For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20301
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 3:16 pm

I looked it up and it seems it has been several months since our last Dumb Kwestion!  Well I think we should remedy that right now.  And for those of you who have been saying to yourself "hey that wasn't a dumb question"....not to fear I have a really dumb one for you this time!

So without further ado here we go!

How do you like your steak cooked?

Or do you even like steak?  Maybe you're and herbivore and all you eat is plants....so what's your favorite way to eat eggplant steaks?

Xid

Number of posts : 4298
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Medium rare to medium depending on the steak.  I'm not a steak connoisseur so I have no idea what kind of steak is what.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20518
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 8:31 pm

I prefer a sirloin or a ribeye if I go for steak.  I like a well done, but not charred/burned, steak.  If you slow cook it, you can get a steak well done that is still tender and juicy.

Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! Pbucket
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 5:44 am

Medium is best for me... I heard if you order well done they give you a lower quality of steak! Don't know how true that is but I have heard it from several people. 

I did try to slow cook and reverse sear a steak. It was OK but I need to work on it.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3226

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:02 am

I used to go medium rare when I was young but most places seem to not do that very well any more or perhaps steak quality has decreased (too chewy) so I go for medium now.

Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:05 am

Totally NOT a dumb kwestion. This is essential information. Scotch fillet of fillet steak. Marinated for 24 hours. Rare to medium rare please. Now when's dinner?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 am

I just know I don't want it looking like the heart could restart any time.  You might as well knock it's horns off, wipe it's rear end, and throw it on a plate.  Nasty.

Next, some of ya'll will tell me you prefer floppy bacon.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 9:55 am

no lie, perfectly done bacon is better than perfectly done steak...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 am

I love Tri Tip somewhere in between medium rare and medium. Chris, what you described is how my FIL likes his steak and he has to give us that little lead in everytime. He also likes head cheese so you know he's not right.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3837
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 am

I prefer ribeyes that are well marbled.  Make it dry-aged and it's even better.  I used to prefer well-done but now I prefer medium well.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 11:39 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I just know I don't want it looking like the heart could restart any time.  You might as well knock it's horns off, wipe it's rear end, and throw it on a plate.  Nasty.

Next, some of ya'll will tell me you prefer floppy bacon.
Ha! Yep, me I don't like crunchy bacon! I like it floppy and chewy!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Like that scene from Poltergeist!  (Don't watch if you've got a weak stomach or the Indian Jones face-melting scene is too much for you...)

WARNING! Gruesome!:

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4298
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:36 pm

kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Like that scene from Poltergeist!

That scene is so fake.  Nobody puts a raw steak directly on the counter.  It would have been on a plate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:42 pm

lol!
Very true!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Ooooo, floppy bacon. Definitely floppy.   Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 pm

I eat nearly all my steak medium-rare (rib-eye, sirloin, T-bone, filet mignon).  When I was younger I used to eat it rare.  One summer when I was 9 or 10 I lived with my Grandparents for a few months.  I had the hardest time getting my grandpa to cook my steak rare enough.  He wanted to cook everything medium, I remember standing there at the grill begging him to turn it over because it was done on that side.  He just kept poking it with the grill fork and mooing...trying to tell me it was still alive.
I once heard someone say "just wipe it's butt and run it through a warm room".  I don't eat it quite that rare anymore....but I better see some serious pink/red pretty much all the way through.  If there isn't a bloody puddle on my plate when I'm done it was probably over cooked.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm

Oh, and bacon should be crispy....but not hard and brown/black.

Driven

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Properly seasoned/marinated and rare, or as the French put it, saignant (literally bleeding).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 7:30 am

Staybrite wrote:
Oh, and bacon should be crispy....but not hard and brown/black.

Perfectly cooked bacon should still have a reddish tint but be crisp when you bite into it.  If it is burnt, then send it back to the kitchen or let the dog have it.  Make bacon bits for the salad bar if you don't want to waste it!  LOL

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 am

I like my bacon and it's hard to ruin it for me. A little floppy, fine. A few burnt edges, good. Just give me bacon.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 2:39 pm

Bouncing smiley bounce bounce  B-A-C-O-N-!-!-!   bounce bounce Bouncing smiley
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! You-had-me-at-bacon

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!   Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #42 - Steak!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: