For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hillsong on songwriting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Hillsong on songwriting Empty
PostSubject: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 7:10 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Worship music in my daily life, but obviously within my church community it is still a big part of my life and for that reason, definitely influences the way I interact with God. As a writer of songs with a message, I found this video very informative. I definitely agree with Brooke that those songs that I feel directed to write are always more meaningful than those I set out to write. 

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20301
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Interesting to hear their approach when writing worship music.  I don't think I would ever call any song I had written a "worship" song....mostly just because all of the criticism modern worship songs seem to get (even if some of it is deserved).

Jen5

Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I think the closest I ever got to writing a worship song was "I Cry No More" on Beyond the Gates which is not a worship song, but includes a "worship bridge" lol

I just don't feel drawn to write that kind of song. I do write a lot of Christian songs though so what they say is definitely applicable to me in that sense.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4298
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm

I've tried writing worship songs and have failed miserably.  The closed I have come is You Are I Am which is more of a praise anthem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hillsong on songwriting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: