For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anchor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Anchor Empty
PostSubject: Anchor   Anchor I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 6:09 am

I'm not a huge Skillet fan, but as worship music goes (and I'm not a huge worship music fan either), their new single "Anchor" is a lovely peaceful thing that seems strangely un-Skillet like. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20518
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Anchor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anchor   Anchor I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 8:28 am

They did a couple of songs like this on their previous album.  Since they came out with "Comatose", they have tried their best to have a few songs that would hit on CCM radio while continuing to rock hard enough to still get secular airplay.  Skillet has been smart to morph with the times while attempting to stay true to their sound.  This is how they've managed to stay on top in the Christian industry and be successful in the secular market as well.  Skillet did the obligatory worship album many years ago, but it seems they would rather focus on a couple of new original tracks to help them continue to stay on top.  Hooking up with Winterjam several times as their headliner hasn't hurt them either.

I will probably be getting the album when it drops.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3226
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Anchor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anchor   Anchor I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 10:35 am

I wonder what the engineering stuff in the background was supposed to be for? scratch I get annoyed when videos have pointless stuff in their backgrounds - "snow" seems to be a favorite.

The song is OK though.

Sponsored content

Anchor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anchor   Anchor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anchor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: