For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9403
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers Empty
PostSubject: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 1:51 am

My wife has a fascination with Nutcrackers, and every Christmas we add several more little ones to her collection.
This year is different.
A couple months ago my wife said "I have an idea" (Usually that means I should RUN!  Laughing ) She brought up the 6 foot Nutcracker we seen last year at Costco (for something like $800) and said "why can't we just build our own?" 
The rest is kind of a blur to me  Shocked We started on them 2 months ago and just finished. Seeings how they turned out pretty cool, I wanted to share them with you fine folk.

Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers 02210

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 am

Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers 02111

Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers 020b10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 2:32 am

Here are the steps we took over the last couple months:

Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers 111
Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers 211
Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers 310
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2396
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 6:13 am

Those are very cool! But..... what do they do when you sleep?!? They look really good and I think you could bring in some extra cash making them and selling them cheaper than the ones at stores. The body portion, legs and arms look like they might be cardboard tubes. Where did you find tubes big enough for the body portion? And again.... what do they do when you sleep?!?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15502
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 8:17 am

Your nutcrackers are so cool Jim.
I like the Scottish nutcracker so much.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 712
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 9:28 am

Wow, very nice work.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 2968
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 11:11 am

Dude these are so cool.  I'm incredibly impressed.

You should also make a similar-looking costume so you can scare visitors!   Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4340
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 11:36 am

Those are outstanding!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks everyone!  

Quote :
what do they do when you sleep?!?

It's like Toy Story, I hear them playing ball with the dogs, the King watches the BBC while the Scottish Highlander tries to get into the liquor cabinet  Laughing

Quote :
Where did you find tubes big enough for the body portion? 

The Home Depot carries 12" Cement Tubes (body), 4" PVC (arms,legs), other supplies included various cuts of wood, hot glue, wood glue, paint, material, plastic jewels, chains, paper mache on a balloon, some items stolen out of the grandkid's toy box (shhh!!), a very talented costume designer that is my wife Lisa, and my freehand face drawing/painting which is not easy anymore since my hands are not steady like they used to be.

Quote :
You should also make a similar-looking costume so you can scare visitors! 

Now THAT would be terrifying! These things are already scary enough when you get up at 2AM to get some water  Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20372
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Pretty amazing considering you make them out of giant toilet-paper tubes.  geek

kerrick

Number of posts : 2968
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 6:17 pm

Dude, if you're using toilet paper that size... you might need to cut back on the spicy food!

Spam    Stupid
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4340
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Or see a doctor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20595
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 7:11 am

He shouldn't need his colon cleansed, though.  If he is using that much TP, then his colon is sqeaky clean!

The nutcrackers are awesome, Jim.  They turned out amazingly.  You and your wife should be proud!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Thanks everyone! And as for the toilet paper rolls I used, they're from the industrial size TP I get at Costco  Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1223
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:56 am

Wow! Just wow! They're amazing, Jim. So very clever of you both. Overall, I love the Highlander best, but the King's crown is amazing.  Smile
What did you make the boots out of?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 4276
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:41 pm

My wife is jealous!  We've just found some 24" ones at our local shop, so we'll have to make do with those this year!

Well done to the both of you.  They look epic.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers   Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nutcrackers to end all Nutcrackers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: