Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place

Go down 
+14
Fundy
Normaniac
bassdude
crucifyd
Driven
deathisgain
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Staybrite
Hardkore
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
MikeInFla
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 9:48 am

Maybe not a dumb question but an interesting one. I saw this on another forum.

1017 miles for me. 

Born in Pontiac, MI and currently live in Panama City, FL

I am exactly 500 miles from my parents driveway in Knoxville, TN.

Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place Data=sjML9LdciRx-MQb10lH5R6Te5evyZVJPhdDyS6Kd1rzrBOBUb6ZxgNRLFw8QDXQouXosbvukWJdNoLORgWiDE48eqxB_Dk3ZOx97Y-YqwUe4TNF9gZNRu0QPIpy3Yi8KyfycTJq1_dGyB-_ZWM4w7crbQF3B70X-93N4OQJXdPVEFJUBjPiS0-Rp,XsnEDfctxLm9L67apALqKey4VlEUEa0624Yt7KQIW_yN4aKsEBirhCPBirJD8-5MYWZZoQX-N-B_BYx3kUQgAOyqNDK7FBN1L51sfspiMai1LsQl3MnaHQbisSHzE-DGv6xLOvHeFIup6bTRePj8Pw0W_2--3vn2nWV3QV5xBCesUmJ8ziTr3HQhJ3CtIa5QW9pZl76X7J-QaSeF7KKDGEYFsVdO0zLj70eXmEDEqxXTqMl4mgRqmbeJjSdk-51mDDGJgUvlC1dYG8c2ZgzKYEp6S3s1tEm78Ul-dEcAysgzdOCdqOi8zQrqCrhHP9Jgi3BvCG4pQunvVSoJ__eOtZKUsvZWMOsAWzzKZoqsX3AGCYVB7K9BxVOEdydSzqlPdEo8h4o?scale=1&h=200&w=630
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm about 538 miles from where I was born in Everett, WA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 4:02 pm

When I was in Lancaster, PA, I was 1495 miles from my birthplace of Pasadena, TX. Now I'm 259 miles in North Texas.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Well, just from city limits to city limits...1064 miles.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 6:06 pm

Close to the same distance as Mike and Hardkore..... 1137 miles from Orting WA to my birthplace of Long Beach CA

Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place Distan11

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:17 pm

185 miles from Yakima, Wa. to Portland Or.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 pm

About 30 miles from Carthage, TN to my current home of Watertown, TN.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 7:49 am

I think from the place I was born till where I live now is about 20 kilometer.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 2:32 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I think from the place I was born till where I live now is about 20 kilometer.

That's about 12.5 miles for us uncultured 'Muricans  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 3:15 pm

Oh yes, and this definitely counts as a Dumb Kwestion (good one Mike).  Thumbs Up

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 3:17 pm

Hopefully Jenny Stokes will see this thread.  I'm guessing she might live the furthest from her birthplace.

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 7:36 pm

753 miles from where I was born. But when I live in Florida it would have been 1350 miles.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 8:26 pm

About a 5-hour drive or a bit over 400 km as the crow flies. Born and raised in Eastern Ontario, currently in Southern Quebec.
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 12:17 am

mmmm...'bout 7 miles...
I don't get out much. ; )
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 8:02 am

About 75 miles
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Wow, some of you guys are still really close to where you were born.  I think that's kind of impressive.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 7:05 am

Staybrite wrote:
Wow, some of you guys are still really close to where you were born.  I think that's kind of impressive.

I never really thought about it.  Life just never asked me to move very far away.  On the couple of opportunities I have had, I turned down.

The question was how far we lived from where we were born.  If you take it just to where we lived as kids, I only live 9 miles from my childhood home by traveling the roads.  In straight line miles, I only live 6 miles from where I grew up.

If that is amazing, we live only 6 houses away from where my wife grew up.  Her folks just live around the corner from us!

This part of Tennessee is still too beautiful to want to leave.  It may be a small town, but I have left my door unlocked accidentally and never had to worry about someone coming in to rob or kill us.  Most anything a big city offers is less than an hour away.  Our taxes are still some of the lowest in the state.  Why would we really want to go somewhere else except for a vacation?  I would live inside Disney World if I could, but I don't think I can afford that option.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 am

We moved from Michigan to Knoxville, Tennessee in 1980. I was terrified of "mountain people" before we got there. I just figured everyone would be like the Beverly Hillbillies. They weren't. All the kids were just like me and wanted to ride bikes around the neighborhood. In 1995 I moved to Cookeville (100 miles away). In 1997 we moved to Missouri then in 2000 we moved to Florida.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 12:50 pm

I was an Army brat as a kid.  I lived my first few years of life in Southern California (where I was born).  I lived for a year in Virginia (around 4 years old), then spent the nest 3 years in the Denver area of Colorado.  Spent the next 3 to 3-1/2 years living in three different cities in Germany.  Moved back to Denver and lived in a few different houses until I was 12, then we moved to Seattle.  Lived in Seattle for a year and half before we moved about 30 miles south to the smallish town of Auburn where I actually lived in the same house for 5 years! (before that I had never lived in the same house for more than a year and a half).  At 19 I joined the Army, got married and moved to North Carolina for 2-1/2 years.  Moved back the Seattle/Tacoma area of Washington back in 1990 and have lived here ever since. 

As a kid I rather envied the kids who grew up in one town/neighborhood.  Seems like I had to make new friends every year of my life until around the 8th grade.

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 3:28 am

About six hours.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 10:37 am

Is that 6 hours as the crow flies?  clown
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 4:05 am

about 215 miles, or about 3 hours 45 mins if you drive sensibly.  If you don't drive sensibly then you may get caught by the cops.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 4:35 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hopefully Jenny Stokes will see this thread.  I'm guessing she might live the furthest from her birthplace.
Ha! I'm 11,397 km from my original home (that's 7,081.77 miles). I was actually really surprised to find out that Google will give exact distance between two addresses. Go figure
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 8:04 am

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Ha! I'm 11,397 km from my original home (that's 7,081.77 miles). I was actually really surprised to find out that Google will give exact distance between two addresses. Go figure

So you just hop in the car and drive home any time you want!   lol!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 am

Jen, where were you born?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place   Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #46 -How far do you live from your birth place
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next