Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The World Will Burn - new album and preview video

Go down 
+7
Staybrite
Black Rider
Normaniac
alldatndensum
Jen5
Fundy
mudpuppy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mudpuppy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-12-06

The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video Empty
PostSubject: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Hey guys, Alan here from TWWB and I wanted to share this new preview video from The World Will Burn for the new album "Nothing's as Real as It Seems".  The preorder is now available, and you can also get your name printed in the CD pretty cheap.   All the info is found on the TWWB website.  Let me know if you have any questions about this album.
Check it out:
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Great preview!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Oooo, gritty. Sounds great, Alan, and wildly quirky too. The "chucka-chucka-chucka" made me smile. I'll definitely be checking it out. Do you have a release date yet?
Jen
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Thanks for checking it out Fundy!  I would love all the feedback you guys could give me.
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm

Jen,
thanks for watching it.  yes, we have always been quirky and a little wonky too, and we like that so we upped it a little on this one for sure.  The album is actually concept, and the music is very emotional but we always try to put twists and turns into the music.  We are holding off the graphics work for a few more days so folks have a chance to get their names printed in the CD, which has been a pretty popular option.  I expect everything to be wrapped up this week and about 10 days or so to ship.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 pm

I have already pre-ordered it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 3:15 am

Pre-ordered!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 9:07 am

Good to hear Dale do normal vocals.
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 am

Thanks for the orders guys!  We are getting a surprising number of pre-orders, and are very appreciative!  I think the preview video was a good idea.
Dale has had so many heavy musical projects lately we really wanted to go a different direction with his vocals.  Since our last album Dale had a new Bride release, NOG, and Perpetual Paranoia.  Those were all really heavy and we didn't want to crowd that space or style.  We focused on emotion and dynamics to bring the heavy and are really happy about how it turned out.  I think Dale has a very Bowie-ish vibe going on.  He has a surprisingly good singing voice when he isn't screaming.  
I consider you guys the cream of the crop when it comes to Christian rock and metal, and value your thoughts more than you know.  I check here often to see which way the wind is blowing.  Feel free to tell me anything that is on your mind or ask any questions you might have.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 3:27 pm

mudpuppy wrote:
I consider you guys the cream of the crop when it comes to Christian rock and metal, and value your thoughts more than you know.  I check here often to see which way the wind is blowing.  Feel free to tell me anything that is on your mind or ask any questions you might have.

Flattery will get you everywhere.  Laughing

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 3:32 pm

For sure Staybrite!  But it really is true.  This board is the forsure authority!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm blushing. Go on.  cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 6:43 am

While I like the newest Bride, most of the samples here sound like Bride probably should have after "Scarecrow Messiah".  Dale and Troy should bring you on to help out with their next "calling it quits" album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 am

Cool new album from The World Will Burn.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:12 am

Will it be available on amazon or cdbaby before christmas?  santa  I'm currently constructing my "wish list".

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Alldat, that's a crazy compliment and I appreciate it.  I can't say I could do anything to help a band like Bride, they are legends.  That last album is crazy good, with world class musicians.  I am more of a basement hacker.  Something might be in the wind, however.  Troy Thompson and I collab. on some stuff, and he plays the cool wah guitar on the new song "Rainbow's End" on this new album.  So who knows. 
Rocker thanks for the listen.
Fundy you can get the CD or download on our website now as a pre-order or in a few weeks or so from Amazon and all of those places.  We sign all the CDs we sell from the website personally to you for free so if you think that would be cool you would want to get it from the website.  It takes a few weeks after the CDs are printed to hit the market, but it should be available everywhere by Christmas.  I have been wrong about this stuff before.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 12:54 pm

I'll have to get it from amazon, as other folks will be buying it for me.  I'll keep a look out  Wink

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Alan, I'm not sure it's appropriate to ask this question here, but I'm interested in your recording process. You guys produce remotely right? How do you make that work?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 am

mudpuppy wrote:
  Since our last album Dale had a new Bride release, NOG, and Perpetual Paranoia.  
Don't forget Dabster Gentleman!

