Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Video surveillance

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:00 pm

In the last decade of living in my home in a rather nice area, we've had a few incidents in the neighborhood. Nothing grand, and actually rather typical (mailbox baseball, vehicle content theft, a mysteriously broken bedroom window). However, the local newspaper's police reports continue to worsen, and last night I came home to find a flood light completely removed from my front porch. Someone had the nerve to walk right up to my front porch and unscrew a flood light and take it... it's gone !
So of course, a million things go through my mind - is it a plan to come back that night and rob us ? was it a stupid kid messing around ? Etc...
My wife is the picture of faith and says quit worrying, the Lord will take care of us. However, it wasn't long ago that someone got into my truck in the middle of the night and took a camera, 200 cds and my Bible of 17 years.

Anyways, I plan to get a better surveillance system (right now, I have a manual set up with an old video camera hooked to my DVD Recorder, which, of course, I did not have on last night).

Does anyone here have a system they can recommend ? Know of anyone who has one ?
I'm checking into this one http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=1648#a1 it looks kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Don't know of any decent video surveillance systems but I can certainly relate to your concerns.

I was sitting at my kitchen table two nights ago doing some work when I heard a loud "BOOM" coming from outside.

Then I heard the police say over a megaphone "We are the Police we have the house surrounded, come out with your hands up".

Seems the police had lobbed a percussion grenade into the window of the house (just four houses down from mine). They were intent on apprehending a homicide suspect. They captured him, but he was released on bail the next day.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Quote :
Seems the police had lobbed a percussion grenade into the window of the house (just four houses down from mine).

The cops are throwing drummers at people's houses now? I'd sure surrender if a really bad percussionist was hurled through my window!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 10:44 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Seems the police had lobbed a percussion grenade into the window of the house (just four houses down from mine).

The cops are throwing drummers at people's houses now? I'd sure surrender if a really bad percussionist was hurled through my window!

Ha ha, "concussion grenade" is that better? Can you tell I have music on the brain?

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Staybrite wrote:
They captured him, but he was released on bail the next day.
What's wrong with this picture? Since when do homocide suspects have bail?

Staybrite

Staybrite

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:43 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
They captured him, but he was released on bail the next day.
What's wrong with this picture? Since when do homocide suspects have bail?

Yep, made us scratch our heads as well scratch

Not letting my daughter walk to school alone anymore.

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:43 pm

They stole a Bible? No
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
They stole a Bible? No

Hey maybe they will read it and turn them selves in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:48 pm

well, yeah, I had my Bible and TONS of notes... years of greek studies, notes, personal stuff, and more inside of my Black Bible bag.... unfortunately for me, it apparently looked like a nice "camera" bag or something. I don't know what the thief scumbag was thinking when he grabbed it.

I went all over and gave flyers with a good reward for the return of just my Bible... no questions asked. Course that didn't work. I even went out at night and dug in people's trash cans in case he dumped the Bible.

I was very down for a while afterwards, but came to grips with it, understanding that there's a purpose for things... and if not, then our God can still work with even the crap that the enemy can dish out.

I prayed that if the thief didn't get saved cuz of this... then I asked that he would be smote with hemorrhoids.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:25 pm

You're starting to sound like me with that hemorroid line, except I wish them upon peoples faces.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:24 am

sabidoo wrote:
You're starting to sound like me with that hemorroid line, except I wish them upon peoples faces.

Thats not a good thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:05 pm

1 After the Philistines had captured the ark of God, they took it from Ebenezer to Ashdod. 2 Then they carried the ark into Dagon's temple and set it beside Dagon. ...... 6 The LORD's hand was heavy upon the people of Ashdod and its vicinity; he brought devastation upon them and afflicted them with tumors. 7 When the men of Ashdod saw what was happening, they said, "The ark of the god of Israel must not stay here with us, because his hand is heavy upon us and upon Dagon our god." 1Sam.5

Thieves need to be careful not to steal from God's children
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video surveillance   Video surveillance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video surveillance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: