Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Wow congratulations!

And in other news, happy Reformation Day y'all!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 5:28 pm

95 theses of reformation on the door, 95 theses of reformation
You take one down, you pass it to the pope
94 theses of reformation on the door
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 5:34 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 7:02 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm thankful my future father-in-law is a pastor and a Hebrew scholar. It makes for interesting discussions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 9:50 pm

I bet it does!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 4:55 am

So last night I took my youngest daughter out trick or treating. We went to the city hall down the street, they had trunk or treat going on. When we got home we decided to go around the neighborhood. We didn't see a SINGLE KID! Everyone's front porch lights were off. I would say there are over 100 homes in the neighborhood and we only got a response at one house! Then we went to the next neighborhood and same thing but we saw 2 other kids. All the lights were off and we only went to 2 houses there. Amazing that this fun holiday is now basically dead. But to be fair there was a clip on the news that a lot of neighborhoods were not giving out candy because the residents didn't feel it was safe. Not from crime but from that dang hurricane a YEAR ago. There is still debris piled up in a lot of places and residents just felt it was too difficult for kids to navigate in the dark around the junk. Our neighborhood is pretty much cleared out (there are a few houses that were abandoned after the storm and they still sit empty and in shambles). hard to believe over a year later and we still have a mess in some locations here.

She did have a decent bag full though (but nothing like when I was a kid). We have done 4 trunk or treats over the last week at various churches and I told her not to be disappointed because she had plenty of candy to last til Christmas anyway. Plus being diabetic she can't gorge on it like a normal kid we have to be selective as to how much she gets.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 6:14 am

MikeInFla wrote:
So last night I took my youngest daughter out trick or treating. We went to the city hall down the street, they had trunk or treat going on. When we got home we decided to go around the neighborhood. We didn't see a SINGLE KID! Everyone's front porch lights were off. I would say there are over 100 homes in the neighborhood and we only got a response at one house! Then we went to the next neighborhood and same thing but we saw 2 other kids. All the lights were off and we only went to 2 houses there. Amazing that this fun holiday is now basically dead. But to be fair there was a clip on the news that a lot of neighborhoods were not giving out candy because the residents didn't feel it was safe. Not from crime but from that dang hurricane a YEAR ago. There is still debris piled up in a lot of places and residents just felt it was too difficult for kids to navigate in the dark around the junk. Our neighborhood is pretty much cleared out (there are a few houses that were abandoned after the storm and they still sit empty and in shambles). hard to believe over a year later and we still have a mess in some locations here.

She did have a decent bag full though (but nothing like when I was a kid). We have done 4 trunk or treats over the last week at various churches and I told her not to be disappointed because she had plenty of candy to last til Christmas anyway. Plus being diabetic she can't gorge on it like a normal kid we have to be selective as to how much she gets.

No, it isn't just your town.  In my little town, all the action is on Main St.  Kids start at the town square, and then work their way for about a half mile hitting houses and TWO churches doing big Trunk Or Treats.  Doing this has KILLED trick or treating for the rest of the town.  At one time, I used to get 50-60 on a bad night and 100 on a great Halloween.  There were several houses with lights on (either porch lights or Halloween displays) and almost no cars.  We finally hit 24 kids total during the 2 hrs. and 15 mins. we stayed outside to give out candy.  

I have heard from other friends locally who have had the same problem in their towns.  I am glad that towns and churches have embraced this, but they have ruined the day for the rest of us.  I doubt we'll even buy candy next year.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 10:13 am

I was expecting more trick-or-treaters than we got, but we still had probably 60 or 70 kids.  Most were very polite and they had some fun costumes.  Our one-year-old daughter loved it.  She kept pointing to the door and signing "please" because she wanted more kids to come, as if we had any power to do so hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 10:18 am

We didn't get any trick or treaters but we've never had any since we've been in this house.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Trick-or-treat got moved to today (All Saints Day) due to the weather last night  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 1:06 pm

We probably had about 20 kids (some clustered in groups, so only about a dozen groups or single kids knocking on the door).  It is kind of sad because there are almost 50 houses in our neighborhood and we are only about 4 blocks from downtown.  But like Alldat's town a few of the churches and the city hall where giving out candy in downtown, and I think that kind of dried up the kids wandering into our neighborhood.  Also bummed to see that only about 1/3 of my neighbors participated in handing out candy.  I guess if you want to see kids in costumes you have to go to one of these trunk-or-treat events.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Trick-or-treat got moved to today (All Saints Day) due to the weather last night  Suspect

There were a bunch of people whining on Facebook on some local pages trying to get the different cities/county governments to do this.  All that happened was that the people ended up getting laughed at by other people for raising wimpy kids.  It was hysterical!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 am

Ahhhhhhhh! I am so over songwriters writing "you and I" when it should be "you and me." Drives me utterly batty. They write a perfectly good song and then ruin it because they didn't listen to their primary school teacher.
Ahhh!
Ahhhhhh!
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Okay. I'm good. Rant over.

Breathe
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 7:15 am

Jen5 wrote:
Ahhhhhhhh! I am so over songwriters writing "you and I" when it should be "you and me." Drives me utterly batty. They write a perfectly good song and then ruin it because they didn't listen to their primary school teacher.
Ahhh!
Ahhhhhh!
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Breathe

If you really begin to dissect the usage of the English language in songs, you will find more than just that grammatically wrong.  Most bands will do something wrong if they make a good rhyme.  You will hear the word "ain't" in songs even though it isn't really a word.  It is slang that has made its way into the dictionary.  My grandma, who was a former English teacher, said it best, "Ain't ain't a word!"

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 8:11 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
Ahhh!
Ahhhhhh!
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Breathe

If you really begin to dissect the usage of the English language in songs, you will find more than just that grammatically wrong.  Most bands will do something wrong if they make a good rhyme.  You will hear the word "ain't" in songs even though it isn't really a word.  It is slang that has made its way into the dictionary.  My grandma, who was a former English teacher, said it best, "Ain't ain't a word!"
...which kinda makes it a word.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 am

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
Ahhh!
Ahhhhhh!
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Breathe

...which kinda makes it a word.
WORD!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am

My eighth grade teacher, many moons ago, was going to use rock lyrics to teach us proper grammar but they were so awful she gave up.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 3:39 pm

https://www.cpodigital.org/staff

I'm last on the list.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Black Rider wrote:
My eighth grade teacher, many moons ago, was going to use rock lyrics to teach us proper grammar but they were so awful she gave up.
lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Fundy wrote:

I'm last on the list.

"I love creative writing, and listening to the best music in the world (Christian Heavy Metal)"  Woot woot!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 4:10 pm

Fundy wrote:

I'm last on the list.

You might be last on the company profile list, but you are first in our hearts!  And your profile is way better than Stephon's, what's that guy even do? Laughing

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Stephon is coming soon.

Very cool, Fundy!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 7:26 am

We have had the worst luck this year with tires!  I ran over a nail back in the spring and had to have a tire on my truck plugged.  Then, during the summer, my wife ran over a deck screw.  The drove on the tire about a half mile to get to a safe place to get off the road.  That little bit chewed up the sidewalk of her car's tire and we had to replace it.  Then, last night, I ran over some mysterious object on a front tire that made about a 1" gash in the tire.  I took the tire to this little place that fixed my truck tire in the spring.  They discovered the big gash while I was standing there with them, and I had to have a new one.  Sadly, all they sell is used ones and it was late enough I couldn't go elsewhere and buy a new tire.  So, I am out $50 for a used tire and will have to buy a new one today.  GRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 9:11 am

Sorry to hear Chris, I know that frustration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next