Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg

Go down 
+5
Driven
Black Rider
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg Empty
PostSubject: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 10:11 am

While many of us may have the remastered version of Stryken's First Strike album, I would say that most of us have never heard their previous album Blitzkrieg.  Well, now if you get the download of First Strike, you get BOTH albums.  That's right--18 songs now for the price of 9.  They have all been remastered.

I got mine here at Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/First-Strike-Stryken/dp/B07S4FS4P6/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_1

I would imagine that these are available anywhere you buy downloads.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 3:07 pm

I have a version of this album that was reissued.  It's the older one (Retroactive I think), and it only has 9 tracks from the First Strike album.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have a version of this album that was reissued.  It's the older one (Retroactive I think), and it only has 9 tracks from the First Strike album.

I believe that is what I have as well.  Like I said, if you buy this from the band with both albums on the CD, you will have to pay $30 plus $10 shipping.  It isn't that good of an album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I believe that is what I have as well.  Like I said, if you buy this from the band with both albums on the CD, you will have to pay $30 plus $10 shipping.  It isn't that good of an album.

Oh gosh no, I never would have paid that much for it.  It certainly isn't one of my favorite albums, but I will check out the demo stuff anyway.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 3:21 am

I never knew they had another album. But if it is worse than First Strike I will probably pass as I didn't care for that one. 

I just listened to the track "It's Over" and it sounds like Devo hahaha!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 7:43 am

MikeInFla wrote:
I never knew they had another album. But if it is worse than First Strike I will probably pass as I didn't care for that one. 

I just listened to the track "It's Over" and it sounds like Devo hahaha!

First Strike isn't a big player for me, either.  It is a fun listen from time to time, though.  Today, I think I will crank up Ezra and Messengers (two bands named Messenger).

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 8:25 am

Don't really care for Stryken but your mention of Ezra makes me want to hunt that down for a listen. Been a long time.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 6:23 pm

If you guys are talking about "Ezra - The Key", I really dig that.  Only have it on cassette and MP3.  I really wish someone would reissue it on CD.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm

I assumed that's the Ezra Chris mentioned.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Staybrite wrote:
If you guys are talking about "Ezra - The Key", I really dig that.  Only have it on cassette and MP3.  I really wish someone would reissue it on CD.

That's the one!  I have it on CD and personal remastered MP3.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:20 pm

I think I enjoyed the Blitzkrieg album more than I did First Strike. I thought the songwriting was a bit more varied and fresh. Of course, the production leaves a lot to be desired. Honestly, with better production, they could've gone a lot further I think.

I can't remember when, but I did get the CD with both albums on it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 7:07 pm

Driven wrote:
I think I enjoyed the Blitzkrieg album more than I did First Strike. I thought the songwriting was a bit more varied and fresh. Of course, the production leaves a lot to be desired. Honestly, with better production, they could've gone a lot further I think.

I can't remember when, but I did get the CD with both albums on it.

They are both fun listens especially when you think about them being a bunch of young guys trying to preach Jesus with their music and trying to make their music fit the scene.  There weren't a lot of people or labels back then to really help them dial everything in.  While the music is quite high on the ol' Cheese-O-Meter, I found both albums to be enjoyable.  The final song of Blitzkrieg did not fit, though, as it sounded more musically in line with The Cars or The Police than a metal band.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 6:58 am

Shipping to where I am from will be muc more expensive.
I've the idea that the shipping costs are more expensive now.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 8:24 am

You might say I like Stryken.

I do have the original version along with the 2006 re-issue and the 2009 First Strike/Blitzkrieg combo.

I love their 'Live 87'!!!!

Years ago, I was blessed to get in a trade
‘First Strike Tour-Austin, TX’ 1987 bootleg DVD
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 11:01 am

Hmm, it sounds like there's a documentary in pre-production.

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Oh wow, interesting.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Yes, interesting.  I did love some of those songs.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 5:12 pm

I'm sorry, but I think that band's 15 seconds was up far too long ago. I don't think there can be that much of a story to tell, than hasn't already been told.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 11:00 am

deathisgain wrote:
I'm sorry, but I think that band's 15 seconds was up far too long ago. I don't think there can be that much of a story to tell, than hasn't already been told.

I just want to see video footage of them dragging that giant cross to the Motley Crue concert!  Very Happy

MikeInFla and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 11:44 am

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

I just want to see video footage of them dragging that giant cross to the Motley Crue concert!  Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg   Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryken - First Strike AND Blitzkrieg
Page 1 of 1