Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

voice command

Go down 
+3
Normaniac
Xid
ChristTrekker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 8:23 pm

Asking your phone to play Leah and getting Leonard Nimoy instead is quite a shock.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 10:21 pm

lol!

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 2:47 am

Did it play that all-time headbanging classic "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"?

ChristTrekker likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 6:02 am

ChristTrekker and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 8:37 am

That song was sponsored by Tim Leary and the Acid Council!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:28 am

I rarely play music on my phone.  I favor my FiiO M9 hi-def music player more.  If I do use my phone, I just throw on Dead To Self radio on the Tune-In app.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:52 am

I use my phone most of the time for music now. Used to be my iPod touch but it's a pain to have two devices in the truck and the battery on the ipod is old. It will hold a charge just not as long as my phone.

ChristTrekker and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 12:37 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Did it play that all-time headbanging classic "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"?

The only other I have is Maiden Wine, so it's 50/50.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:31 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I use my phone most of the time for music now. Used to be my iPod touch but it's a pain to have two devices in the truck and the battery on the ipod is old. It will hold a charge just not as long as my phone.

I don't mind two devices since the chipset in my FiiO is better for music than most phones.  Of course, an older iPod might not have as good of a chip as some phones, so there could be a trade off in sound there. 

My phone drains so quickly when using it to play music.  Of course, I have only tried it with streaming music, and I realize that connecting to the internet to do so would create a larger draw than playing something on the SD card.  Maybe I will add a couple of albums to my phone and do a side by side comparison through both my truck speakers and a set of decent headphones.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 am

Yeah, I use music from the SD card and rarely stream anything on my phone while driving. I really haven't noticed a drain in battery on my phone.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:
My phone drains so quickly when using it to play music.  Of course, I have only tried it with streaming music, and I realize that connecting to the internet to do so would create a larger draw than playing something on the SD card.  Maybe I will add a couple of albums to my phone and do a side by side comparison through both my truck speakers and a set of decent headphones.

Most definitely. I almost always play from local files on my SD card, which takes far less battery. I can manage to stream all day but barely. I usually connect to power when I do that since it's mostly when I'm working around the yard/garage and often play it through my boombox.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2021 4:15 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Most definitely. I almost always play from local files on my SD card, which takes far less battery. I can manage to stream all day but barely. I usually connect to power when I do that since it's mostly when I'm working around the yard/garage and often play it through my boombox.

Most definitely.  I can use my phone for most of the day (8+ hours) to play music and still have at least a third of my battery life if playing music already installed on my device.  If I stream it seems like I can't even get half of that amount of music before nearly losing my charge.

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 12:32 am

I don't stream anything, due to our limited data plan. Also, my drive time is the only time I charge. I very seldom use the phone to listen to music outside the car. I've learned to turn Bluetooth off when not driving and the battery lasts much longer.

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 11:15 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

I was quite happy with my iPod Classic, but the battery died. It would even play video on the little screen. But now that I've caught up to the cell phone era, I agree that having a second device would be a hassle.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 6:48 am

ChristTrekker wrote:
I don't stream anything, due to our limited data plan. Also, my drive time is the only time I charge. I very seldom use the phone to listen to music outside the car. I've learned to turn Bluetooth off when not driving and the battery lasts much longer.

Believe it or not, having your Bluetooth on all the time isn't that hard on the battery.  For us smart watch users, we have to keep the Bluetooth on to keep the watch synced with our phones.  Without a lot of text or checking things on the internet or work email, I lose around 10% per day on Bluetooth.

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 am

alldatndensum wrote:
ChristTrekker wrote:

Believe it or not, having your Bluetooth on all the time isn't that hard on the battery.  For us smart watch users, we have to keep the Bluetooth on to keep the watch synced with our phones.  Without a lot of text or checking things on the internet or work email, I lose around 10% per day on Bluetooth.

That's not my experience. The stereo went out in my car several days ago (can't switch to CD or Aux) so my little BT adapter is worthless. I turned the phone's BT completely off. Battery does not run down nearly as fast now. Seldom below 85%, when I used to dip to 70s or even 60s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

voice command  Empty
PostSubject: Re: voice command    voice command  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

voice command
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: