For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20595
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 pm

I am stealing Staybrite's idea simply because there is something I want to know.

You go to a restaurant to eat.  The food or the service or both are not satisfactory.  You don't see managers on the floor anymore.  They used to walk around and try to speak to every table to ensure that everything was fine with your dining.  Since there are no managers visible, do you complain directly to your server, complain by reducing the tip, or wait until you get home or on your phone and complain directly to corporate?

Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? Pbucket
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm

For whatever reason, I hardly if ever complain.  I do, however, reduce or eliminate a tip. 

Lately I have been waging an ongoing 'pancake' war with IHOP.  Twice in a row the waitress delivered my meal to the table without pancakes, and each time promised the pancakes will be 'right up'.  On both occasions by the time the pancakes were delivered, my food started getting cold!

Another time, I ordered a meal that the menu advertised as coming with two pancakes.  Yet, the waitress only delivered one, and when I complained, she insisted it should be one and not two.  When paying for the meal, I showed her where in the menu it states two and NOT one.  She offered to deliver a second pancake, but since I was already out the door, declined the offer.

Good news is that the last two times at IHOP, not only were pancakes delivered with the meal, but also the correct number!

EDIT: On a side note, now that I think of it, how difficult can it be to get pancakes correct.  LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 2:41 am

I don't make a habit of it, but I did let the Denny's waitress know that my sausage links were cold.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 712
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 8:10 am

Rarely, I usually protest with my tip but I'm getting used to bad service. Once I actually wrote a review the service was so bad and Red Robin actually got ahold of me to see if they could make it right.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2396
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 8:38 am

Normally - no. But I have in the past. If we come in, sit down and wait and then others come in after us and get their food before us I will complain. Got a free meal for all of us at Cracker Barrel years ago when we sat for over 30 minutes before getting our food and I asked for a manager. He came and retook the order then said the food was free. 

The same thing happened at Applebee's about 8 years ago. I complained was offered nothing and told them I would not be back and I haven't been to an Applebee's since. The previous time before that the service was just as bad. We waited and waited and then simply got up and left. I guess we "stole" the Cokes because we didn't pay for them. 

As for food I never complain about it unless the order is completely wrong. I don't want to send anything back to the cook. Usually only complain about the wait time.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 8:41 am

If the problem is major, I will point out the issue to the staff. Serving the public is not an easy task so I try to be understanding and don't reduce the tip.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20372
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 3:39 pm

First of all I have to say it is fantastic to see other members here post a Dumb Kwestion (thanks for numbering it)!  Hardkore, MikeinFla, Fundy and Driven have all posted great Dumb Kwestions in the past.  Alldat, this is a great idea for a dumb kwestion.

I rarely complain, unless I find my food inedible.  I also try not to complain with my tip unless it was just the wait-person that was bad, and even then I will give a reduced tip (down around the 7 to 10% range).  I have complained to restaurants before by contacting their corporate office (but only twice I think).  That tends to get their attention.  Most of the times I complain with my wallet (I quite eating there....and I let people in the area know about it, and why).  There is a privately owned pizza joint in our town that I have had such repeatedly bad service from I quit going there years ago.  I also recently quit going to a small Mexican fast-food restaurant in town because the owner/manager is such a jerk.
On the other hand my wife loves to let the management know when we have had good service and good food.  It usually starts with her asking the waiter if they can get the manager for her (which I'm sure makes the waiter think the worst).  Then she proceeds to praise the service/food to the manager who is always delighted to actually hear a customer had an enjoyable experience at their restaurant.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1223
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 4:29 am

Your wife sounds lovely, Staybrite.
I definitely don't go back to a restaurant more than once if the service or the food is bad. I give them two shots and then I take my business elsewhere. I'd never slag a place online, that's not appropriate I think. As for reducing the tip, we don't tip here in New Zealand so it's not possible to show our distaste that way. And you can't reward good service because the servers will turn away any attempt to tip (unless it's a hoity-toity posh 5 star hotel).
For the most part, I don't complain, but if there's something like a piece of string in my soup I'd definitely mention it to the server (in a nice way).
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 am

Giving online reviews is a great way to know if a place is worth trying imo. I've given good and bad reviews.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 3:43 pm

I ha e a couple of places that were so bad that we stopped going.  We also tell other people about our experience so they won't make the same mistake or expect something better.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15502
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 6:42 am

I've never complained about the food in a restaurant.
My only complain can be that some restaurants have the same menu for years.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 8:08 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I've never complained about the food in a restaurant.
My only complain can be that some restaurants have the same menu for years.

I can see that being an issue, but most of us tend to order the same things at the same places.  With that, I can't blame restaurants for not changing everything.  You risk losing more business by getting rid of too many choices that customers may like.  I hate it when a place gets rid of my favorite dishes.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15502
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 am

Some restaurants use still the same card for years and years.
When you often eat there you have had all the food from the menucard.

I like it to eat new dishes.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 8:19 am

Is that a custom Vonnie where you are from? Eating the dishes?  lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 am

Black Rider wrote:
Is that a custom Vonnie where you are from? Eating the dishes?  lol!

I bet it is hard to get all the glass out from between your teeth, too!   lol!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1223
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Doh!
Yvonne, I think it's time to bring out the stick to give alldat and Black Rider a whack.

I like trying new things too.  : )
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 6:04 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Some restaurants use still the same card for years and years.
When you often eat there you have had all the food from the menucard.

I like it to eat new dishes.

I like to try new things, too.  But, I hate it when they take things off the menu that you love to put on something that you won't like at all.  There have been a couple of places around here that was so bad at doing this that we quit going.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2396
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 7:32 am

This thread reminds me of something that happened here (Panama City Beach) a few years ago. Someone was very unhappy with their order at Burger King. Hilarity prevailed. This is what became known as the BK Brawler incident. You might want to turn it down, I am not sure if there is language on it or not, I had it turned down low and just heard yelling.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 6:55 pm

I don't think I've ever complained at a restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?   Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #44 - Do you ever complain in restaurants?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: