Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Have you ever had, you payed for a Cd, but never have gotten the CD?
I'm waiting for a CD from the begin of July.
I wonder ... I wonder.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I wonder ... I wonder.

Yep, I preorded 2 cds from PledgeMusic and never got them.  I at least got MP3 files of one of the albums (but I paid for the CD).

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Staybrite wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:
I wonder ... I wonder.

Yep, I preorded 2 cds from PledgeMusic and never got them.  I at least got MP3 files of one of the albums (but I paid for the CD).
Hopefully it wasn't a David Benson CD  lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:
I wonder ... I wonder.

Hopefully it wasn't a David Benson CD  lol!

ROTFL No, I watched too many people complain over the years about not getting their stuff from David B. (or getting it several months later) that I have never ordered any cds directly from him (got any of my David Benson cds from a regular distro)

I ordered the 3rd Inglorious CD and the most recent Last In Line albums through the PledgeMusic campaigns and never got either cd.  Finally ordred the Last In Line cd from Amazon (so I paid twice for it) and just settled with the MP3 files for the Inglorious album.  Promised I would never back another campaign again after that.....but then I just did it again last month (but with Kickstarter).

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 8:22 am

What did you think of that Inglorious album? After the first two being so good the third one felt a little meh, not bad but the songs didn't grab me as much.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 8:43 am

I hope they send the CD soon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Black Rider wrote:
What did you think of that Inglorious album? After the first two being so good the third one felt a little meh, not bad but the songs didn't grab me as much.

I agree for the most part.  I thought the best song on the album was the one they didn't even write.  A few other really cool tunes, but nearly half of it seemed a bit like filler.  Not horrible by any means, just not as good as the first two albums.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 2:43 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I hope they send the CD soon.

Have you contacted the place you ordered the album from.  I had an album that didn't show up for several weeks after it was supposed to have been sent, and the seller sent me another one.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 7:08 am

I have ordered this Cd by the band.
At the end of July I've sent a message to ask about the CD.
But no answer.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am

Looks like school is back in session up here.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Looks like school is back in session up here.

We've been back in for three weeks already!  The countdown has begun for our Labor Day three-day weekend.  Then, we will start dreaming of fall break.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 3:52 pm

My wife and I are just outside Roanoke, VA tonight.  You may remember that I came up to visit my aging aunt and uncle back in June.  Sadly, my aunt passed away Monday and we are here for the visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 8:23 am

Sorry to hear, praying for your family.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 2:40 pm

Hurricane season has returned. So far this one looks like it will head north once it makes landfall. Good for me, bad for them but I had my turn last year. We can't take another hit in this area. As a precaution I gassed up my cans and stocked up on water and supplies.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 2:44 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
My wife and I are just outside Roanoke, VA tonight.  You may remember that I came up to visit my aging aunt and uncle back in June.  Sadly, my aunt passed away Monday and we are here for the visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow.

That's a bummer.  Can I ask, was she a follower of Christ?  Do you know how old she was? (I only ask because my wife's Grandmother is like 96 now).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

That's a bummer.  Can I ask, was she a follower of Christ?  Do you know how old she was? (I only ask because my wife's Grandmother is like 96 now).

My Aunt was definitely a follower of Christ.

She turned 79 back in July.  My Uncle is 84.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 8:04 am

Busy weekend for me.
Levi and his parents stay for supper tonight.
Levi stays for one nigh with opa and oma.
Tomorrow we're making a walk by a castle.
Then we have BBQ.

Today I'm busy to make potatoe salad and cole salad.
Tomorrow the rest.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 am

Chris sorry your aunt passed away.
Prayers for the family.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 11:24 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Busy weekend for me.
Levi and his parents stay for supper tonight.
Levi stays for one nigh with opa and oma.
Tomorrow we're making a walk by a castle.
Then we have BBQ.

Today I'm busy to make potatoe salad and cole salad.
Tomorrow the rest.

Sounds like a great weekend!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 7:34 am

Ooooooh, I love some good bar-b-que, cole slaw, and potato salad.  Are you sure you haven't moved to the southern part of the USA?  With some souther sweet tea, you have a southern tradition right there!

On the way back from Virginia, we dashed into Pigeon Forge to eat at Big Daddy's Pizzeria.  They have some good pizza that just tastes different than what we have at home.

Then we went to the Beef Jerky store.  I bought some meat sticks that have things like elk, alligator, deer, kangaroo, etc. as part of the meat.  They are mostly pork, but the exotic blend sure gives them a unique taste.  I love the flavor, but the pictures of the animals that are blended in gross most people out.   That makes them fun to eat as well!

We also walked around Bass Pro Shop.  I wanted to look at a 38 Special (the pistol, not the band).  People keep telling me to get a .380, but they just don't seem to fit my hand.  A .38 feels good in my hand.  Yes, I know you don't get as many shots with a revolver as you do a semi-automatic.  But, with firearms, you have to first be comfortable with the weight and feel of the weapon.  If the gun is so small that my pinky goes under the grip, I just don't feel comfortable shooting that firearm.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

We also walked around Bass Pro Shop.  I wanted to look at a 38 Special (the pistol, not the band).  People keep telling me to get a .380, but they just don't seem to fit my hand.  A .38 feels good in my hand.  Yes, I know you don't get as many shots with a revolver as you do a semi-automatic.  But, with firearms, you have to first be comfortable with the weight and feel of the weapon.  If the gun is so small that my pinky goes under the grip, I just don't feel comfortable shooting that firearm.

You also don't have to worry about a revolver jamming.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Staybrite wrote:

As long as you keep your thumb and face out of the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 8:36 pm

Wow I didn't know 38 Special was hanging out at Bass Pro. Oh wait nevermind. Holdin' on loosely
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 7:19 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Keep your weapon clean and buy good ammo and your semi-automatic won't jam either.  I have a Ruger .22, a Ruger 9mm, and a Hi-point 9mm.  If cleaned frequently, oiled semi-regularly, and keep good brands of ammo, they don't jam.  That's bad news for paper targets and perhaps those bad guys who buy guns off the radar so they can get into all sorts of evil deads.  Hopefully, I will carry mine for a lifetime without ever needing to do more than kill paper targets.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 9:58 am

I think the Glock 9mm is the most comfortable pistol made and it's super easy to use. I'm with you about hoping paper targets are all I need to take out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next