Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rediscovering Three Crosses.

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Black Rider
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Rediscovering Three Crosses.  Empty
PostSubject: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 10:07 pm

Really enjoying the bluesy feel and this song even reminds me a little of Extreme. 
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 8:18 am

Sounds cool Black Rider.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 12:55 pm

I have one of their albums....can't remember which one.  But I like a fair number of tracks from it.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Yeah, I don't like all their songs but enough of them are good to make them listenable.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Ok, the album I have is "Jefferson Street".
I really dig the tracks "Welcome to the Jesus Movement", "Blind Faith", and "Strangers in the House of the Lord".
Talented group of guys, musically they kind of remind me a little of Big Tent Revival.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm

I have all of their albums.  I always felt that this was a band that was taking pieces of The Black Crowes and Third Day and mixing them in with a dash of their own style as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am

That's a good comparison.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 6:12 pm

Black Rider wrote:
That's a good comparison.

I am usually right except when I am wrong which is rare.   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 12:03 am

Three Crosses is the band that really got me into Christian rock and gradually other heavier genres as well (at one time I didn't even like the Newsboys remix of "God is Not a Secret" and didn't understand how anyone could ever like Grammatrain - now I love both). I've got all their albums and particularly love "The Stone Was Rolled Away". Jefferson Street is probably their best album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 7:30 pm

I still don't like Grammatrain.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 7:46 pm

I like Grammatrain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 12:13 pm

I'm not much of a fan of Grammatrain myself.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 6:17 pm

I bought a greatest hits disc recently...

Just looking for some driving "ROCK music"... yknow.. not metal but something with energy...and um... DRIVE!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 8:55 am

I LOVE THIS BAND! For many, many years when Lordchain would play a live praise set, we would do "The Devil Ain't Got No Hold On Me" from Three Crosses. I'd love to cover it on a Lordchain Praise album sometime.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 10:03 am

mr.electric40 wrote:
I bought a greatest hits disc recently...

Just looking for some driving "ROCK music"... yknow.. not metal but something with energy...and um... DRIVE!!

Nothing wrong with driving rock.  On the secular side, I have been in a mood for the Black Crowes, Blackeyed Susan, ZZ Top (their 80s material), Bryan Adams, Huey Lewis & the News, and now found a band called The Poorboys.  All these are great rock artists with music that just makes you feel good.  I'd love to find more Christian bands like this.  I forget about Three Crosses sometimes even though I have their CDs.  Maybe I will give them a spin today.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 10:04 am

KellyM wrote:
I LOVE THIS BAND! For many, many years when Lordchain would play a live praise set, we would do "The Devil Ain't Got No Hold On Me" from Three Crosses. I'd love to cover it on a Lordchain Praise album sometime.

I could actually hear that, Kelly.  It would be a wise cover tune for those projects.

It would be even more fun to do this in a full on Lordchain sound.  It would be fun to hear more rocked out.

Either way, if you think you would love to do it, then I say do it!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pm

KellyM wrote:

I agree with Alldat, sounds like it would be pretty cool.  Thumbs Up

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 5:21 pm

I have all three of their albums.  I am listening to them today while working on my sermon and doing the presentation for service tomorrow.

I would love to do a cover of the song "The Devil Ain't Got No Hold On Me" someday.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2020 10:32 am

That'd be cool, it'd fit your bluesy style well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 4:58 am

There are others in this vein.  Big Tent Revival was pretty cool.  Early Third Day works well. There was a band called Amos from the USA that put out one album that had a Black Crowes vibe.  The first two Cornerstone albums are bluesy rockers.  You should also check out JD3 (Formerly The Jondo Trio) and The Perry Case Band, too.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Some of the Big Tent Revival tunes would be pretty cool.  Like maybe "Where's the Passion" or "The Ballad of Arlis Richards" would be seriously cool.  Just stay away from that silly "Two Sets of Joneseses" song.

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Three Crosses.    Rediscovering Three Crosses.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rediscovering Three Crosses.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: