Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!

Go down 
+3
Through The Dark Radio
Black Rider
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! Empty
PostSubject: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 4:18 pm

From an email from Boone's Overstock today...

Paradox (USA / San Antonio, Texas) just signed with Retroactive for a major release and distribution of all their songs "Ruler," "Power and Glory" & "The Wrath" as well as the upcoming release "The Return."  The band has regrouped with three original members! Retroactive Records will be officially releasing the long awaited music and the history of the band that time has long wrestled with. The timeless songs will re-instill in you the fire of God's love and remind you! ..... Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. And now I have told you before it happens, so that when it does happen, you will believe.

Manny Castillo (lead vocalist) 6-25-2019

If you like to fish, you know that sometimes the big one gets away!  The Christian metal scene proves no exception.  Just consider the well known groups from the eighties that released critically acclaims demos but still went unsigned: Soldier, Crossforce, Apostle, Armada, Chosen Stranger, Paragon, Revelation, Taker and a host of others too numerous to mention.

Paradox is another such band.  Originating out of San Antonio, Texas, Paradox was highly regarded in the Christian metal underground as a result of its two demo tapes, Ruler (1987) and Power And Glory (1989).  The group also placed a song, “Meet The King”, on the Underground Metal compilation (1988) in addition to releasing the full length effort The Wrath (1999). The various Paradox releases, as one might imagine, have been out of print and nearly impossible to find for quite some time.  

Paradox can best be described as middle of the road guitar orientated heavy metal.  Yes, the group is melodic but also brings more muscle than many of the hair and glam metal bands of the time.  As a result, I can see Paradox appealing to those into both metal on the heavier (Barren Cross, Saint & Armageddon) and lighter (Stryper, Shout & Guardian) side of things.  It makes for a good combination in that the group presents with enough variety to prevent its material from turning redundant with repeated listen.

Retroactive Records has been in conversations with Paradox about reissuing their catalog for almost 20 years!  We are THRILLED that we finally get to make these classic tunes available on CD and Vinyl so we can support the band, the ministry, and celebrate the legacy of one of the most important bands the Christian metal scene has ever known!  Be on the lookout for pre-orders....and save your pennys....these are going to be ESSENTIAL purchases!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:16 am

I'm excited for this, I used to have a demo tape I ordered from Longs.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 12:12 pm

I'll definitely be getting this.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 2:00 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I'll definitely be getting this.
Me too.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Depending on how they package this I will likely get it.
Same with the Holy Saint album.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 4:51 pm

This will be something I will grab... I've waited a long time for this... I saw them at CStone 89 I believe at the Pure Metal band competition... Xalt won that year... I would have given it to Paradox... brilliant
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 10:38 am

Xalt's first album was great and each one was a step down after that imo.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 am

Wow, the first album in 20 years! This should be great!!

I'm FB friends with the guitarist Fern, kinda strange I haven't seen any hints of this new album on his FB. Very smug.

I have 1990 footage of the band performing in Austin, Texas. Fern must have the fastest fingers on the fretboard! I don't think it's humanly possible to play faster than he did back in the day.

DVP has a couple 1987 concerts he put on YouTube recently of the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!   Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paradox Signs With Retroactive Records!!!
Page 1 of 1