Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 6:06 pm

People may love them, but I don't love looking like one in my super unsexy rain gear!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:45 am

Again a very windy Sunday.
It seems the Atlantic is giving us nothing than rain and storm.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 9:23 am

Stay safe Vonnie.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 7:51 pm

I find it so strange that while you guys are in the midst of winter storms, we're in the midst of a drought and water restrictions. My poor garden is dying. I picked a zucchini to make some bread yesterday and couldn't use it because the skin had hardened so much it was actually cutting sharp and the insides were tough as tacks. {Sigh}
The silver lining is that the dry weather is great for singing so I've been doing some cool stuff with that.
Stay warm folks.
...and Chris...I love minions. They're so cute. You probably look adorable in your wet weather gear.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 pm

No, it's strange that winter time is when you have heat.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 2:57 am

sunny
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 8:13 am

Black Rider wrote:
No, it's strange that winter time is when you have heat.  Very Happy

Kind of like living in southern Cali?   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 9:01 am

Yeah but even there, it's their cooler time of year.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 7:13 pm

Having to deal with the building code and the Steel Handbook has confirmed for me that I do NOT want to go into structural engineering - that is, unless I do mostly computer modelling and stay away from calculations as much as possible. Structural stuff is too wacky for me.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:53 am

I imagine structural engineers have to be quite detail oriented. I mean, one number out of place and the bridge falls over.   affraid no stress
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 10:58 am

I believe it's the regulations that make things a bit difficult from time to time since they can be changed by whomever is in charge, especially on a local level.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Driven wrote:
Having to deal with the building code and the Steel Handbook has confirmed for me that I do NOT want to go into structural engineering - that is, unless I do mostly computer modelling and stay away from calculations as much as possible. Structural stuff is too wacky for me.

You'll get used to it.  Most of the "engineering" I do on a daily basis falls within about 40% of the basic calculations I learned in statics and mechanics of materials.  The nasty code applied nonesense is probably only about 10% of what I do (much of that is handled with design software).  Then I spend about 30% creating documents (drawings) so my clients can understand all that engineering analysis.  What's the last 20% you ask? Meetings, phone conversations talking to clients, bidding for work etc.....the real "annoying part" of being an engineer. Twisted Evil

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Today was the first day of me officially working from home!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Xid wrote:
Today was the first day of me officially working from home!

Remind me what you do again?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 12:36 pm

I'm pretty much Tech Support for the Montana Regional MLS.  I just need a phone, computer and internet connection and I can work from anywhere.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 7:53 am

Time to start setting up the new phone!

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Feeling Ecclesiastes 12:12 right now. Two exams and an assignment due this coming week before I get to go back to my parents' for reading week. It's strange to think it's my last extended time with them before I get married in just under 3 months.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 11:24 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid

Our little Canadian is growing up so fast  Sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 3:34 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid

Our little Canadian is growing up so fast  Sad

A little sad isn't it?  I still can't believe he got such a pretty girl to agree to marry him.  He must be much smoother with the ladies then I gave him credit for.
And to think he was only 13 when he came here.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 6:58 am

I got my new phone and was loving it for the first day.  Then, my Straight Talk SIM died.  I called them, and they told me to go by a different type of SIM.  I had the GMA (AT&T based) and they said my phone had to have CDMA (Verizon based) despite Moto saying it could handle any SIM from any carrier.

So, I bought their high priced SIM kit at Walmart and installed the new SIM exactly as the directions stated.  I restarted my phone as instructed, but no service was available.  I waited and restarted again.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  The phone still wouldn't do anything.

I contacted Straight Talk who is notorious for poor customer service.  They told me that they A) couldn't locate my account, B) my number that I had been using no longer showed up in their system and had been inactive for months despite me having used it the day before, and C) my 13 days of remaining service was gone.  They couldn't find my account, but I could log in and see it plain as day.  I stayed on with them for an hour and a half and only got a few, "I'm sorry," replies.  Then, the rep told me that they had stopped my autopay.  I asked them, "How do you see that I have autopay set up if you cannot find my account?"  They quickly started saying they would have to look into the issue further and apologized a few more times.  I told them that I felt unvalued as a customer and that they had ripped me off.  

I went that afternoon to an AT&T store to inquire about their no-contract plans.  They tested my phone to see if it could handle a GSM card.  It COULD!  They got my phone back up and working in just a matter of minutes.  I am paying $45 a month plus taxes for unlimited calling, text, and data!  That's $10 less than what I was paying Straight Talk for the exact same service.

I posted about my experiences with Straight Talk on their Facebook page.   They asked and almost begged me to call them to try to work it out.  I let them know that they lost a customer and I would not be back.

By the way, I am now loving my Moto One Action.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 8:45 am

The corona virus has found his way to my country.
Two people have it.
I hope the corona virus will be gone soon.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 8:51 am

Wow Driven, you are getting married in 3 months.
That's awesome news.

Yep, weird to know, that you only visit your parent's house after you are married.
Good luck with all the wedding preparations.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 9:47 am

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone being 102 years old getting married for the first time! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 8:28 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
The corona virus has found his way to my country.
Two people have it.
I hope the corona virus will be gone soon.

I am not worried about the Corona virus.  Influenza has killed 5 times more people (10,000) in just the USA alone this winter.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 9:07 pm

The Corona Virus will be gone as quickly as it showed up.  Just like SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, West Nile Virus, Acid Rain &, Hypercolor Shirts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next