Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frontiers All Stars - Push Through

Go down 
+2
Xid
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Frontiers All Stars - Push Through Empty
PostSubject: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Some of you probably know that Frontiers is an Italian based melodic rock/metal record label that features new and journey level bands/musicians from the genre.
They have released albums from several 80's bands creating new music in the last 20 years such as Kixx, Mr Big, House of Lords, Night Ranger, Winger, Dokken, Lynch Mob, L.A. Guns. Stryper and more.  In addition they have released albums from newer bands (sometimes featuring 80's musicians) such as Inglorious, Allen-Lande, Jorn, Crazy Lixx, W.E.T., Animal Drive, Armageddon and much more.
Apparently someone was inspired to try to cram as many of these musicians as possible into one song "Push Through".  It seems to have a cool positive message.

I won't give you the full list of musicians (there is something like 60),  but I will highlight some of the "old-school" players for us older music fans still stuck in the 80's.  If you check out the video on Youtube it lists all the performers.

Jeff Pilson (Dokken, Black Swan) plays bass 
singers:
James Christian (House of Lords)
Michael Sweet (Stryper...duh)
Robin McAuley (MSG, Black Swan)
Johhny Gioeli (Hardline)
Robin Beck
guitar solos:
Tracii Guns (L.A. Guns)
(a dozen other guys I didn't recognize)

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 12:36 pm

Great song!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Yeah, I dig it.  Didn't think I would at first with all those different singers in it.
Great soloing too.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Liked it more than I thought I would.

Last edited by Black Rider on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 12:48 am

That was pretty cool!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Liked it more than I thought I would.

That was me too.  I was expecting it to totally stink, but after listening I thought it was pretty cool.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 12:43 pm

The song is great as is the musicianship!

The only problem I have with releases from Frontiers is that they are all using the same plugins and the music sounds like it is being played by the same band.  I miss the days when bands spent hours, days, and sometimes weeks placing their mics on amps to get unique guitar tones.  CC DeVille didn't sound like Jake E. Lee or Slash, or Angus, or Dennis Cameron, etc.  You could tell a lot of bands apart by their guitar sounds as well as their vocalists.  Now, it feels like we all want to sound the same.  Maybe that is why I love my cigar box guitars--I really don't sound exactly like anyone and I am okay with that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 6:30 pm

You can thank DAWs for that.  I run my guitar through a POD XT Live.  I found a tone that I mostly liked and tweaked it to my liking.  It may sound similar to others, but it's not going to be exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 6:53 pm

I say bands go back to analog.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Don't need to go back to analog, but play and record through real gear.  I record guitar and bass via line in, but it comes from my gear.  Unfortunately I can't say that for drums.  I really wish I could find a drummer who can record their drums.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:16 am

That was pretty sweet! I wish they used tags to tell us who was who. I only recognized a couple of people in there.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
That was pretty sweet! I wish they used tags to tell us who was who. I only recognized a couple of people in there.

If you view it on youtube they list out all the guitarists and vocalists, and they are supposed to be in order of when they first appear.  So that helps a little, but their roster has a ton of young/new artists (many of them European).  So there always ends up being quite a few I don't know or recognize.

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers All Stars - Push Through   Frontiers All Stars - Push Through I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frontiers All Stars - Push Through
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: