiosity : There's a little youtube channel called "Bora Curtir" which is a brazilian video channel dedicated to promotee Christian Rock and Metal . They recently made a Bride Special about their 90's Hard Rock phase that is now avaliable , but I don´t think anyone is going to understand a single word on this video lol ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bride remasters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bride remasters...   Bride remasters... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride remasters...
Page 1 of 1