Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angra Cover by Theocracy

Go down 
+3
Follower of Jesus
Xid
Jen5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Angra Cover by Theocracy Empty
PostSubject: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 am

RIP André Matos
A wonderful tribute from Theocracy... 

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 1:40 am

I've never listened to Angra.  This sounds really good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 am

That. Was. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 6:05 am

Very Happy  Amen    Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am

Really good cover. I enjoy some of the earlier Angra, they kind of lost me in the later stuff.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 am

Xid wrote:
I've never listened to Angra.  This sounds really good!

Oh dude, you should!  Check out their albums Angels Cry and Holy Land first.  (These are their first two albums.)  They're one of my favorite bands.  And while they're not a "Christian band," they have some overt Christian themes.

Black Rider wrote:
Really good cover. I enjoy some of the earlier Angra, they kind of lost me in the later stuff.

Have you listened to their newest stuff?  For me, they sorta lost me at Temple Of Shadows but roped me back in with Secret Garden and Omni.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Secret Garden was bland imo, not bad but nothing grabbed me. Agua was the same. I need to check out Omni more, only gave it a cursory listen.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 6:06 pm

I hear ya.  Secret Garden is pretty typical power metal without being too special or unique in any way, though it's well done and quite enjoyable IMO.  I think Omni is the strongest they've done since Rebirth (with the exception of Black Widow's Web which is not very good...).  Aqua is fairly bland but I still like it better than Aurora Consurgens...

I somewhat recently got the combo pack of Freedom Call / Holy Live which is really great.  Hunters And Prey is also quite good.  Those EPs all got re-released together with some other songs on a double-CD entitled On The Backs Of Angels which you might like!

Anyways, back to the Theocracy song: I hope they make it available to buy/download sometime.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm not a huge power metal fan myself, but I dig this.  Don't even think I've heard any Angra.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 9:05 am

Opinions are funny, I like Aurora Consurgens a lot.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 10:20 am

^I think that's usually an indicator of a good band: when fans can't agree on best/worst albums.   Cool  It means they're doing something different that affects their listeners in different ways.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Good point.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 am

kerrick wrote:
Anyways, back to the Theocracy song: I hope they make it available to buy/download sometime.

They did. The update came across my FB feed this morning.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 am

And it's freeeeeeee!!!.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 am

Aww yeah!  I saw that too and immediately downloaded.  And for those like me who always want an album cover for everything in your library...  I used this picture that Angra had posted on their FB:

Angra Cover by Theocracy 62070795_2920141251359395_5089665399721558016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlICSd9MsLhXlDNMDitZCqETM3mCsMGdc43x1QpUVxGgu2CCxUqiKPJwEgQg3_980Ml0YRlLvoLKjY1fStDYwyu&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Black Rider wrote:
And it's freeeeeeee!!!.

Where?

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 10:02 pm

On YT look up the Theocracy cover of the song Time and it's in the description.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Black Rider wrote:
On YT look up the Theocracy cover of the song Time and it's in the description.

Cool, thanks.

PostSubject: Re: Angra Cover by Theocracy   Angra Cover by Theocracy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angra Cover by Theocracy
Page 1 of 1