Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey guys... valentine's day

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hey guys... valentine's day Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:42 pm

This is for all you guys out there - Get a jump on Valentine's day today so it's not a last minute thing for you.

I used www.proflowers.com to select, order, and have delivered some awesome flowers for a great price (compared to local florists).
We used ProFlowers a couple times already for get wells and stuff... and those are by far the most high quality flowers I have ever seen. By comparison, I dropped 70 bucks on 12 roses about 4 years ago at a local yocal only to have them start drooping the next day. They were completely dead in 3 days. We used ProFlowers for my sisters b-day and sent her 24 roses that lasted over a week for less than 70 bucks delivered !

So if you're the romantic guys I know you are (ok, maybe not Sabidoo), you'll get a jump on Valentine's day and make your wife ecstatic

Hey guys... valentine's day ROS12red50_rby08_2_m
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 1:13 pm

This year, we're keeping things simple. We're having an early dinner at the RainForest Cafe, and then we're going to a Nashville Predators game! Now THAT's a romantic night out!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Oh the Rainforest Cafe is great. My wife would love that.

I hate to sound like a humbug but I hate these holidays manufactured by Hallmark. I certainly don't mind doing something nice for my wife, but a multi-million dollar industry centered around selling, cards, candy, and stuffed bears (all throw-away presents) to show how much you love your significant other, just makes me a little sick.
Consumerisim at its dumbest.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 4:42 pm

I agree, but tell that to most women.

You're better off just bowing to the machine and doing what we're expected to do. Just smile and nod.

I've done the Proflowers thing. Good company, but I don't want to send roses (or flowers) every year. I even sent a barbershop quartet to my wife at work one year. It's kind of hard to top that without going overboard.

Personally, I say Bah Humbug to Valentine's Day as well!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:05 pm

I give an extra rose each year. This year it'll be 5.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:35 pm

I haven't read this threat.
For me Valentine's Day is a day like all others we don't celebrate it.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Dont have A girlfriend so, Bah Humbug. Smile
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:
This is for all you guys out there - Get a jump on Valentine's day today so it's not a last minute thing for you.

I used www.proflowers.com to select, order, and have delivered some awesome flowers for a great price (compared to local florists).
We used ProFlowers a couple times already for get wells and stuff... and those are by far the most high quality flowers I have ever seen. By comparison, I dropped 70 bucks on 12 roses about 4 years ago at a local yocal only to have them start drooping the next day. They were completely dead in 3 days. We used ProFlowers for my sisters b-day and sent her 24 roses that lasted over a week for less than 70 bucks delivered !

So if you're the romantic guys I know you are (ok, maybe not Sabidoo), you'll get a jump on Valentine's day and make your wife ecstatic

Hey guys... valentine's day ROS12red50_rby08_2_m

HA...

You sound like a Glenn Beck commercial. BTW, if yall use proflowers.com, use the promo code GLENN BECK and get a discount.

Hmmm...maybe the code is GLENN, either way, figure it out and get a better deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:42 pm

Actually, you can use just about any conservative talk show host's name to get a discount. They don't just advertise during Glenn Beck. You can use Phil Valentine, G. Gordon Liddy, etc.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 pm

[quote]I even sent a barbershop quartet to my wife[quote]
Ha ! thats great !
Fundy: very romantic
Who the heck is Glenn Beck ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:43 am

Glenn Beck is a conservative talk show host. He does a daily radio program and discusses current events and all things political. He also does a tv show on Fox News.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:03 am

We have to go on Valentine's Day to the graduating of our son.
How romantic that will be.

Now I wonder what the Rainforest Cafe is.
I am sure it's something you can eat.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Glenn Beck is a conservative talk show host. He does a daily radio program and discusses current events and all things political. He also does a tv show on CNN (Communist News Network).

Fixed

Also, he is the ONLY conservative allowed on CNN property. They HAD to get him or they would have gone the way of Air-America.

www.glennbeck.com
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 11:41 am

For you more-than-romantic types out there (with a little extra cash), here's something cool that I got for my wife for our Anniversary (Feb. 22nd)-
http://www.mymms.com/customprint/?src=112117&sc_cid=C_MC_37_N00_MA9ALN00CMC37111

you personalize your own M&Ms. Sounds silly, but most women would think that would be the most thoughtful, special thing their man could do for them. They would appreciate the thought you put into the idea, the message on the M&M, and I guarantee they'd take a pack to their work for everyone to see how romantic their husband is.

You get 2 messages. On one I put "Jim & Lisa" and on the 2nd I put "11 Sweet Years". (get it ? "sweet", candy, get it ? .... nevermind)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 pm

I would like to ask some things.
So please don't laugh to hard.

First what's a Barbershop quartet?
Second what's Humbug?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:12 pm

"Humbug" was an old saying kept alive by the movie "The Christmas Carol". Scrooge said Bah Humbug to anyone wishing him a Merry Christmas, cuz he hated the season. I don't think it's a real word but a slang, kind of like "fiddlesticks".

Hey guys... valentine's day Scrooge
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:19 pm

and a Barbershop quartet... well, here you go:

A barbershop quartet is an ensemble of four people who sing a cappella in the exacting barbershop music genre

Hey guys... valentine's day 22183775
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm

Very good definitions Apofreak.

Looking at the M&M's web page right now, and I don't see a price.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:03 am

Hmmm I don't think I am a Barbershop quartet fan.
Thanks for your explanation apologetixfan.

The American slangs drive me nuts, yep really.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Looking at the M&M's web page right now, and I don't see a price.

Ouch! Found the cost, that is a kind of spendy.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:28 am

OMG ! You guys will never believe this ! Of all the varieties and ideas for gifts out there, my wife said "Happy valentines" and gave me.....

THE SAME GIFT !! ! ! ! ! ! She ordered personalized M&Ms for me having NO IDEA that I did the same for her !!!
We can't stop laughing.... I said, boy I bet MARS co. (M&Ms) loves us, we just payed 100 bucks for 8 packs of M&Ms.
What a story to tell, and remember for years to come.

Anyways, just thought I'd share that with you all...
I told Lisa that it's just a matter of time when we not only get each other the same gifts, but we start looking the same as old couples do. (that would be scary) affraid
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Me didn't get NOTHING... Sad
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:32 pm

You are not alone in this sabidoo.
I didn't get anything too today.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Taking the wife out for an over-priced steak dinner.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 pm

My wife bought me some Dove chocolates and some Nashville Predators sleep pants!

I bought her some sterling silver Nashville Predators earrings. But, they've screwed up my order, and they haven't arrived!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys... valentine's day   Hey guys... valentine's day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey guys... valentine's day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next