Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The World Will Burn - new album and preview video

Go down 
+7
Staybrite
Black Rider
Normaniac
alldatndensum
Jen5
Fundy
mudpuppy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Oh wow. This discussion is awesome. The reason I asked about your remote recording is because it's how John Evans and I produce for our Evans and Stokes project. Thousands of emails back and forth and dozens of versions of each song uploaded to a shared drive to get them just right. I can see that your experience is much the same. I was hoping that you'd be able to offer some miracle tip that would streamline things, but I guess that was a bit pie in the sky to hope for. Still, I'm very interested to hear that you use programmed drums in the songwriting and then after the songs are essentially done, you send it off for a studio drummer to record to. Our most recent review (Heaven's Metal) was very positive ("beautiful melodies, engaging guitars and exceptional lyrics" etc) EXCEPT that we got slammed on our use of programmed drums for our final recording. We've always known that we are let down in the drumming area. It's very useful to know how you managed that part of the process. The collaboration I have with John is so fruitful that I'm not mad keen on complicating the process by adding a third member to the songwriting team. The way you and Dale delay the drummer's input would eliminate that complication. I imagine in your case, the drummer would inject their own flair into the final cut, but not until after the core songwriting is done. I like that.
I totally get what you're saying about being a needle in a haystack. We've done a lot of work to reach out to Christian radio. Also, I know from past projects that getting reviews published always creates interest (provided what you've produced is worthy of people's time of course) so we've also invested a lot of time seeking out appropriate reviewers. And, of course, there's always {sigh} social media.
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-12-06

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Jen,
I checked out Evans and Stokes.  Killer music!  I am not sure what program you used for drums but I think it sounds good.  Logic is the best right now in my opinion.  Superior drummer and those seem a little bit too perfect sounding sometimes but still do a great job.
Having a real person drum on the new album is a first, but it really makes a difference.  At first I notice more mistakes (understandable) but when taken as a whole the songs are better and have a lot more energy.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Thanks for taking the time, Alan. We used EZDrummer2 for Children of God. Logic you say. I'll look into that. Thanks.
Gotta agree with ya about your drummer. Having a real drummer has really made your songs pop. The samples for "Nothing's as Real as it Seems" sound fabulous. Kudos on taking that step. Now, if I could just find a solid session drummer who is willing to work for free. lol Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Will Burn - new album and preview video
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2