Dale just keeps confirming to me that he is one of the best voices out there period.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 3:13 pm

I like Haunted No Nore. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 9:21 am

I don't think he has one of the greatest voices now, it's not aged well, but when he sings like this it's fine. Michael Sweet has maintained his voice much better.
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 10:13 am

I love Dabster Gentlemen and Haunted No More too!  However they really do not compete in the same space as TWWB so I was more worried people (and their pocketbook) might be a little tired of an other super heavy album with Dale singing on it.  With Dale's other heavy releases, we both thought it would work better if he did more singing.  I agree that his voice sounds great this way, but he still screams plenty on "Nothing's as Real as It Seems" but more for emphasis and more selectively.
Jen, I wish I had a good story about our remote recording but I do not.  I really don't know a lot about the process and really am learning as I go.  Dale and I begin by creating a theme or idea we want to pursue, then I start to write and record songs.  I have a refurb mac mini, a cheap interface, and use Logic Pro X.  In my room I have a lot of just OK guitars and start putting together the tones.  On this album I used the stock Logic virtual drummer then we replaced them with our live studio drummer later in the process.
I start emailing the songs to Dale and he starts to work on the lyrics and vocals.  He has tons of lyrics because he is always writing.  He edits and writes and so forth until has what he likes then he records his vocals at his house.  We email the songs back and forth until we both like what we have.
Tim Bushong has a killer studio and he recorded all the drums at his place.  His son Aaron is a monster player and did all the drum parts.  Tim then mixes and masters the songs and we start to tweak them until we are all happy.  
In the mean time Dale is painting for the cover. He has painted all of them.  
It sounds simple but it took us 2 years to get this album together.  I don't want to even calculate our time.  I imagine we will lose money but it is a ministry as well so whatever God wills is fine with us.  We sell what we  can just to try and recoup some of our expenses.  
I know Chris records in a home studio.  Do others on here do as well?  I am curious if the process is similar for you guys, too.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 10:57 am

We record the Joshua's Creed project long distance.  We're working on our 2nd album. This time around I've written the song and recorded the rhythm guitar, bass and programmed the drums.  I upload a rough mix with a scratch vocal to Google Drive.  Andrew records vocals and Joaquin does lead guitar.  They upload their tracks to the drive and I put them into my DAW and mix.  Once it's mixed I upload it again and Chris masters it.

I use Audacity for my DAW.  For rhythm guitar have have a 2012 Les Paul Studio running into a POD XT Live which I plug straight into the Line In on my computer.  For bass I have an Ibanez EX-Series running into a Marshall 25/50 Jubilee 3530.  That runs into an ART Tube Preamp and then into the Line In on the computer.  For drums I use Rhtyhm Rascal.  I don't have the ability to record drums so programming it is.

I'm not sure what the other guys are recording with.  I know Andrew uses a Scarlett interface.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 am

All of my more recent recordings were done on a Korg D3200 32 track recorder.  All the effects and editing tools are built into the machine.  It works great, but it makes using remote guests difficult as you maually have to play their parts into the machine while you record them.  I had to do that on the last Mission Of One project.  That is why I chose to do all the guitar work myself despite not really being a lead player on my Big Chris projects.  Plus, I wanted to be able to perform my solos live if I ever get the chance.

I hope to swap to computer based recording on any further projects.

Back to top Go down
Alan TWWB

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 am

There are so many ways to record music these days.  I think it can be both good and bad.  I love the fact that musicians now have an affordable way to make and release music.  I hate the fact that there is so much indie music out there it seems impossible for it to find all the consumers that might enjoy it.  It's like throwing your needle in a haystack and hoping someone finds it.  That's the reason boards like this are so important.  I am a consumer as well as a producer, so it really helps me to find music I can relate to.
I hope one day that Dale and I can record while being in the same room.  I think "Nothing's as Real as It Seems" is the best we can do without that interaction, even though we work together wonderfully.  Thankful for the technology to do it at all in this day and age.
We are sending this project off to be printed tomorrow, so pre-ordering will end soon.  As long as they last, we are including a free vinyl decal of our logo with all pre-orders so if you like the songs, head over and order a copy.  http://theworldwillburn.com/store
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Will Burn - new album and preview video   The World Will Burn  - new album and preview video I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Will Burn - new album and preview video
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next